Mad4you Hostel, Madrid, Spain
18th Aug 2016

I stayed in this hostel twice in August. The breakfast is good, the sitting areas are spacious, the staff is helpful. However, the rooms are quite small for 6 people (room 11) and with little natural air. At some point in the day, the bathrooms start smelling quite bad (looks like plumbing problems). If you happen to need their computer, be warned it's extremely slow, you will need 2 hours to do a 20 minute task.

Dear guest, thank you very much for your comment! We are glad to see you have enjoyed your stay in Mad4You. We are sorry to read you found the room small for 6 people, we do have other room types that might meet your expectations. Regarding the bathrooms, we want to thank you for your advice. As our team cleans them twice a day we will check if there are any plumbing problems. We apologize about the free computer as we are know working on it to solve this problem. We hope to see you again in the near future! Warm regards from the whole team!

Hostel Home Zadar, Zadar, Croatia
7.7
16th Aug 2016

The hostel has a great location and it's clean. The kitchen acts as the socializing area. I don't know how it is like in cooler periods, but in mid-August, after having to walk up the stairs for 6 floors and entering the hostel that has extremely little natural ventilation (none in the reception area), I felt like I was showering in my sweat.

Plitvice Backpackers, Plitvice Lakes, Croatia
14th Aug 2016

Leo and his family are very hospitable and I was happy I chose to stay at their place! The Lakes are a short ride away on Leo's car in the morning and for the return in the afternoon. Beware, if you are going by bus from Split, to insist that the bus driver drops you off at the bus stop Leo indicates, otherwise the driver will drop you off further up towards the lakes and you will have to walk for at least 15 minutes on the narrow side of the road backtracking towards the hostel!

Hostel Lika, Zagreb, Croatia
6.0
29th Jul 2016

I stayed at Lika for one night. When I checked-out, I forgot my quick-drying towel in the room (needed for a 7-week trip), I called the hostel later to hear from the owner that it was not found when she went in to clean the room (I assume before others checked-in) , which I consider very strange, as only one other female backpacker from Brazil was in the same room, with whom I had a friendly chat. Very disappointed by this and by the very small breakfast (a tiny toast and a cup of tea/coffee).

Hi, next time look better after your belongings, and as I said on the phone, there was no towel in the room, and here is an open invitation: go trough my whole storage and if you find it, I will buy you 10 more towels so if you ever loose or forget one you will have other nine to use :). Appreciate the breakfast, it's fresh prepared in front of you and coffee is from a real coffee machine, the best Croatian brand. Thank you

Mundo Hostel, Krakow, Poland
5th May 2016

Mundo is a quiet hostel, located away from traffic noises, with friendly and helpful staff. The breakfast is plentiful and the place is quite clean. Some of the beds have a shelf next to them (India room) which is good for placing your things, but access to the locker under the bed seems complicated due to narrow space. Negatives: squeeky bed frames (please oil them!), the computer/wifi won't let you check your Hotmail account.

Greg & Tom Hostel, Krakow, Poland
8.0
4th May 2016

Stayed 4 nights, on the 2nd & 4th floor. POSITIVE: Good breakfast (but runs out quickly), free dinners, very good staff, great proximity to the train/bus station. NEGATIVE: Smelly & clogged showers & sinks. Computer space is uncomfortable & the screens are placed too high on the wall. On the 4th floor: The sink/mirror is in the same space as the shower, so not accessible when someone's in the shower (only one for the whole floor). The toilet wall adjacent to the shower is not up to the ceiling.

Thank you for your review. We are just wondering why if the facilities were so bad you have decided to stay with us 4 times? You could have chosen another hostel. Our staff is really hard working and we always do our best to make our guests' stay as comfortable as possible. If there was anything you didn't like you could have let us know and we would have tried to fix the problem during your 4 separate stays with us you have never mentioned anything that bothered you.

Friends Hostel & Apartments, Wroclaw, Poland
6.9
27th Apr 2016

I stayed for one night in the 5-person dorm next to the reception. The room was quite small for 5 people and the bed I was on made too much squeeky noise, meaning less sleep for me and the others in the room. The breakfast is extremely limited - you get a coupon that allows you one coffee or tea and a small sandwich or tortilla in the cafe of the cinema located about 100 meters from the hostel. The shower works with a button you have to press every 30 seconds.

Seagulls Garret Hostel, Riga, Latvia
6.3
18th Apr 2014

I've stayed in many hostels so far but my night in this one was by far a "night from hell"! Starting with the entrance before reception (very smelly guest shoes in the corridor), the countless mosquitoes in the bathroom and bedrooms (really, I saw fewer of them last year in Cambodia), the squeaking bunk beds, the other guests throwing up on themselves in the bedroom at 03:35AM (surreal, to say the least!) and the noise coming from the bars in the same street. I would never stay there again.

HostelVITA, Granada, Spain
22nd Feb 2014

Positives: Very helpful staff (Juan and Alessandro), very close to the Alhambra, lovely Realejo neighborhood, adequately-spaced rooms, well-lit (daylight) and colorful rooms, easy to sit in the living room and make new friends. Negatives (room for improvement!): Limited choices for breakfast, very shaky/noisy/scary bunk-beds, no ladder for all the upper bank beds, average size of bath towel, no individual light for the beds.

Charles Bridge Economic Hostel, Prague, Czech Republic
7.4
6th May 2013

As other people have said, the hostel staff are great and will give you information about anything you need. The location of the hostel is ideal for exploring both sides of the old town, however the very noisy (drunk and singing) tourists might keep you awake in the (dorm) rooms facing the main street. The 7-person female dorm is spacious enough however the bad smell coming from all the sewage pipes in the ensuite bathroom is quite unbearable (even though the bathroom fixtures are new).

The Cozyness Hostel, Bucharest, Romania
17th Feb 2013

High points: Feels like entering a friend's relaxing apartment. Spacious main bathroom (cool curtain!). Easy to socialize with others. Marius (owner) is making an effort to get to know his guests. The 6-bed dorm is spacious enough, with bed-side lights and cloth hangers. Low points: The 6-bed dorm is next to the living room (if people talk loudly at night you will hear them) and has lots of light (beware if you like dark bedrooms!). Small elevator in the building. The main bathtub gets clogged.

City Circus Athens, Athens, Greece
16th Feb 2013

Compared to other Athenian hostels, this one is the newest and the best! Stayed in 6-bed mixed dorm with 2 others. High points: Relaxing and colorful common room, welcoming staff, great breakfast, rooftop view of Acropolis, centrally located, good value for money. Low points: No tissue paper next to the bathroom sinks (yes, this is important!), the 6-bed mixed room can get crammed (and smelly!) when full, must be cautious in the surrounding streets late at night, the toilet pipes are smelly.

Athenstyle, Athens, Greece
5.7
29th Jun 2012

I have stayed in other hostels in Europe that were significantly better value-for-money than this one, much cleaner and with better amenities. The 4-bed female dorm I stayed in was not clean. There was garbage on the floor, very small garbage can, mold in the bathroom and the water smelled too much of chlorine (I chose to wash my hair at a nearby hair salon). The shower space is so tiny, it can be claustrophobic. I was given a medium-sized towel for 2 euros (luckily I had other towels with me).

myMOjOvie, Vienna, Austria
1st May 2012

I landed in Vienna having very strong doubts about whether I like the city.... until I entered myMOjOvie....that's when I said "yeah, baby!!!" :)) Great place to stay at, close to transportation options to get to the center (tram, bus, on foot), great host (Julia) that gives excellent ideas on where to go and what to see.