The Hump Hostel

Kunming, China

Great hostel, a wonderful place to start your Yunnan adventure. Great value and great facilities. My only problem was that the reception is up three flights of stairs, which was painful with three large and heavy suitcases.

Han Tang Inn Hostel

Xi'an, China

The twin room, which was only 60RMB, felt like a hotel room opposed to something in a hostel. Western toilets, comfortable beds, wifi, good hot showers and provided towels are all included in the price. The cafe is excellent (great coffee) and the staff helpful. If you visit Xian you should definitely stay here.

Thank you to highly recognition of our facilities, atmosphere,cafe and staff, your encouragement and support drives us to continue moving forward, thank you very much. All the staff wish you a happy new year.

A great hostel, I would definitely stay here again. It is not too far from the excellent Paris metro, and is located in a new modern building in an interesting neighbourhood. The staff are polite and friendly even though it is really busy, and the hostel has a good restaurant and cafe inside as well. The rooms are clean, spacious and comfortable. Breakfast is great too, excellent value for money overall. I would definitely recommend.

Hello dear guest, Thanks a lot for your feedback. We can learn a lot from your experiences so we really appreciate you took the time to reply. We are really happy to see you had a great time with us. If you do have any ideas of what we could do to make things even better we would love to know. Thanks again and we hope to see you again in a near the future. Kind Regards, Your St Christopher’s Team Paris

Heart of Gold Hostel

Berlin, Germany

Nice hostel, massive spacious rooms that were really comfortable and good value. Clean bathrooms too. The atmosphere was really lively. The staff were sometimes a bit standoffish, but were at least efficient and got the job done. A really good set up.

Gay Hostel (male only)

Berlin, Germany

Much more modern, clean and comfortable than I expected. The communal shower is less weird that I would have anticipated. There is heaps of information about where to go, and good opportunities to meet people. I only spent a few nights here during my week in Berlin, but its good if you are young gay and travelling alone. You might sometimes get guys in their late 30's trying to make conversation, which I found a bit weird, but you dont have to spend time with anyone you dont want to.

Hedonist Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

The staff at this hostel were the friendliest of any hostel I have ever stayed in, without exaggeration. They went out of their way to ensure I enjoyed Belgrade and took a personal interest in my travels. The dorms are comfortable, the bathrooms clean & modern and security is good. The location is also fantastic, a great neighbourhood in the city centre. If you visit Belgrade, you would be mad not to stay here.

Residence Rooms

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

Although this hostel is located in a stunning building in the middle of the city, it's right next to a bar street so it can be impossible to sleep even at 4am in the morning. It didnt bother me as much, but friends of mine staying there too were affected. The building is very charismatic and the rooms very spacious and clean, breakfast great. I really enjoyed the tour organised by the hostel, but it was a bit overpriced. If you are passing through Sarajevo for a short period, its a great place.

Hostel Magdalena-Lena

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

I would definitely recommend staying with Lena. The location is fantastic. Right next to the bus/train station, and a pleasant 10 minute walk through the city to the old town. Lena is so lovely and accommodating, she helped me find a restaurant and booked me a tour of the district that has been a highlight of my time in Europe. There is great Wifi and really clean rooms. Lena greeted me with watermelon, snacks and tea, and answered all my questions about the amazing city of Mostar. Stay here!

HomePlus Hostel

Budapest, Hungary

I liked my 2 nights here. It is a pleasant 10 mins walk down the Danube to the city centre, which i didnt mind. The tram also goes really close to the hostel. It has a very informal feel, not a bad place to meet people. The showers and internet are great (important to me). I was looking forward to the Hungarian meal, but there wasnt enough food on the night I was there. The building itself is really interesting.

If you visit Kashgar, stay here. The location is perfect, next to the Id Kah mosque. The hostel has a great atmosphere and is great value. The highlight is the staff, who go out of their way to help you. Several of them speak fluent English. They make it so easy to organise tours and book tickets. I would recommend a room with air conditioning in summer. It is wonderful to sip a great coffee on the terrace at sunset whilst the call to prayer rings out over the city.

West Lake Youth House

Hangzhou, China

Beautiful location in the forest next to West Lake, but it can be difficult to get a taxi to the city. The beds were comfortable and really great value. The hostel provides a 6 hour bike hire for just US$3 which is great.

Housetay Guesthouse

Seoul, South Korea

Mostly an excellent stay, great value. They helped us organise a tour and were very friendly. Maybe not enough bathroom facilities for all the guests, and the electricity plugs are inconvenient and do not work well. The beds are very comfortable and it is really clean. The free toast is an added bonus too! The Wifi is the best of any hostel I've ever stayed in.

Nanjing Time Youth Hostel

Nanjing, China

Excellent hostel, affordable, comfortable and great value. The staff had excellent English and were very helpful. The communal areas are fantastic and the internet connection is excellent.

Green Kiwi Backpacker Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

The breakfast was fantastic and the staff were extremely friendly!

Travellers Palm

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Very friendly and homely. I will recommend to my friends. A wonderful base to explore KL, and great value for money. Location is also brilliant.