Location: Switzerland, Gender: Male, Age: 34

Hostel of the Sun

Naples, Italy

Wonderful staff, wonderful staff (must be repeated), a familiar place where you automatically easily socialise, very good breakfast and very close to the main port.

This hostel truly deserves its name. A super location with great view, a lovely atmosphere with very interesting people and socialing environment, very supporting and easygoing staff and a lovely Tequila. I very enjoyed my stay and I am looking very forward to returning again.

415- FourFifteen Hostel

Sunny Beach, Bulgaria

Nice host "family" offering a pretty nice place with very good facilities. I had a spacious 4-bed dorm with A/C and own bathroom. The breakfast was also enjoyable.

Antique Hostel Bucharest

Bucharest, Romania

Very beautiful building in a great location just 3 minutes to the center's restaurants and music clubs, but still relatively quite. Spacious rooms, a cool designed common room and a good breakfast. I happily stay again.

Greg & Tom Hostel

Krakow, Poland

The perfect hostel! Great staff (thanks Sara and Olga!!!!), very good location, a nice atmosphere, where it is easy to socialise, great facilities, incredible breakfast and as incredible free (!) dinner! Thanks a lot for this great experience!!

Hi Deniz! Thanks for the amazing review! We love you!

Aventura Boutique Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

The interior design was awesome! I slept once in the safari room and another time in the India room. There is space in the dorms, cool facilities and very helpful and competent staff. I enjoyed my stay!

Art Hostel Taurus

Bratislava, Slovakia

This was a pretty nice hostel with artistic interior but firmly lead, which was good for me, because it made the place quiet and organised. However the behaviour of the middle-aged lady in the staff remembered me too much of the Nurse Mildred Ratched of the movie One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Friends Hostel & Apartments

Wroclaw, Poland

Next to the most interesting nightlife neighborhood, friendly-helpful staff, clean, familiar place, which might feel sometimes too tiny

Believe-it-or-Not

Vienna, Austria

What an original idea!!! This brightly, freshly decorated cool apartment establishes a magic atmosphere where you feel from the first moment on like a family with all the co-traveller. Definitely a concept other hostels should copy. Thanks also to the warmhearted hosts Lily and Lucia!

Budapest Bubble

Budapest, Hungary

A familiar place where you get to know easily other travellers. Gene, Olga and Gabor were great hosts!

Baan Kamala

Phuket, Thailand

I very liked the quite town of Kamala Beach, where Baan Kamala was the only hostel. The staff was very cordial and helpful. The beach and some nice restaurants were less than 10 minutes walk away. There is a nice open lobby area for hanging around on the ground floor. Unfortunately the Karaoka Bar next door was in the night very active, so that one is forced to listen to its music. My dorm was on the top floor, so that the Karaoka bar's music was not hearable there.

Hue Backpackers Hostel

Hue, Vietnam

A great place with much life, atmosphere and lovely staff (for example Lan).

Little Hanoi Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

Very helpful staff who organised a good trip to Ha Long Bay.

Bodega Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand

Central but quiet, with warm hospitality.

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

I very enjoyed the wooden interior design of this hostel. It was very clean and the facilities were very good. You might want to consider that Khao San is a quite different experience of Bangkok than the city center (like Sukhumvit), which I recommend also to try.

Old Town Hostel

Dubrovnik, Croatia

A nice classic building very close to the main gate within the atmospheric old town. The ceilings of my dormitory were beautifully painted. I wished the mattresses would be of better quality – without a/c (only fan) the room got rather hot in August.

Old Town Hostel East Wing

Kotor, Montenegro

A nice hostel in the quiter area of the village easy to reach from the bus terminal. My dormitory had air condition. Definitely to recommend. Official check-out time is with 10 o'clock a bit early.

Very well organised, very beautiful and stylish. I loved my room (4-bed).

Hostel Blues

Bratislava, Slovakia

I very enjoyed the stay in Hostel Blues. All persons in the reception were genuine angels, being very helpful and warm-hearted. My room and the facilities were great.

