6.9
22nd May 2014

Great location - away from the hustle and bustle of central New York, but just three blocks from Central Park. Some great cafes and restaurants in the neighbourhood. The room wasn't very clean, but had a good range of facilities (microwave, fridge, cutlery etc). You get what you pay for, basically, great for doing New York 'on the cheap'.

Base Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
6.3
24th Aug 2013

You get what you pay for. Location's good, but the kitchen isn't big enough for the amount of rooms they have and the living room area is dark and dingy, so not very inviting. Good for groups, but wouldn't recommend staying here if you're a solo traveller or planning on staying in Wellington for more than a couple of days.

Mojito House, Chiang Mai, Thailand
5.7
15th Jun 2013

Wi-fi didn't work properly. Beds are laid out as singles rather than bunk beds, meaning less privacy and if you want your reading light on it affects the whole room. Sinks are outside - didn't like brushing my teeth in front of a load of people. Layout of the place was generally a bit odd.

7th Jun 2013

City Circus Athens, Athens, Greece
20th Oct 2012

What a great hostel! Stayed here for 4 nights and could easily have stayed longer. Very clean, great décor, extremely friendly staff who were always eager to help, as well as a lovely breakfast. Great view of the Acropolis from the rooftop terrace, which looks stunning at night when lit up, and the location is pretty much perfect as it is in walking distance of the majority of Athens' must-see sights. Would definetely stay here again if I was in the city.

14th Apr 2012

I only stayed at this hostel for one night, as I needed a stopover before I flew back to London the next morning, so didn't get the full experience, but this seems like somewhere to come if you're up for a party. All the guests were teenagers/early 20s and within a very short space of time got invited to a psytrance rave, which annoyingly I couldn't go to as I had to be up mega early :( Staff are friendly and helpful, a very social, party-loving place here.

12th Apr 2012

Not a massive fan of this hostel, if I'm honest. The staff were friendly, but didn't know as much as hostel staff should. I asked whether it would be better to buy a travel card for the subway or walk between destinations and was told "I don't know" even though this is a standard tourist question. Place was clean; however, only 1 working laptop made internet access a bit tricky. No proper kitchen and a reception room which doubles as a living room. This place is alright for a stopover, no more.

J-Hoppers Hiroshima Guesthouse, Hiroshima, Japan
10th Apr 2012

Absolutely loved this hostel. It's a tad on the small side, but the staff are very friendly, everything is clean and the beds are comfy. A really social hostel as a lot of people seem to gather in the kitchen/living room area in the mornings and evenings. The only shortcomings are that the walls are a tad thin and it could do with having a couple more showers, but you're guaranteed to have a fun time here. I certainly did, best hostel I stayed in while travelling Japan!

Thank you for you comment Buddy. Were happy to hear that you had a nice time staying her in the hostel. We really do have to thank all our awesome guests who make everyone`s traveling experiences memorable ones. Believe me when I say that "We are working one it", when it comes to the layout of the hostel. Your comments are oh so important and we value every one. Thank you kindly :0)

7th Apr 2012

I had a great time at J-Hoppers Osaka, as with all the other J-Hoppers I visited on my trip to Japan. Mr Yano is hilarious and organises lots of social trips/parties etc to get everyone in the hostel together. Spotlessly clean, comfortable beds, thick walls so you cant hear the neighbours and cheap beer vending machines! Location isnt great as its not in central Osaka, but it is a 2 minute walk from Fukushima train station and easy to find.

hahaha Mr. Yano loves parties and he is always trying to help customers have fun more. so do we, of course though! hope we can have a party together again!

J-Hoppers Hida Takayama Guesthouse, Hida Takayama, Japan
5th Apr 2012

I had a great stay at J-Hoppers Takayama. Excellent location, as it is only a few minutes walk away from Takayama train station, spotlessly clean, lots of showers and comfortable beds. Staff are very knowledgeable and went out of their way to help me - even offering me a coat when I didnt have one for my walk up to Hida Folk Village in the snow. Snow boots and umbrellas are provided and the communal DVD room is lovely and cosy. Cant fault this place!

Thank you for your lovely comment. We were glad you enjoyed yourself here and we are more than happy to help everyone, anytime. Hope you come back .Arigatogozaimashita.

30th Mar 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Toco Tokyo Heritage Hostel. I was made to feel very welcome by friendly and helpful staff, who knew the area thoroughly and always had a smile on their faces. A breakfast was provided every day for 300 yen, which brought people to the kitchen and made the mornings very social. The hostel itself was spotless and the beds were very comfortable in the 8-bed dorm. The only downside was that the walls were very thin, but its not the end of the world!