Location: England, Gender: Male, Age: 25

The hostel is a 5 minute walk from the hustle and bustle of East Nanjing Road (and the station) and a short walk from the iconic Bund. Lots of delicious street food nearby. Plenty of showers and toilets, hardly any queues. And what a great price. Recommended!

Kelly's Courtyard

Beijing, China

This is often said on Hostelworld but this is by far the best hostel I've stayed in. It's a quaint hostel only 5 minutes walk from two subway stations (best print directions otherwise you'll get lost). John and Mark were helpful from the very beginning. They greeted us when we arrived at the hostel at 2am and were always helpful in suggesting daily itineraries for us. John was very thorough in his directions to the Wall. I have never met staff like them. Highly recommended.

Yesinn @CAUSEWAY BAY

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Amazing hostel. Very close to Causeway Bay station and close to central. Great rooms with curtains, plug sockets and reading lights for every bed. A great stay and experience!

Great location. Only 5 minutes walk from both the metro and the JR Line, meaning you can get to anywhere in Tokyo easily. Staff were very friendly as well, having maps of local restaurants and able to help you get to the sightseeing sights.

This is one of the best hostels I've stayed in. The common area is massive and there are plenty of chairs and sofas to sit on. Kitchen is big and they provide free coffee and tea. The staff are very friendly. Showers aren't located too far away from rooms either. Each bed has its own electrical socket (look under the light), which is handy. The hostel's In a central location next to a major rail line and on many bus routes. Stay here if you're in Kyoto!

I stayed in two hostels during my time in Kyoto and this was the inferior one. It's stationed in the south-east of the city and is on a few bus lines though I found myself having to catch two buses to get to the destinations I wanted to go to. The common area isn't that big, though I sat in the Santiago bar downstairs sometimes. Even with a discount, the food is expensive there. Each bed is curtained off and has its own light and electrical socket - made it feel very private!

Hotel Chuo

Osaka, Japan

Staff were so friendly at Hotel Chuo. I stayed in a 4 bed and it was good. Lockers were too small though when leaving my backpack in the luggage storage, it was locked in a secure room with a tag attached - quite secure as other hostels just leave them in an unlocked room! Showers are on the bottom floor though I didn't see any queues and sinks and toilets were provided next to the room. They even give free towels and robes. Highly recommended!

BnB Busan Guesthouse Hostel

Busan, South Korea

Yoon is an amazing host, one of the best I've have. Bathrooms are really clean and the showers are great! Recommend this place as it's close to Seomeyon and there are many bars and restaurants there! Thanks for a great weekend!

HelloBCN Hostel