Location Canada, Gender Female, Age 30

Dragon Hostel Hong Kong, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
6.3
9th May 2016

The hostel is super close to the subway and easy to find with thier directions. Their is no atmsophere as each room is in a separate room. The bed was comfy. Small pillow. Only one power point for a room of 4 people. I didnt use the shower. If looking for a cheap place to stay in HK for a night its not that bad. If you are looking to be left alone then this is the place for you.

Paddys Bar Backpackers and Dive Centre, Puerto Galera, Philippines
11th Mar 2016

The place is run by two Aussies who hire some locals. I really like this place. It had a chilled out atmosphere where you can play free pool and have some drinks. The view is amazing in the bar. They make pizzas and if you are lucky maybe some roast. I went diving and I had a great time. Lorenzo showed me my first wild seahorse and he pretty much did everything for you while diving. Cleaning and putting your dive equipment away . The price was excellent as well. Would go back!

Kayun Hostel, Kuta, Indonesia
8th Mar 2016

I landed in Bali on the day before "Day of Silence" I had to stay an extra night as nobody was allowed to walk around Bali. The staff were very accommodating. They had to cook our food in the dark. Everything was in candle light as there were no lights allowed. The beds were big and soft. You have a power point in your bunk and a locker underneath your bed. There is even a curtain to give you a little more privacy. The hostel was clean. Close to the airport. Food was good. Pool was nice.

Krowi Inn, Surabaya, Indonesia
5th Mar 2016

The hostel was nice and very clean. The beds were big and comfy. You get a locker or all your stuff. Staff were friendly and helpful. I like how they book activities for you. They have a book of things to see and do in Surabaya.

Hello, thanks for your review and feedback. Yes, we have a book of activity to help our guests to explore the city and vicinity. We provide the information on how to get to places of interest and can help arrange for Bromo and Ijen tour as well. We are happy to know that you find the book of activities helpful. Thanks for staying at Krowi Inn. Cheers.

Gado Gadu Hostel, Bandung, Indonesia
4th Mar 2016

The hostel is super close to the Train station. The staff were friendly and helpful. I booked a tour through the hostel and I had a lovely time. Breakfast was excellent. Shower was cold :( Hostel seemed clean enough for me. My room was alright, enough for a one night stay.

Six Degrees, Jakarta, Indonesia
3rd Mar 2016

I really liked this hostel. You have space under your bed for all of your stuff. A power point in your bed area to charge all of your stuff. Breakfast was great. The staff were friendly and helpful. The bed and pillow were comfy. Your bed is kind of built into a wall, so it feels like you have a little room to yourself. With a curtain to add a little bit more privacy. Lots of things to do in the hostel from playing pool to video games. Plus they have a rooftop bar to drink the night away.

Thank you very much for the wonderful review! It makes it all worthwhile. Hope to see you again in Jakarta some time soon.

Feel At Home Backpackers, Bangkok, Thailand
15th Oct 2015

The staff were super friendly and helpful. They even bring your big bag up into the room for you and show you which bed is yours. The beds were comfy with fluffy pillows. And there is a socket for you to charge your electronics. All luggage goes under the beds so even in a 10 bed dorm there is plenty of space. The showers were hot and clean. The location is great, close to everything. Just be aware of the extra service charges for storing luggage for the day, etc

Thanks for your stay with us. We appreciate your precious time for reviewing us. We are still trying to give more services to our guests. Our Indian-Thai restaurant already starts and people are really praising us for the same. OUR Rooftop is also becoming favorite night party time place for our staying guests. Hope that you can see some changes in your next visit to us. Cheers... :)

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
Backpackers Travellers Inn, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
6.6
19th Sep 2015

We stayed one night. My friend and I had mixed feelings. I didn't mind the hostel for the price we paid. The location is excellent as its close to all modes of transportation (bus station and train station). We weren't given keys for anything so we weren't sure how well the security would be but nothing was stolen as that's always a bonus. I liked the shower as it was hot and spacious but my friend did not. She didn't sleep well but i slept great. So this hostel really depends on what you want.

