• Russia, Couple, 25-30
Stay Inn Taksim Hostel, Istanbul, Turkey
24th Feb 2013

I loved this place. We had a room on the top floor with a small balcony, beautifully designed ceiling, clean toilet and so on. What I didn't like were the noisy crowds late in the evening (the kitchen is on the top floor too), but I kept telling myself I'm not 40 yet. Of course, it's not the hostel's fault. The rest was just great- the location, the staff, the atmosphere. Hope to stay there again.

• Russia, Couple, 25-30
Travellers House, Lisbon, Portugal
19th Feb 2013

Booked this hostel for our vacation in Portugal, but our visas were cancelled at the border. We were really shocked by the situation and sent an email explaining everything, showing the visa scans etc. The person I was talking to was really nice, but they still charged us the first night. Тhat's probably fine, since the hostel's policy is 3 days cancellation, but I was disappointed anyway. It's all about business. -40 euros added up to all the customs problems.