Reviews: raday

Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 24

Khaosan Tokyo Original

Tokyo, Japan

It was my first time staying in the Original...and it won't be my last. Both the price and location can only be beat by the hospitality of the staff. But taller folk should remember to watch their heads when entering some of the dormitories though. P.S. Don't forget to go to the parties thrown by this and Khaosan's other locations (FREE FOOD)!

It's impossible to argue with the price, I'd probably come back again; although, I wish they'd clarified the fact that a "Deluxe 4 Bed Private Ensuite" actually means 2 queen beds. It's situated about a 15-20 minute walk north of Stratosphere, making it a bit of a walk to the strip, unless of course you take advantage of the Deuces 24 hour ticket which goes all the way up and down the Strip for $8. A side note is that we were forced go outside of our room in order to gain access to the wifi.

• 1st Jan 2013

Sir Ruthelen

Los Angeles, USA

Overall, fairly reasonable for the money. It was a bit strange having the office such a distance from the actual hostel, but the staff was friendly enough to give us a ride from the office to our hostel. The neighborhood it was located in wasn't too bad, not a place I'd really enjoy walking through at night, but the hostel is actually less than a 5 minute walk from the Expo line of the LA Metro and the overall location is about as close to the "center" of LA as you can can find.

• 30th Dec 2012

Amsterdam Hostel

San Francisco, USA

Overall, enjoyed my stay. The room I reserved was actually was "destroyed by water damage" before I arrived and in response they upgraded my group's booking from the original dorm room to a suite for no extra charge! The location was nice, technically within walking distance (if you don't mind hills) of all the big things to see in SF.

• 28th Dec 2012
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I can honestly say that my stay at Khaosan Tokyo Asakusa Annex may have been the most fun experience I've ever had. Tokyo itself is an amazing place, but combining that with all of the super fun & friendly staff and fellow travelers you'll meet, be prepared to extend your stay. I did. The staff love to throw parties and people are always at the Khaosan bar which servers reasonable priced drinks. So there's always something going on with 5 min of the hostel if you don't feel like exploring.