• England, Male, 31-40
The Journey Hostel, Udaipur, India
27th Dec 2016

As a solo traveller, I'd highly recommend this hostel for: - great communal rooftop terrace to meet other travellers; - 24hr chai! - location in town; - lots of tours on offer (though I didn't try any); - among the friendliest and most helpful staff of any hostel that I've stayed in the world; - super comfortable beds in the dorms, with curtains and bed light for privacy; - ample underbed locked drawer space (bring your own padlock); - toilet paper provided by hostel.

• England, Male, 31-40
Joey's Hostel, New Delhi, India
6.0
18th Dec 2016

As a solo traveller, I consider this hostel adequate, but there are likely better options in Delhi. It was unclear who worked there and who were friends of the staff - they were all playing the Xbox in the lounge most of the time that I was there. There was virtually no atmosphere in the hostel during the 4 days that I stayed there in mid-December, partly because of the Xbox (a real conversation killer). The roof terrace, while a nice space, was under-utilised by both travellers and the hostel.

• England, Male, 25-30
Bahaus Guesthouse Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
24th May 2014

This is one of the most friendly and sociable hostels I have stayed in during my travels. The common area is perfect for meeting other travellers. The staff go the extra mile to make sure that everyone is happy. I stayed in both a four-bed dorm (non-ensuite) and a private room (non-ensuite) for five nights in total. I found both to be clean and secure. The keyless access system for the dorms is a nice touch. The four-bed dorm also had a full-size locker for each bed.

• England, Couple, 25-30