Location: Australia, Gender: Female, Age: 26

Convenient being near the main train station, good that tours were available at the desk, shame that breakfast is not included. Dorm room smaller compared with other hostels and although the locker was big enough to fit a backpack, not practical. Security needs to be updated as everyone in my room had difficulty with their electronic cards not working in the door or lockers, also anyone could walk through the front door. Most staff members were not customer orientated and seemed not to care.

hi there. thanks for the feedback. we exchanged most of the batteries in the lockers. should work now. we can include breakfast but then we only would offer nothing else anymore then bread, water and coffee ;) . save travells

Lausanne Guesthouse & Backpacker

Lausanne, Switzerland

Everywhere in Switzerland is over priced, this is about the best you can do. I was impressed by how quiet the hostel was for its proximity to the train station, the bedrooms are on the opposite side so sleep is not disturbed by noise from the trains. Helpful staff. A shame that breakfast, towels and printing are not included in the price. At many other places printing your next travel ticket is free or 10 cents, so 40 cents per page is a micro example of how over priced this country is.

City Hostel Geneva

Geneva, Switzerland

Switzerland is over priced but this is probably the best you can do. Shame no breakfast included or buffet available to purchase. Good location near the train station. Clean facilities and quiet for a good nights sleep.

A Casa di Amici

Palermo, Italy

A bit uncomfortable but I was only in transit staying for one night, wouldn't want to stay longer. The front door was secure but the rooms were not very secure owing to actual old key locks and no lockers. Only one bathroom for girls and so not very accessible. Seemed like a whole floor apartment converted into a hostel. It was clean, quiet and the staff member was polite. 25-30 min walk to the train/bus station with backpack on. No fly screens, bring your mosquito repellant for Sicily!

"You get what you pay for" so, basically nothing at this hostel. Paris is over priced and this hostel is no exception. Poor security including a regular creeper who was know to staff members and banned from the hostel seen walking on the girls level in the early hours of the morning and again at breakfast, I had to call it to their attention. Staff were rude, obnoxious and disorganised, basically a team of young 20-something's with no customer service skills and no supervision. Try elsewhere.

Yes! Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

Very impressed by the Yes hostel chain, there is thought in the design of these hostels and rooms, someone knows their business. Well worth the stay and well worth joining in for communal dinner to have a home cooked meal and meet some other people. Good location near the train station. Larger, more crowded and more rowdy than it's Yes Porto branch, but still an excellent place to stay.

Yes! Porto Hostel

Porto, Portugal

I booked because of the endless excellent reviews for this hostel - and they're all true. Someone has actually put thought into the design and operation of this hostel. Facilities are all excellent and very clean, beds are super comfortable, communal home cooked dinner available each night is wonderful. Great value. Deserving of all the praise it gets.

Itaca Hostel

Barcelona, Spain

A good small hostel. Great location for going sightseeing, good small-ish size, nice common areas for some down time. Only thing missing would be electronic keys for the doors, bit awkward locking doors and locking people in or leaving for the bathroom and having to look the door behind you only for one minute etc. Good that front desk is available 24/7 and staff were savvy on front door security. A recommended stay.

Alberg De Centre Esplai

El Prat de Llobregat, Spain

Excellent place to stay near the airport if arriving late or leaving early. I arrived on a late night flight and was very happy to be so close to a place to sleep instead of having to battle into the city at such a late time. I found the staff very helpful and pleasant and the rooms were very nice and clean. Wifi didn't quite reach my room but available in common areas. Definitely would stay here again if coming to/from the airport at an unusual time.

The Hostal Tierramar

Palma de Mallorca, Spain

An excellent place to stay if not wanting to stay in the city but instead near the beach for some relaxation. Very easily accessible by bus to the city centre of Palma and to other tourist attractions. Hostel is a misnomer this is more like a budget hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. My room which was on the street side was a bit noisy from the traffic. Otherwise no complaints, I would stay here again and recommend it to others.

Definitely lacking in services/space for guests although I wasn't too bothered as I spent most of my time out in London instead. Bed space was tiny and not the most comfortable mattress. The wifi was often unable to connect, probably overloaded. I've got more for my money elsewhere and probably would prefer to go elsewhere next time. Good connection on Northern line to west end area for shows etc. but it's reliant on that and is otherwise not in an area that offers anything to see or do.

Sorry for any inconvenience you had in our hostel. We have corrected the wi-fi issue and we are always striving to improve our services to make you feel like at home.

Rainbow Marrakech

Marrakech, Morocco

Staff were very helpful and the atmosphere of the common room was quite good to meet people etc. also the staff facilitated getting our group onto a tour the next day although it was quite late at night. The real problem was the lack of bathrooms for so many guests. It was almost impossible to get a shower free and when you did there were temperature problems like scalding hot. Another was double shower/bathroom in one so that made one less toilet. Definitely not the place to be if unwell. TIA!

• 12th Sep 2013

Gallery Hyde Park

The bathroom was quite unclean and very smelly. Also the room was very hot and I did not have a pillow because some other lodgers had used my pillow to prop a window open. Glad I was only staying for one night. Otherwise, it was convenient that the front desk was manned all night as we were checking in late.