Location: England, Gender: Female, Age: 23

Vietnam Inn Saigon

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

The hostel is really centrally located, in a great position. The bar and hostel is a really good place to meet people. The staff speak little English, this wasn't a problem except the girl on the tour desk spoke barely any, which made it hard booking buses/tours etc. The showers and toilets were very clean, but the rooms could do with more of a 'deep' clean.

• 29th Oct 2013

Wada Hostel in Guilin

Guilin, China

The staff are really lovely and helpful, they even let me check in very early without extra charge. The food here is good and the location is good.

• 22nd Oct 2013

Zhangjiajie Bajie Youth Hostel

Zhangjiajie, China

The directions to the hostel are a bit confusing but I found it. The staff struggle with English but are helpful. The rooms are clean, but i don't like the shower over the toilet set up (only personal opinion). Getting the forest park by bus is easy from this hostel and the staff were very helpful with directions. Beds are slightly hard, and Chinese guests tend to leave dorm rooms open, which made me worry about the safety of my belongings etc.

• 19th Oct 2013

Yi Dou Hostel

Yichang, China

I stayed here for one night after the Yangtze river cruise, it was useful for this. The hostel is very clean and tidy. The bathrooms are in the room, with no seperate shower space and frosted glass doors, which I didn't mind but may make other people uncomfortable. The staff speak very little English or no English, and there is only one member of staff at any time. They also made me wait half an hour to check in, with my heavy rucksack and there was only one small group of three infront of me.

• 18th Oct 2013

A brilliant hostel, the best I've stayed in China. The staff were brilliant and helpful. Near to the metro station. Free dumpling party was a highlight. Bathrooms and rooms spotless!!

• 10th Oct 2013

I loved this hostel. The staff are amazing, so friendly and helpful. The location is good, near bus routes and metros. The hostel is always exceptionally clean. They offer great services and it's easy to socialise and met people with their evening activities, like free dumpling making etc.

• 9th Oct 2013

The location was good, right inside the city ancient city walls and close to the metro. The staff were helpful, but most spoke little English, so was a struggle sometimes. The showers and bathrooms were quite unclean and run down, but useable. This hostel is a bit too large for my liking, making it feel slightly unwelcoming.

• 5th Oct 2013

FX Inn Shanghai North Bund

Shanghai, China

I stayed in this hotel with some people I had met because it was National week and we could not get a hostel, it may be too pricey for a single traveller. The staff were really friendly and helpful, although some didnt speak English. The location is good, slightly out the centre but very near to the metro station. The hotel is clean and tidy. The rooms are very large, and the hotel is spotless.

• 2nd Oct 2013