• Australia, Mixed Group, 18-24
Second Hostel, Taipei, Taiwan
29th Nov 2015

Amazing - so modern, clean, affordable and in a great location. Stay here.

Lazy Gaga Hostel, Guangzhou, China
8.0
17th Oct 2015

A great location with clean bathrooms and comfortable beds. My one issue was that you have to make your own bed - you're given a pile of sheets when you check in. I realise that it's a cheap hostel, but trying to make up a top bunk bed in a crowded dorm late at night is the last thing you want to do after a long train trip (I am 6'3 and still find it uncomfortable to reach up). Even worse, there were some suspicious brown stains on the sheets I was given. Towels weren't available either.

13th Oct 2015

I really liked this hostel. Modern, great location, hot showers, clean bathrooms and friendly staff. The dorm beds are some of the most comfortable I've found in a Chinese hostel. Such good value for dorms and the coffee was also good. We were able to rent bikes for just 30RMB per day, which allowed us to explore the villages around Yangshuo. One negative (not the hostels fault) - other guests were heavily smoking in our room during the day. The staff helped spray down and air out the room.

Wada Hostel in Guilin, Guilin, China
12th Oct 2015

I first visited this hostel when it opened in late 2010, and I was delighted to see that it is still as good five years later. I've been to over 20 Chinese provinces, and this is one of my favourite hostels in the country. The staff are wonderfully friendly and helpful, rooms are clean (and somehow very cheap), the tour to Longji Rice Terraces was great value and really fun, and the food is worth trying. Although not in the middle of town, still easy to get buses. I definitely recommend.

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
Yesinn @Fortress Hill, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
6.0
14th Sep 2015

We are a couple, so we had booked a double bed with an ensuite, but we're given a room with three single beds. The air conditioner didn't work well so it was very hot, we didn't sleep very well. Considering how much we paid, the room should have included towels. The room is five floors below the hostel foyer (the hostel is situated in an apartment building) and we arrived at midnight, so we had no energy to go up the lift again to ask for towels.

Hong Kong Hostel, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
26th Aug 2015

Comfortable beds and good location. Still an odd experience - the hostel is operated over several buildings and is obviously not welcomed by the locals (there are signs about it...). Man at reception sad friendly and welcoming.

Love Hostel, Lanzhou, China
6.0
25th Aug 2015

This hostel is more of an obscure apartment with three dorms than a hostel. It was really cheap and the staff were cheery, so I can't complain too much about staying here. It is located in a tall tower within an apartment block precinct - really hard to find (especially at night after a long train trip). My friends liked the chilled vibe.The directions provided really really need to be improved. Stay for a night only if you want somewhere cheap to sleeo - Lanzhou is a transit city.

City Nomad Guesthouse, Xining, China
22nd Aug 2015

A very pleasant stay. Although we were surprised that it is in an apartment building, my five friends and I were very impressed with this hostel (desgined for 20 guests in three dorms). It was kept immaculately clean throughout the day, had two western bathrooms, hot water, good wifi, comfortable linen and great character. Lots of movies & books are provided too! The owner advised us to take a great trip to Qinghai lake (do it).

13th Aug 2015

I first stayed at this hostel in 2013, and thought that it would be a good place to organise a tour to Tibet. Sherry and Sally were very patient in helping us organise our trip. The hostel itself is very clean (including bathrooms and rooms), is in a great location in beautiful Chengdu and has a great atmosphere and nice food. I would definitely recommend this place as a base to stay in Chengdu as well as organise the rest of your travel in Western China.

Thank you very much for your great support! It was great to have the friends back to our hostel again and again! Hope to see you again!

The Hump Hostel, Kunming, China
14th Jan 2014

Great hostel, a wonderful place to start your Yunnan adventure. Great value and great facilities. My only problem was that the reception is up three flights of stairs, which was painful with three large and heavy suitcases.

Han Tang Inn Hostel, Xi'an, China
20th Dec 2013

The twin room, which was only 60RMB, felt like a hotel room opposed to something in a hostel. Western toilets, comfortable beds, wifi, good hot showers and provided towels are all included in the price. The cafe is excellent (great coffee) and the staff helpful. If you visit Xian you should definitely stay here.

Thank you to highly recognition of our facilities, atmosphere,cafe and staff, your encouragement and support drives us to continue moving forward, thank you very much. All the staff wish you a happy new year.

25th Aug 2013

A great hostel, I would definitely stay here again. It is not too far from the excellent Paris metro, and is located in a new modern building in an interesting neighbourhood. The staff are polite and friendly even though it is really busy, and the hostel has a good restaurant and cafe inside as well. The rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable. Breakfast is great too, excellent value for money overall. I would definitely recommend.