Hostel Greci

Florence, Italy

Very pleasent stay on a great location.

Posada San Francisco

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Very demanded hostel with an incredible view over the port and a good atmosphere.

Academy Hostel

Florence, Italy

Great unique hostel with wonderful high ceilings in a location barely beatable. Cool staff (in particular Toto, who was a genuine nature host). The only point which improve my next stay would be real bread in the breakfast, than the plastic-bagged alternatives.

HI Praia do Forte Hostel

Praia do Forte, Brazil

Nice hostel in Praia do Forte with great breakfast and cool staff (thank you Taizzi!). Cool daily tours offered by the hostel. The beach is not too far. The only small issue was that there was a decayed wood smell in my dormery.

Babushka House

St Petersburg, Russia

The hostel is quite centrally located in the city, though very quite. Very hospitable staff who welcomed us warmly. We had a quite spacious private room for a good price. Anti-mosquito devices available for free at the reception.

Soul Kitchen Hostel

St Petersburg, Russia

Very cosy place - I found that even the 10 bed room was spacious. I liked the concept of removing the shoes in the entrance.

Gordon Inn

Tel Aviv, Israel

+ Incredible great breakfast!!! + free towel + close to the beach - 6 bed mixed dorm was the smallest dorm I ever slept (and I was already in quite small ones)

Grand Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

What I remember well ist the nice welcoming design of the hostel , the great staff and the top facilities. If you are visiting the Talent Campus of the Berlinale - it is only 80 meters away. The hostel is not so far away from popular art and outgoing neighbourhoods. Berlin is a gay friendly city. However as a straight man I felt not in every moment comfortable sleeping in a room with almost no women but a lot of gay men. So I would prefer better mixed rooms.

St Christophers Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

Helpful staff, nice designed hostel and a greeeeaaaaaaaaat included breakfast!!!

Ai Quattro Canti

Palermo, Italy

A nice hostel to stay in a perfect location in the center of Palermo. Definitely recommandable. Thanks for the organisation of the tasty fish dinner Giuseppe and thanks for the wake-up service Agate.

Lemon Spirit Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Pro - Great location (secure, close to beach) - quite clean, good bath rooms - working Wifi / air condition - cool common area Con - Reception staff seemed to me as they were too tired and/or not motivated: - I had the feeling that they didn't like if you asked them for more than 3 minutes for advice - communicated price for a trip turned from 120 R$ to 135 R$ in the bill (the price of 120 R$ was even on the flyers written) - airport transfer didn't work out

Barra Guest Hostel

Salvador, Brazil

This a place where you get more hospitality than in a 5-star hotel, great competent advices and creative ideas about what to do, great breakfast, nice and clean rooms, suuuper location in Salvador (secure, central and hip), a familiar atmosphere and therefore definetely a great time!!! Thanks Fátima, Russell and Marcus!!! It was definitely not the last time!

Agora Hostel and Guesthouse

Istanbul, Turkey

Very good location, nice view from the roof terrace, great breakfast, incredible helpful and professional staff (thanks Cem!), very well organised (free wlan, free hostel provided locker, free towel, very cheap airport service)

Very helpful and cool staff. Thanks a lot for everything!!! Location is a 15 minutes walk away from the city center.

Oops Design Hostel

Paris, France

The most stylish hostel I have ever been. Best bath room. Very good neighborhood. Only hostel with the most delicous croissant in the morning. Relaxed guests (no alcohol party people). I would go again. Be aware that the building next to the hostel which goes till the yard is rebuild (if you like to sleep longer during Mo-Fr, this might be an issue). I wouldn't accept a 7. guest in the 6-bed room. If it is to cold to open the window this is a person too much for the room.

Goat Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

very helpful and friendly staff, good atmosphere, good location, cool common room

Astor Museum Inn

lacation central and cool but at the same time very secure, very clean and agreeable rooms and overaverage clean bathrooms (for hostels), great staff only minus: I'd have loved to have cheese for the breakfast