FIN Hostel Phuket Kata Beach, Phuket, Thailand
13th Jun 2015

This hostel had everything I wanted. Comfy bed, fluffy pillow, hot shower, great atmosphere. It is super close to the beach and the staff were super friendly, helpful and could speak English great! Every bed has a power point to charge your stuff and there is a safety box to put your valuables in. What more could you want?

Ostello S. Fosca, Venice, Italy
4th May 2015

I loved that there where no bunk beds in the dorm room. Plus you have your very own cupboard that locks and its free!! The directions are a little confusing but once you get in Venice you find that all directions are confusing and the hostel does the best that it can do. Bed was comfy and the shower was hot.

Sandy Hostel, Rome, Italy
2nd May 2015

The hostel is in a great location. Things to remember is that there is no kitchen, city tax needs to be paid at arrival and you have to walk up four flights of stairs to get to the hostel. On the positive side. Beds where comfy, staff was great as he told me where to go and cheap eating places!. Four set of keys to get into the building so you don't have to worry to much about people stealing your stuff. Ps its Rome, you are barely going to spend any time in the hostel anyways.

Hostel California, Milan, Italy
1st May 2015

I was only in the hostel one night. Hot shower and comfy bed is all I care about! Staff was nice. Internet wasn't the greatest in the room. Had a bunch of Italian men wake us up at 4 am. Wasn't the happiest about that as I had to get up at 7am.

St Christopher's Inn Newquay, Newquay, England
24th Mar 2015

I wish i could of stayed longer then one night but we were on a tight schedule. I liked the discounts for the bar and food. The beds were comfy and you get your own power point and light. One tip swipe your key card really slowly to get into your room.

25th Nov 2014

Somebody left their baggage on my assigned bed. I had to tell reception and they remade my bed. I like the idea of the hostel set up. I was in the 16 bed dorm the rooms were separated into blocks of four with washrooms at the end of the room. Breakfast is your standard continental with coco pops! I had a small issue with the shower. The lights are sensor and while showering the lights turned off. Mid shower I had to get out and find the sensor. Place was clean, staff were alright.

Chester Backpackers, Chester, England
24th Nov 2014

This was a nice hostel. Lindsay gave you a walk around the Hostel to let you know where everything is located. The hostel is only a short walk away from the bus and train stations (roughly 15mins max) . Waitrose is right next door.

Igloo Backpackers Hostel, Nottingham, England
9th Nov 2014

I liked this hostel. Had a nice homey feel to it. The kitchen was spotless and well organized! Some of the sleeping quarters aren't located in the main hostel. Its just a across the street. I liked the fact that some of the food places give backpackers discounts on meals.

YHA Whitby, Whitby, England
7th Nov 2014

Like all YHA the hostel is superb. The hostel is clean. Staff are excellent. You may have to climb up 199 steps to get to the hostel but the view is amazing. And you are right beside the abbey. There is a place to put your wet stuff.

Backpackers Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne, England
7.1
6th Nov 2014

The women who helped me was amazing. She showed me to my room and showed me around the hostel. She also told me where to go and what to see in the area with my allotted time. There are free lockers to use in the room. The hostel is slightly messy but they are trying to correct the situation.

Willy Wallace Hostel, Stirling, Scotland
3rd Nov 2014

The staff were excellent. Told me how to get around everywhere. Since I don't like tea and coffee I was also treated to Hot chocolate instead! More hostels need to do that. The location is prefect. Everything you need is right there. I would definitely stay here again!

Inverness Tourist Hostel, Inverness, Scotland
2nd Nov 2014

I always stay at this hostel when I'm staying in Inverness. Its got a great location and the staff are friendly. It has exactly what I want. A bed close to the bus and train station

Thank you for your good review. This is where we are - right in the heart of the city:) Hope to see you next time you are in Inverness!

Fort William Backpackers, Fort William, Scotland
8th Oct 2014

The staff were great! As somebody had the window open to air out there walking stuff, I asked for another blanket and got one. The hostel is close to the city center with a good view. I didn't stay long in the hostel but it had what I needed a bed and hot shower! Plus it was quiet. A place to hang clothes in the shower would be nice.

