Town House 50 Saigon

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Great facilities. The shower was lovely and the beds and lockers great. The staff were friendly although a little bit pushy about selling you tours but they weren't upset if you already had plans or said no. Breakfast was AMAZING. One of the best I've had. They made eggs for you or rice noodles, and then there was a buffet of fruits and meats and spring rolls that were delicious. It was wonderful! I'm glad I stayed here, though it is a bit far from other backpacker hostels (10 minute walk)

Aonang 88 Hostel

Krabi Ao Nang, Thailand

Great facilities - beds with individual lights and plugs, lockers and lovely showers and bathrooms. The security is a little lacking outside of the lockers (there are no locks that work as far as I can tell on the room doors themselves) but there is someone at the reception 24-7 so random people don't just walk up to the rooms. It's also a little, out of the way from Ao Nang beach closer to Nopparat Thaya beach. Would definitely stay here again!

Pak-Up Hostel

Krabi, Thailand

WE Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand

Had a great stay here for eight nights. Originally only planned to stay two but kept extending it. It's very close to the skytrain and the water taxis, which is great for getting around to all the sights. Bank at the front desk was very helpful. There's a nice open area on the first floor for hanging out - met quite a few people there. The rooms and bathrooms are kept very clean. Highly recommend staying here!

Hi Kristen. Thank you very very much for your review. we are hoping to see you again. :)

Dragon Hostel Hong Kong

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

This is a guest house with basic facilities. I was in a four bed dorm which had blessed AC, but a tiny bathroom with a shower head, toilet and mini sink all in about a 10 foot square space. There was wifi in the lobby but not in the room I was staying in. For the price though, it wasn't too bad and once you found the entrance the location was excellent - right in the middle of Kowloon, a two minute walk from the subway. If you don't need any fancy frills just good basics, this is the place.

YHA Mei Ho House

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Hostel Arasolis

Fisterra, Spain

Patio Hostel

Bratislava, Slovakia

This was an exceptional hostel with amazingly low prices. It's a BIG hostel, so don't expect too much intimacy with everyone there, but there is a decent mount of socializing that goes on. Every floor has their own kitchenette with two hot plates, a sink and a fridge, which is awesome. I was in an 8-bed dorm that also had a table and two chairs, which are always useful, as well as the under-bed lockers. Great security, and free laundry! Free to wash AND free to dry Highly recommend!

Hostel Costel Timisoara

Timisoara, Romania

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. I was going to take a shower, and they offered me a beach towel! Bok also got up one more at 5:30 to set out breakfast for me before I caught a very early morning bus, even though breakfast is normally from 9-12. Both he and the other people who run the hostel are extremely considerate - one helped me peel potatoes for dinner! The facilities are good - the lockers are nice and large and the beds are sturdy. Plenty of hot water too. Great hostel!

Sky 10

Belgrade, Serbia

Travellers Home Hostel

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

This was a fantastic hostel overall - great staff, nice beds. The only thing I didn't give it a perfect for was facilities and this was ONLY because when I took a shower in the morning, there was almost no water pressure. This could have been a 'everyone has showered and used up the water' thing, but it took two minutes to get my hair completely wet. Otherwise, the beds and the lockers were great, and the kitchen is fantastic. Definitely recommend this hostel and would go back!

Montenegro Hostel

Kotor, Montenegro

This was a fantastic hostel. Great location right in the center of the old town, great staff willing to tell you everything about the city and about things nearby outside of the city. Good facilities - the shower had amazing water pressure and a nice laundry machine.

Hostel Villa Angelina Old Town

Dubrovnik, Croatia

The location is a bit out of the way, although it is close to a metro stop. The hostel is very large so it can feel a bit impersonal but the facilities are AMAZING.

Feel Hostels City Center

Malaga, Spain

El Granado

Granada, Spain

This is probably one of the best hostels I've ever stayed in. The staff was extremely helpful and the facilities were amazing. The lockers were absolutely gigantic, and the bunks were very solidly built. Highly recommend!

Great hostel - super friendly staff and lovely kitchen!

The Garden Backpacker

Seville, Spain

Osio Backpackers

Cordoba, Spain

360 Hostel MalasaƱa

Madrid, Spain

HI Munich-Park

Munich, Germany

Really nice rooms; nice to have lockers outside the rooms. Plenty of showers and very solid beds. Very helpful staff willing to explain about the city. A bit difficult to get to (mostly because we weren't exactly sure which stop to get off the bus at), but we managed. Nice and clean; internet good. Overall very nice.

Thank you for your stay.

Giovanni's Home

Naples, Italy

Best hostel I've ever stayed at! Only complaint is that the upper bunks on the beds are a little bit shaky, but otherwise was great! Giovanni is a wonderful person - we came in hot and tired and he brought us water and then had fresh pasta he'd made for us. Free, of course! The internet worked great, the showers were wonderful, and the comraderie was the best anywhere. The hostel isn't too big and isn't too small- basically perfect!

• 11th Jul 2011

Hostel Santa Monaca

Florence, Italy

Hostel was nice. The room we stayed in was pretty large, so it was nice to have space in between all the beds. We stayed in an eight bed mixed and had some good conversation with our roommates. There were plenty of showers nearby which was nice, but not enough outlets in the room. There were two plugs for all of us to share! Also, the free wifi didn't work in our room; we had to go downstairs to get it, and then it worked fine. The staff was nice and very helpful.

• 4th Jul 2011

Hostel Greco Milan

Milan, Italy

Had an aweful experience here. Made two separate bookings; one for just me for the first night, and then one for my friend and I (he was arriving a day later than me). When I left the morning after the first night I talked to the day shift guy and confirmed I'll be back tonight with my friend. We got back at 10 PM and the night shift guy had given one of our beds away! He then sent us to another hotel without refunding my deposit and gave us bad directions, and the other place cost 2x.

• 3rd Jul 2011