The Siem Reap Hostel, Siem Reap, Cambodia

20th Sep 2013

Stay Inn Taksim Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
4.9
13th Jun 2013

I chose to stay in a hostel instead of a hotel to meet other people but there was nothing put on to help make this happen. There was no mention of the hot tub advertised in the profile or on the website. When I asked for local recommendations for food etc I as told it was all good, not particularly helpful. And it's really difficult to get to, or so they make it seem - I was hard sold a taxi to/from the airport. It's okay, clean kinda pretty, but rooms are tiny and it's 15min walk to the metro.

City Walls Hostel, Dubrovnik, Croatia
29th Apr 2012

Awesome staff here who make you feel really welcome - especially Kat! Beautiful location and a good, but relaxed happy hour. Only downside would be a distinct lack of proper cooking facilities but that didn't bother me as plenty of cheap places nearby to eat out.

Living Lounge Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
7.3
22nd Jun 2011

Absolutely stunning hostel and very relaxed atmosphere during the day. Lots of fun to be had in the evenings with lounge djs and trips to see the sunset. Only problem for me was that the noise carried on to the small hours and throughout the building (I was 2 floors above the lounge) and since I was ill, this wasn't really ideal. Brilliant location, perhaps a bit too many party types staying! Showers were flooding the bathroom for the three days I was there, but beautiful rooms and building!

Grande Hostel de Coimbra, Coimbra, Portugal
9.3
20th Jun 2011

Great place to stay! Could not have asked more from the staff who helped me plan my trundling round the beautiful city. The homecooked food is just what you need after a day walking up those hills and the bar is great fun but deep in the basement so as not to disturb anyone sleeping. Beds were one of the comfiest I've had in hostels, even on the top bunk! Would and have been recommending to everyone I know!

• England,