Hello dear guest, Thanks a lot for your feedback. We can learn a lot from your experiences so we really appreciate you took the time to reply. We are really happy to see you had a great time with us. If you do have any ideas of what we could do to make things even better we would love to know. Thanks again and we hope to see you again in a near the future. Kind Regards, Your St Christopher’s Team Paris

Heart of Gold Hostel, Berlin, Germany
20th Aug 2013

Nice hostel, massive spacious rooms that were really comfortable and good value. Clean bathrooms too. The atmosphere was really lively. The staff were sometimes a bit standoffish, but were at least efficient and got the job done. A really good set up.

Gay Hostel (male only), Berlin, Germany
18th Aug 2013

Much more modern, clean and comfortable than I expected. The communal shower is less weird that I would have anticipated. There is heaps of information about where to go, and good opportunities to meet people. I only spent a few nights here during my week in Berlin, but its good if you are young gay and travelling alone. You might sometimes get guys in their late 30's trying to make conversation, which I found a bit weird, but you dont have to spend time with anyone you dont want to.

Hedonist Hostel, Belgrade, Serbia
14th Aug 2013

The staff at this hostel were the friendliest of any hostel I have ever stayed in, without exaggeration. They went out of their way to ensure I enjoyed Belgrade and took a personal interest in my travels. The dorms are comfortable, the bathrooms clean & modern and security is good. The location is also fantastic, a great neighbourhood in the city centre. If you visit Belgrade, you would be mad not to stay here.

Residence Rooms, Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina
12th Aug 2013

Although this hostel is located in a stunning building in the middle of the city, it's right next to a bar street so it can be impossible to sleep even at 4am in the morning. It didnt bother me as much, but friends of mine staying there too were affected. The building is very charismatic and the rooms very spacious and clean, breakfast great. I really enjoyed the tour organised by the hostel, but it was a bit overpriced. If you are passing through Sarajevo for a short period, its a great place.

Hostel Magdalena-Lena, Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina
10th Aug 2013

I would definitely recommend staying with Lena. The location is fantastic. Right next to the bus/train station, and a pleasant 10 minute walk through the city to the old town. Lena is so lovely and accommodating, she helped me find a restaurant and booked me a tour of the district that has been a highlight of my time in Europe. There is great Wifi and really clean rooms. Lena greeted me with watermelon, snacks and tea, and answered all my questions about the amazing city of Mostar. Stay here!

HomePlus Hostel, Budapest, Hungary
29th Jul 2013

I liked my 2 nights here. It is a pleasant 10 mins walk down the Danube to the city centre, which i didnt mind. The tram also goes really close to the hostel. It has a very informal feel, not a bad place to meet people. The showers and internet are great (important to me). I was looking forward to the Hungarian meal, but there wasnt enough food on the night I was there. The building itself is really interesting.

Kashgar Pamir Youth Hostel, Kashgar, China
11th Jul 2013

If you visit Kashgar, stay here. The location is perfect, next to the Id Kah mosque. The hostel has a great atmosphere and is great value. The highlight is the staff, who go out of their way to help you. Several of them speak fluent English. They make it so easy to organise tours and book tickets. I would recommend a room with air conditioning in summer. It is wonderful to sip a great coffee on the terrace at sunset whilst the call to prayer rings out over the city.

West Lake Youth House, Hangzhou, China
7th Jun 2013

Beautiful location in the forest next to West Lake, but it can be difficult to get a taxi to the city. The beds were comfortable and really great value. The hostel provides a 6 hour bike hire for just US$3 which is great.

Hongdae Housetay Guesthouse, Seoul, South Korea
2nd May 2013

Mostly an excellent stay, great value. They helped us organise a tour and were very friendly. Maybe not enough bathroom facilities for all the guests, and the electricity plugs are inconvenient and do not work well. The beds are very comfortable and it is really clean. The free toast is an added bonus too! The Wifi is the best of any hostel I've ever stayed in.

Nanjing Time Youth Hostel, Nanjing, China
12th Apr 2013

Excellent hostel, affordable, comfortable and great value. The staff had excellent English and were very helpful. The communal areas are fantastic and the internet connection is excellent.

Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel, Singapore, Singapore
28th Jun 2012

The breakfast was fantastic and the staff were extremely friendly!

Travellers Palm Lodge, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
25th Jul 2011

Very friendly and homely. I will recommend to my friends. A wonderful base to explore KL, and great value for money. Location is also brilliant.