Inverness Tourist Hostel, Inverness, Scotland
17th Jun 2014

I only stayed one night as i had to catch the bus in the morning. What I liked most about the hostel was the bed. The bed was super compfy with big pillows. I didnt use anything else. Its in a great location. Only a 1 minute walk to the bus station!

Sun & Moon Hostel, Barcelona, Spain
14th Jun 2014

The staff helped me with the numerous questions I had about the city. The breakfast was amazing. Just be aware that you get charged for everything extra like blankets and a city tax. I was hardly in the hostel as I was out exploring the city. The location is awesome.

Blue Sky Hostel, Glasgow, Scotland
7.1
13th Jun 2014

If you want to just sleep here for a night its alright. My room was across the street from the hostel. I arrived late and got up early so if that is all you are looking for the hostel is ok.

Euro Hostel Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland
28th Apr 2014

Great Location, Free Wi-Fi. Lots of toilets and shower in the 12-bed dorm. I liked this hostels as it was clean and the staff were friendly. There were only 2 others in the room with me so that was awesome. The view was also amazing. I got to see the Clyde River from my room.

Neptunes Town Hostel, Killarney, Ireland
8th Apr 2014

The hostel was in a good location. Staff was very friendly and informed. Told me loads of places to go and eat. Breakfast was the norm. Showers were hot. Seemed like a very busy and friendly place to stay.

7th Apr 2014

The hostel was spacious, the room was nice and ensuite. I love to hear people brushing their teeth at 8am. The shower wasn't the best as you had to wait awhile for hot water which is fair enough. I understand that it sometimes takes awhile for hot water to come through the taps. The bathroom floor didn't seem very clean as there was tons of hair in the drain and nowhere to put my bath stuff except on the floor. The toilet area was also dusty. Other then that I thought the hostel was good.

Paddy's Palace Hostel Derry, Derry, Northern Ireland
22nd Jan 2014

The hostel was clean and friendly. I really did hate using the showers though. The shower would go from scolding hot to cold. I told the staff and they said it waws normal. The hostel was in a good location. Fast interent and the standard free breakfast. The fridges needed to be clean out as i throw out some food with mold on it and chicken that was 2 weeks old and making the fridge smell.

The Linen House Hostel, Belfast, Northern Ireland
20th Jan 2014

I had no issues with this hostel. After looking at the reviews I was leery about staying here. It was the cleanest kitchen I have ever seen. With a large hostel is was quiet at night as well. The shower thing would suck when the hostel is completely full. Great location!

London Waterloo Hostel, London, England
7.4
11th Nov 2013

The hostels seemed nice. I really didn't spend much time in it a total of 5 hours. Front desk was nice enough to put me on a bottom bunk when I asked. Also the beds are tiny in height. I couldn't even come close to sitting up in the bed. That was the only bad thing.

Blue Skies Hostel, London, England
5.7
10th Jun 2013

The hostel is situated above a pub so I wasn't expecting it to be he greatest place. Plus the price was low. The staff were super nice. The room I stayed in was completely messy. There were no bed sheets on my bed. But first the staff had to find out which bed was mine since all of them seemed occupied. There were popcorn kernels on my bed plus flyers. Staff had to find sheets for me. The hostel didn't seem very clean as in the bathroom there where dirty towels lying around and dirty cups.

Smart Sea View Brighton, Brighton, England
10th May 2013

The place seemed really nice compared to most hostels. The location is out of the way from Brighton but a bus ride can easily fix that. The clerk gave me a top bunk (3 bed bunk) when there was only two other people in the room (out of 15) so I had no problem switching to a bottom bunk. Breaky was like all the others cereal and toast.

Dover Castle Hostel and Bar, London, England
7th May 2013

I liked the place. Staff were friendly and tried to help you. The location was good. It's close to the tube and just a short walk away from London bridge. Breaky was the norm. Showers kinda sucked. There's only one shower per level and only two toilets as well. You can end up waiting awhile if you don't want to explore the other levels.