Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 25

Great location. Only 5 minutes walk from both the metro and the JR Line, meaning you can get to anywhere in Tokyo easily. Staff were very friendly as well, having maps of local restaurants and able to help you get to the sightseeing sights.

• 19th Aug 2014

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed in. The common area is massive and there are plenty of chairs and sofas to sit on. Kitchen is big and they provide free coffee and tea. The staff are very friendly. Showers aren't located too far away from rooms either. Each bed has its own electrical socket (look under the light), which is handy. The hostel's In a central location next to a major rail line and on many bus routes. Stay here if you're in Kyoto!

• 17th Aug 2014

I stayed in two hostels during my time in Kyoto and this was the inferior one. It's stationed in the south-east of the city and is on a few bus lines though I found myself having to catch two buses to get to the destinations I wanted to go to. The common area isn't that big, though I sat in the Santiago bar downstairs sometimes. Even with a discount, the food is expensive there. Each bed is curtained off and has its own light and electrical socket - made it feel very private!

• 14th Aug 2014

Hotel Chuo

Osaka, Japan

Staff were so friendly at Hotel Chuo. I stayed in a 4 bed and it was good. Lockers were too small though when leaving my backpack in the luggage storage, it was locked in a secure room with a tag attached - quite secure as other hostels just leave them in an unlocked room! Showers are on the bottom floor though I didn't see any queues and sinks and toilets were provided next to the room. They even give free towels and robes. Highly recommended!

• 13th Aug 2014

BnB Busan Guesthouse Hostel

Busan, South Korea

Yoon is an amazing host, one of the best I've have. Bathrooms are really clean and the showers are great! Recommend this place as it's close to Seomeyon and there are many bars and restaurants there! Thanks for a great weekend!

• 17th Feb 2014