Istanbul Harmony Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

I really enjoyed my stay here. I was a returning customer. The rooms were nice and small. I loved the roof top area and met lots of other travelers there. It has a great relaxing environment.

• 27th Sep 2013

Nomad Cave Hostel

Goreme, Turkey

Amazing place. I loved sleeping in a cave. The owner and staff were beyond helpful. They helped to coordinate activities and drove me to the museum. The breakfast was great and the common area is really comfortable. It is one of the best hostels I have been too.

• 7th Sep 2013

Istanbul Harmony Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Great staff, great breakfast, great location. I will stay here again when I return to Istanbul. It is near the main attractions and has a tram within walking distance to get you to further things. The roof top is amazing.

• 2nd Sep 2013

Kvartiri Pazvantovi

Sozopol, Bulgaria

we tried to move in, it is so great. The rooms are big and comfortable and clean. The kitchen is small, but serviceable. There is a common area that is really like a livingroom. It was so homey. I can't say enough good things. We had a balcony off the room. Such a treat to stay here. The staff was really helpful with arranging onward travel for me.

• 29th Aug 2013

The Penthouse Crib

Plovdiv, Bulgaria

I stayed at the new hostel called The Crib. It is the best hostel I have ever stayed at. The owner is amazing and so helpful. She made a fantastic breakfast every morning. The hostel is clean and comfortable. I felt like I was staying in someones home. I would highly recommend this place to everyone! It is located really close to the old town... maybe a 2 minute walk.

• 27th Aug 2013
  • Globetrotter

So nice to see people already love TheCrib too :) We designed the place for socializing and meeting travelers, while in the same time EVERYONE can have private space and comfort rest :) Thank you, Megan, for an awesome and detailed review. GreetzZ ;)

Hostel Mostel

Sofia, Bulgaria

Pretty good hostel in a great location. The staff were really helpful and able to answer questions. The 18 bed dorm is foam mattresses in the attic all together, so be aware before you book that room. It also doesn't come with breakfast or dinner.

• 26th Aug 2013

Sun Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

The hostel was set in a nice building and had a great common area with tv and couches and tables and outside garden area. The kitchen was really well stocked. The rooms were clean and big, and the bathrooms were fine. The staff were really nice and so helpful. The hostel was about 30min from the bus/train walking and 20min to the old town, so the location could have been better.

• 23rd Aug 2013

Hostel & Guest House SA

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Good hostel within walking distance of all major sites. The rooms were clean and spacious. Small kitchen with whatever you would need for a simple meal. I would stay here again and recommend it to others.

• 21st Aug 2013

Hostel Miran

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Miran is amazing. He has a great, sarcastic sense of humour and had all of us on his tour laughing. The hostel was clean and in a great location. We were met at the station and escorted to the hostel which was great because it would have been really hard to find other wise. I would definitely recommend this hostel to everyone. The tour that Miran gives is also a must do! The information on the war was unbelievable, and the waterfalls were really refreshing. Everyone has to do the tour!

• 18th Aug 2013

Old Town Hostel East Wing

Kotor, Montenegro

I loved this place! I want to go back already. I accidentally booked into Old CITY hostel, but the staff at Old Town hostel let me come and hang out with them any time. The kitchen is good, the rooms are big and clean, and the common area is a great spot to hang out. The hostel is a really great old building and in an excellent location. The staff definitely make the hostel great. Old City hostel doesn't have anything on the atmosphere and facilities of this hostel. Best hostel I have stayed at

• 17th Aug 2013
  • Globetrotter

It was a really nice hostel to stay at, and in a great location next to the old town. As with everything in Dubrovnik, it is over priced for what you get. The staff remembered everyones names, and were very helpful. It was clean and had a good kitchen.

• 12th Aug 2013

Green Lizard Hostel

Hvar, Croatia

I loved my stay here. The staff were incredible and went above and beyond to make sure that everything went well for us. As with everyone else, our only complaint was the lack of AC.The hostel is in a great location, but it is definitely the staff that make the stay so great. Good kitchen and hang out area.

• 7th Aug 2013

Hostel Kiki

Bol, Croatia

Amazing staff, really clean, and great outside area complete with BBQ. I loved staying here. They also have a great boat to hang out on and have drinks. Definitely take advantage of the free pick up.... it is really hard to find the hostel. I would have stayed longer, but they are really popular had no rooms and we needed to move on!

• 4th Aug 2013

Hostel Emily

Split, Croatia

The rooms in the hostel were clean and the location was ideal. The owners daughter was very helpful, but the owner was not as much. The bathroom shower didn't drain at all and there was only one bathroom. I would stay here again in a pinch, but not for too long

• 2nd Aug 2013

Ace of Spades Hostel

Bled, Slovenia

The place was really clean and in a great location. Nice big common area outside and inside. The kitchen is really well stocked and big enough for multiple people to cook. The rooms were very comfortable. Only difficult part was finding the place because there is not a sign on the building. You have to look for the white building across from the supermarket for check in. It is not labeled either.

