Abigails Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

This was an average hostel to me. It has the basics, but for the price I found it a little too basic. In the reviews people talked about the breakfast but the fruit is tinned and there were no croissants. There is no secure storage for your bag unless you pay for it. I found the cleaning staff quite bristly (I understand it's not the nicest job but I found them harder to deal with than in most places). The TV always has the news on which in a way is nice to see but it's loud.

• 19th Sep 2013

Kinlay Eyre Square Hostel

Galway, Ireland

This is one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in! They thought of everything that hostel stayers want! Down to powerpoints in the right place, big cages under beds that fit your whole bag, muesli with nuts in it in the morning, lovely staff, a map with their favorite spots in Galway.. everything! My only tiny gripe is that it's a massive hostel so if you're traveling to meet people it'll be tricky there.

• 15th Sep 2013

Bru Bar & Hostel

Cork, Ireland

Really nice owner- a kiwi guy! Made me feel right at home. The other staff were really lovely too. There was a lot of comeradie amongst guests which I enjoyed and only 4 to a room makes for a good night's sleep. The common areas were a bit cramped but other than that a really nice place to stay!

• 10th Sep 2013

#bunk beyoglu

Istanbul, Turkey

I stayed in three of the top hostels in the Taksim/Beyoglu area and this was by far the best! The staff are really friendly. The common area is really hip. Everythings is SUPER clean (sheets feel starched). Breakfast is simple but totally sufficient. Made lots of friends with other backpackers. It's like a deluxe class of backpackers. I really felt at home there by the time I left. Tip- if you're a woman go for the women's room. It has it's own private toilet/shower and more storage space.

• 30th Aug 2013

Global Village Travellers Lodge

Greymouth, New Zealand

Really lovely stay at the Global Village. It's the cleanest and most orderly hostel I've ever stayed in. Really cool facilities- including free bikes, kayaks, a movie room, a fire place and a balcony with views of the sunset. Really friendly staff too. Not to mention the really colourful and interesting rooms with nice beds! Totally would recommend it and stay there again.

• 9th Dec 2012