Location USA, Gender Female, Age 23

Mango Bay Resort, Coral Coast, Fiji
21st Jan 2014

I absolutely LOVED staying at Mango Bay. It's not a cheap hostel, which is to be expected since you're in Fiji, but the facilities in the lounge area (bar, pool, private beach) are fantastic. The dorms are less nice (bathrooms are basic and a little dirty) but can't complain for the price. Met so many cool people here and the staff is so nice and accommodating. Perfect place to stay in Fiji, I 100% recommend it for any budget backpacker who wants to experience Fijian paradise!

River City Inn, Singapore, Singapore
17th Jan 2014

Facilities, staff, and security are great. The hostel is in a good location near Chinatown. My only complaint was that the atmosphere was not very welcoming. It may have just been the weekend I was there but there was a group of Chinese tourists who were extremely rude and locked me out of my room at 3AM, which I wasn't too happy about. It's a very quiet place, so don't stay here if you're looking to party in Singapore.

Frendz Resort Boracay, Boracay Island, Philippines
12th Jan 2014

This place is in the perfect location right near the beach and it's very lively at night with great staff and great entertainment. Only complaint was that the bathrooms are really disgusting and need to be redone (also no hot water). Otherwise, great stay in a central location. It's worth a visit if you're looking for a great vacation in Boracay :)

Town House 50 Saigon, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
7th Jan 2014

I really enjoyed my stay here, especially because of the staff. There were a couple of incidents with "unruly" guests and they handled it really well while still making sure we were all comfortable and happy. Great location near the city center, very easy to get around and arrange tours. Rooms were very clean and breakfast is delicious. Great hostel in HCMC, definitely recommend it.

Golden Temple Villa, Siem Reap, Cambodia
3rd Jan 2014

This is one of the BEST hostels I've ever stayed in. The facilities and staff are fantastic, it's in a perfect location, and the restaurant has amazing food. Keep in mind is that this is more of a hotel than a hostel. There aren't a ton of backpackers here, so the crowd is a bit older and the lounge area isn't as social. But don't let that stop you because the local bars are great for meeting backpackers and its in a very central area. (Also great cheap tuktuk tours to Angkor Wat)

Green Tulip House, Chiang Mai, Thailand
6.0
26th Dec 2013

Clean and secure, but it's a decent walk to the center of the city and I thought I was going to lose it if they put one more tour brochure in my face. Everything about this hostel is money, money, money. We forgot to pay for one breakfast right after we ate it and they yelled at us before we even step foot back in the common area. They make a ton of commission on tours, so if you book one through them make sure you bargain hard. Can't get in at night without ringing doorbell & waking them up

23rd Dec 2013

Great place to stay in Tokyo for a couple of days. The atmosphere is great and so is the location to the major attractions in the Asakusa district. Good value for money, would definitely stay here again.

Thank you very much for your comment!Yes it is right, Asakusa is one of the most traditional area in Tokyo which is very beautiful! We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Jiyujin, Kyoto, Japan
21st Dec 2013

LOVED this place! The women at the front desk completely made my trip. I was solo backpacking over the holidays and they made me a Christmas card with an origami swan that they left on my backpack before I left. They were full of recommendations and great insight into the city. Only part that I didn't like (but was partially my fault) was that they are closed in the middle of the day so make sure you don't arrive then or you'll be waiting in the cold.

Nui. Hostel & Bar Lounge, Tokyo, Japan
20th Dec 2013

Only stayed here for one night on my stopover to Kyoto but I wish I had stayed longer! The staff was so helpful, they kept reception open later for me when my plane got delayed so I didn't have to get locked out. Great food and atmosphere with other backpackers, will definitely stay here again if/when I return to Tokyo!

Paganakan Dii Tropical Retreat, Sandakan, Malaysia
14th Dec 2013

Very outside the main town, but there isn't really anything to do there anyways so you aren't missing much. If you do need something the hotel is great about getting you a driver. It is very easy access though to the monkey sanctuaries, which is reason most people travel to Sandakan anyways (it's also right down the road to a crocodile farm). It is probably one of the most unique hostels you'll ever stay in with some of the nicest staff. Definitely recommend for a stop in Borneo

Masada Backpacker, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
11th Dec 2013

Good tour options for solo travelers, pretty good location for trips to Kinabalu National Park and diving sites. Breakfast is included, but is only toast so you may have to venture around to find somewhere else to eat. Met some really cool people here, good stay for a couple of night.

22nd Nov 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights to visit the Panda Center. Great location in easy walking access to some of the other sights in Chengdu. Had a great time here. Especially loved the common area and their food. Definitely recommend.

Peking Yard Hostel, Beijing, China
24th Oct 2013

Great hostel for our 3 night stay in Beijing. Staff was very nice and accommodating, rooms were a bit beaten up but the common area was fantastic. Food here is AMAZING, breakfast at the hostel was one of our favorite parts of the day. Very close to the subway and easy access to everything you want to see in Beijing. Overall worth the money!

Sunshine Bedz KL, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3rd Oct 2013

The location of this hostel was right in the center of the city, very easily accessible from tram and buses. Staff were really helpful for planning our short weekend in KL. It was a bit loud at night because of the common room and thin walls, but I can't complain for the price. Overall it was a great value for the price.

• USA, Mixed Group, 18-24
Casa a Colori, Padua, Italy
3.7
9th Jul 2011

This place is in one of the sketchiest parts of town. We only stayed here one night, and thank god because we left as soon as possible. From what we were told, Padova is really pretty, but the hostel is very hard to find, they just leave your passports sitting out in the open, and at night is is crowed with older men who are very creepy. We hated this place. The rooms are nice, but that's pretty much it. I really don't reccomend this hostel or this town at all.

Reaching Casa a colori is not difficult both by car (once out of the highway take the exit n. 11 for 1 km), or by public transport: from the station bus n. 3 takes directly to the structure, the bus stop is 300 mt far. We need passports only for check-in, after it guests can choose to have them back or to leave them at the reception; we put them in the keys-holder in the right room number case. If asked we can put them in a safe. Our staff is composed mostly by young people and our guests are usually adult or young couples, families, students or people who come to Padua for work. It is strange you have found old men. We hope you can have the possibility to visit Padua once more and not miss its beautiful places and funny entertainment! Casa a Colori staff

8.7
27th Jun 2011

Staying at the Villa is a whole experience within itself. We stayed for 3 nights and had the time of our lives. We met so many wonderful people and the staff was all very nice and accomodating. We loved our stay and if we ever return to Nice, you will see us only at the Villa!