• 24th Jul 2013

Swanky Mint

Zagreb, Croatia

I had a really great stay in this hostel. It is in a perfect location in the center of town. The staff were all helpful and gave me excellent suggestions for things to do in and around Zagreb as well as for the rest of Croatia. Beds are comfortable, kitchen is well stocked. It was a bit quiet only because it is new, but I think thing will start to really pick up soon! Would highly recommend this place and would stay here again if I am ever back in Zagreb.

• 19th Jul 2013

HomePlus Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

I really enjoyed my stay here. Rika was amazing. She was really friendly and helpful and was able to answer all of my questions. I found the people at reception to all be friendly, but not all of the others were as helpful. The hostel was clean and comfortable. The kitchen is really small. The staff made a traditional Hungarian dinner for us on two of the nights that I was there which was a nice surprise. The location is good. I would stay here again.

• 14th Jul 2013

Hostel Blues

Bratislava, Slovakia

The location was great. I loved the kitchen and the common areas. The staff was more than helpful. Sometimes there was a wait for the bathrooms.

• 12th Jul 2013

Hostel above club Madrid

Kosice, Slovakia

Really tiny hostel above a bar. It was in an excellent location, quiet, and the staff was nice. It is not your typical hostel, but I had a good time staying there. I would only recommend it for a night or two though.

• 10th Jul 2013

The Ginger Monkey

High Tatras, Slovakia

There were problems with hostel world and the whole hostel was double booked when I was there. The staff were amazing and found me a new place to stay for the same price. They let me come and hang out with them, gave great tips and advice, and served an amazing breakfast. I would go back just to get to actually sleep at the hostel. So many people there kept extending their stay and not wanting to leave!

• 8th Jul 2013

One World Hostel

Krakow, Poland

Really good location to the old town and public transit. The breakfast was nice... toast, cereal, tea/coffee. They had a good common room that people hung out in. The rooms were large and there were lockers. I would stay again.

• 30th Jun 2013
  • Globetrotter

The beds were clean, the kitchen was clean and well stocked, so overall, this hostel was average. It was about 30minutes to walk to the centre of the old town. I had food stolen twice from the fridge which was frustrating.

• 28th Jun 2013

Pride of Paddington

The fact that breakfast was included was great. The common room was small and it seemed like most people didn't go there. I enjoyed sitting up there and relaxing though. The pub underneath was not noisy in the rooms, but you could feel the trains passing under you. I loved the location. I would definitely stay here again. It is good value for the price.

• 24th Jun 2013
  • Globetrotter

Beary Nice! by a beary good hostel

Singapore, Singapore

Rooms were well organized. The staff was friendly. IT was a pretty average hostel in a great location.

• 3rd Jun 2013

Sunshine Bedz KL

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Loved this place! The owner and the staff are amazing. I really think this was my favourite hostel in south east Asia. It was quiet, but easy to go out at night to party. Cheap food was close, transportation was close, and shopping was close. The hostel is spotless. The beds are really comfortable too!

• 31st May 2013

Gringo's Rincon Hostel

Sucre, Bolivia

Really good place to stay and meet people. I enjoyed my time there. Cleanest hostel I have been at. The front door security is good, but no lockers. Great kitchen and nice common area outside on the top floor.

• 23rd Feb 2013

Hotel Mitru

Tupiza, Bolivia

I really liked staying here. It was a nice treat to have my own room. The breakfast was excellent and the pool was good as well. I would definitely recommend this place to others.

• 21st Feb 2013

7 Duendes Base Hostel

Salta, Argentina

Good place for a night. An average hostel. Nothing outstanding, but nothing bad either

• 19th Feb 2013

Baluch Backpackers Hostel

Cordoba, Argentina

The hostel and the staff were very good. The dorms were large (at least the one I was in) and have lockers. The kitchen and common rooms were a great place to meet other travelers. I would just not recommend Cordoba. There are better places in Argentina to visit.

• 17th Feb 2013

Hostel de la Viuda

Punta del Diablo, Uruguay

Great hostel. I stayed longer than intended. I loved the set up and the staff. They have some really cute little puppies! Good location because the town is so small.

• 27th Jan 2013

Ciudad Vieja Hostel

Montevideo, Uruguay

The hostel was good overall. My only complaint is that the dorm rooms are really small and it is hard to move in them.

