Downtown-Lodge

Grindelwald, Switzerland

Good points: central location, free breakfast. Bad points: reception closed during a big part of the afternoon so when I arrived I didnĀ“t have a place to leave my backpack, then after snooping around I discovered they had some lockers but they were all occupied. also the shower in my lodge was terrible, the temperature of the water was constantly changing from cold to really hot...

The Jailhotel

Lucerne, Switzerland

Central Backpackers

Oxford, England

Good location and nice staff, I just think the bathrooms could be cleaned more often. Also, right next to the hostel there is a bar/club that play music sometimes too loud for you to sleep but, at least, as the night ends early in Oxford it doesn't last for long.

• 18th Mar 2013
  • Portugal

Astor Hyde Park

Great location, right next to Hyde Park and the wonderful area of the Natural History Museum, Science Museum and Victoria and Albert Museum. Beautiful building and good common areas like the kitchen and lounge upstairs. Rooms are nice and clean. I would definitely recommend this hostel. (But I think breakfast can be improved with more options of things to eat (not just bread) and drink (not just milk).)

Roman Wall

Ljubljana, Slovenia

House Poljanak

Plitvice Lakes, Croatia

The house is great, its possible to use the kitchen. The owner is very nice and helpful although she does not speak english (but with gestures and the help of very nice neighbours everything was fine). The location is great if you have a car, if not you should be aware that you have to walk / hitchhike 2 or 3 km until entrance P3 of the Park and maybe 10km until entrance nr 1. We were lucky that neighbour Marco gave us a ride when we needed to catch the bus to Zagreb.

Grand hostel LerO

Split, Croatia

The house is fine but not very well kept, it should be cleaned more often. Staff was not very available.

Hostel Mills Sarajevo

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

The hostel is located very near the old turkish quarter and the prices are good value for money. The common areas are good but we stayed in a room in the basement of the hostel that was a bit cold.

Krile

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Me and my boyfriend had a great time in Rome staying in L'Incanto di San Pietro. The place was easy to find, in a nice area really close to Piazza San Pietro. We had the keys so we could make our on plans and get back to the house whenever we wanted. The house was always clean and organized and the breakfast was simple but enough. Laura was very friendly, helpful and gave us great suggestions about restaurants (don't miss Vino e Cucina!).

St Christophers Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

I really enjoyed the time I spent at the Mosaic House. I was travelling alone and stayed at the big dormitory with 16 other people but everything was well organized so i didnt have a crowded or unsafe feeling. The bathroom and shower of the dorm was great. I just felt that the music was sometimes too loud at the hostel bar (specially friday night, the other days were ok)..and I really needed to rest after being walking all day. But the staff was nice! I definitely recommend it to everybody!