• 25th Jan 2013

Iguassu Guest House

Foz do Iguacu, Brazil

It was in a great location close to the bus stop. It was easy to find with signs posted near the station. The staff was wonderful and really helpful with organizing tours to the falls or explaining how to get there on ones own. I was able to extend my stay with no issues. I would definitely stay here again. Such a great atmosphere.

• 19th Jan 2013

Backpackers House Paraty

Paraty, Brazil

Thought this was a great place to stay. The staff was helpful and gave good suggestions for things to do. They have locked boxes for all the beds and sturdy bunks in the dorms. Everything was very clean. The location was great. The street was quiet even though it was really close to the bus station and a supermarket.

• 11th Jan 2013

Mapa da Ilha Hostel

Ilha Grande, Brazil

I was worried about staying here due to the lack of reviews, but it turned out to be a great little place. It is pretty basic, but has a few hammocks, a good kitchen and a clean bathroom. It is small which is nice. It is up a bit from town, but everything is so close that the 5-10minute walk is not really an issue. There is no internet which makes it boring if it rains. I would stay here again, but would try for something in town first.

• 9th Jan 2013

Walk On The Beach Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The staff was beyond helpful. I even had a walking tour designed for me by one of them. The rooms and facilities were average for a hostel. The breakfast was good, but it was definitely the staff that made my stay here great. The hostel is within a 5 minute walk to the beach. They organize tours, but it is easy to catch the bus and metro from the hostel too. I thought it was a perfect location for site seeing. I would stay here again. Also, the staff was always cleaning.

• 6th Jan 2013

La Brisa Loca

Santa Marta, Colombia

I only stayed for one night because other places around Santa Marta were more interesting to me. I found the staff were not overly helpful with answering questions. The hostel was also really big which as a solo traveler made it more difficult to meet people. I would stay here again, but not for very long.

• 14th Dec 2012

Lima Limon Candelaria Hostel

Bogota, Colombia

The hostel had a good, but simple breakfast. The location was amazing. The rooms were clean, the beds were sturdy and comfortable. The best thing about the hostel was the staff and the common area that really made a family out of everyone staying there. I had a fantastic time and would definitely stay there again.

• 11th Dec 2012

Colonial House Quito

Quito, Ecuador

I love this hostel. I keep going back. It is in a great location... 5 minute walk to the historical old town. The beds are big, the showers are hot, there is a good little kitchen and multiple common areas. The staff is wonderful, but they speak limited English. I have found this to be common in Ecuador though.

• 1st Dec 2012

Hostel Villa Vento Surf

Panama City, Panama

Great location and staff. The set up was a bit weird and some beds were in the hall behind a divider. Not sure I would stay here again.

• 21st Nov 2012

Hostel Urbano

San Jose, Costa Rica

I had previously been to San Jose, and was looking for a place that was quiet to relax for a few days. This place was perfect. I ended up staying 2 nights. The neighbourhood has a few malls and movie theater. The kitchen at the hostel is fully stocked. The breakfast was great. I took a night bus out at 11pm, and they let me stay in the hostel until just before 10 that night. The staff is amazing. The only downside is that it is a bit far from downtown, but I think it is an easy bus or taxi ride.

• 18th Nov 2012
  • Globetrotter

Hi, So nice to hear this!! Thanks for your great feedback, It is really important for us that our guests feel at home!! thanks for your comments we really appreciate it! We hope to see you a next time, here in the Hostel, Best regards, Claudia Hostel Urbano!!

Hotel & Hostal Berakah Copan

Copan Ruinas, Honduras

Staff was really helpful with organizing shuttles and place to stay and Tica bus for travel to Costa Rica. Breakfast was good, but small. The dorm rooms were good and had storage lockers. Copan is a really tiny town, so I think any location would be great. I liked the common area. Not much of a kitchen, but functional for small meals. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to friends.

• 14th Nov 2012

The Terrace Hostel

Antigua, Guatemala

The staff were very helpful, but overall, there are nicer places to stay for equal price. The rooms are dark and really noisy because of the bar upstairs. It is definitely a party place as opposed to a rest place. Depends on what you are looking for in a hostel. I didn't eat there, but the food looked great. All locations in Antigua are good, and this place was no different.

• 13th Nov 2012
  • Globetrotter

Great place to stay. It was easy to get to Flores with the boat things. It was difficult to find the meeting place initially to get to the hostel. The rickshaw driver was convinced it didn't exist and the people at the tourist booth didn't know either. I found the cafe within 10minutes on my own though. It was nice to have a pool to use. Food on site was good and there were some nice walks around the hostel. The owners were really helpful with arranging tours.

• 9th Oct 2012

Pause

Caye Caulker, Belize

Caye Caulker is such a small island that there really is no such thing as a bad location. I think this was a great place to stay and help out a local charity while saving money. The only downside to Caye Caulker in general was the amount of sand flies.

• 1st Oct 2012