Age 66

Everton Hostel, Liverpool, England
15th Sep 2013

Was a little uncertain about staying here because of the low rating and reviews, but it turned out to be a VERY decent hostel to stay at. It offered a very warm homely welcoming feeling, and provides everything you need when staying somewhere (free wifi, free laundry, free use of computers...even a free breakfast!). I'd highly advise ignoring any bad reviews you read on here, as it seems they must've come from people who've never stay in a hostel before, or, who have 5-star hotel expectations.

The Venice Beach Hostel, Los Angeles, USA
20th Jan 2012

After intending to stay only 3 days, I stayed 15 nights! One of the best hostels I've stayed at in 13 years: a great area, better than touristic Santa Monica, with everything close-by; staff are awesome, so friendly, down-to-Earth, helpful, just real chill people; clean, facilitated kitchen (cleaned each day); homely, unlike standard soulless/expensive hostels, thus it doesn't need HUGE signs outside - a house number & street name is all you need if you're smart :P Thanks for a great 2 weeks! :)

HI-Vancouver Central, Vancouver, Canada
21st Nov 2011

I really can't fault this place at all - if I had to, it would be that they had no cooker in the kitchen so you're not able to cook your own food, but that aside, the staff were awesome, the place just caters for the people staying there so much, the location is brilliant, and the breakfast is something that you wouldn't get bored of while there - next time I'm in Vancouver, I'll be staying here again :)

Thanks for your great comments -- hope you come and see us again! Keith, Manager

16th Nov 2011

Everything about this place is what you want from a hostel. Sure, it's Japan so it's expensive, but that aside, this is one place that I would definitely recommend to anyone, as the location, the staff, and its facilities all make this one really great place to stay.

City Plus Hostel, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
12th Nov 2011

Finding a cheap place to stay in Hong Kong AWAY from the CHungKing Mansions is pretty tough, but this hostel really did provide a pleasant stay. The lady that runs it is very awesome and helpful; the location is great; and I was just annoyed that I only stayed there one night, because I'd have been happy to stay longer. If I ever return to HK again, this will be the first place I'll check for availability. :)

Glad that you were enjoy while your were staying with us and thank you for your nice comment. You are welcome to visit us at anytime. Even just pass by to say Hi. Hope to see you again.

9.0
5th Nov 2011

I loved this hostel. The staff, the area, the building itself just made it a really great place to stay. For those of you that like to drink, the bar is open til 1am, and they serve very cheap drinks...but the bar itself is usually just full of people on their laptops, so if you want to socialize, it might be best heading elsewhere for the nightlife. But overall, this place offered everything you could want. :)

Beijing Leo Courtyard, Beijing, China
30th Oct 2011

I actually loved everything about this hostel - the staff were all cute females, my single private room was huge, they have a video room, a bar & restaurant...and I was only there for one night and wished I stayed longer for the Halloween party where they offered free beer for an hour (I don't drink beer, but that's a nice gesture). I was able to store my luggage there after check-out, but one problem I did have was with wifi...but hey, that just went I had to enjoy what else the hostel offered

Mongolian Steppe Guesthouse, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
9.3
23rd Oct 2011

As all of the reviews say, it’s Eiggy’s skills to run this guesthouse that make it the place to stand alone from others. She also picked me up from the train station, organised a really, really awesome day tour, and, booked a cab for my very early return to the train station. I had a private room which was very spacious, and the shower and wifi were definitely some added bonuses for what I consider a really nice, safe, trustworthy, chilled, relaxed place to stay. :)

Green ManGO Hostel, Moscow, Russia
11th Oct 2011

Throughout my entire stay in Moscow, it was always nice to be at this hostel when not sightseeing - the people who own/run in are very nice, as well as the people who stay there, too. There's a lot of reviews on here stating that this place is hard to find, but really it's not - and the owners also emailed me directions after booking on Hostelworld. And with the centre only 2 stops away on the metro (or 45min walk), this place worked perfectly during my visit. :)

Hans Brinker Budget Hotel, Amsterdam, Netherlands
8.0
6th Jul 2011

The place is very good fun, with a great mix of people, and the bar is also good...however, the 3 things that aren't great about this hostel are 1) the ensuite bathrooms do smell bad; 2) the dorm rooms can be quite hot/stuffy; 3) there are bed-bugs here - I checked-out yesterday and have 11 major bites on me. Those 3 things aside, I really can't fault the place, so I just hope that they sort out the bed-bug problems for future guests.

Amsterdam Hostel Orfeo, Amsterdam, Netherlands
6.0
5th Jul 2011

The location is really good, but my own problems started during check-in. 1st, they add an extra 5% tax fee to what you're expecting to pay, which isn't good. 2nd, they only accept cash. 3rd, they charge a 10euro key deposit, which is far too much I think. 4th, I booked a 4-bed dorm on here, and they gave me a 6-bed dorm. After that, the room had no security lockers. I usually wouldn't complain but it's not cheap, so not good value for the money paid (cheaper would be more suitable).

hi troke, thank you for stay the conditions where send to you by email as soon as you had booked the bed online. so everthing was clear how much you have to pay. as for the deposit this is to make shure you give key back when you leave. we do not claim that we have lockers. the price was also clear on the website when you booked. we have also the best location in town. we hope you had a nice stay in amsterdam staff orfeo hostel

Mathias Hostel Budapest, Budapest, Hungary
6.7
10th Jul 2010

I had a private room, and it was a good size, and the only problems I had was with the shower-head in the bathroom. :S It's a long walk up the hill from the centre, but there are buses that you can catch near the hostel, and, the staff were very friendly and nice.

Travellers' Hostel Kinizsi, Budapest, Hungary
7.3
8th Jul 2010

Great location, and friendly staff, too. The building's a good size, and, my single room wasn't anything higher than average. The bar downstairs can be a little bit noisy into the night, but come on, it's a YOUTH hostel, so anyone who has a problem with this shouldn't be staying in hostels and reviewing them. One thing that I didn't like was the openiness of the showers, yet I'd already read about this in another review, but if you do like showering with the same gender, then come here! :)

Blue Hostel Krakow, Krakow, Poland
7.3
7th Jul 2010

It is an old building that is still underwork, but it's a great location to be in - just 5mins walk from the Main Square. My single room was fine, and nothing was wromg with it; the showers and toilets were always clean; they have wireless throughout the building; and although I didn't use them, I did see that they had good kitchen facilities.

Hotel Residence Tabor, Prague, Czech Republic
3rd Jul 2010

For the price, the room was ideal, and I can't find reason to fault it. It's about 15min walk from the centre of Prague, and the area it's in is good too.

Hostel Bell, Prague, Czech Republic
7.7
1st Jul 2010

The area this hostel is in is great if you want to be near the centre of Prague. :) I didn't find anything wrong with the hostel (and I was only there for one night too), so if it's location you're after, then I would suggest here.

Astor Museum Inn, London, England
19th Feb 2010

Honestly? This place TOTALLY impressed me! I'd read good reviews, and now I understand why: it's central, the staff are nice/friendly/helpful, it's clean, the place is very 'homely' where you feel you could just chill here for a long time (yeah, I wanted to stay longer than my one night). Bunk beds are good, and the shower/toilet facilites are good, too. One of the bests hostels I've stayed in, so, I have nothing but praise for this place. Hope to see it again soon. :)

Smart Russell Square Hostel, London, England
8.0
16th Feb 2010

I read some reviews before arrival, and my expectations were low (but it's a hostel so I don't understand why people moan so much about lack of luxuries). Yes, they charge you silly money for lockers, internet, key deposit; yes, the 3-storey bunks are high and close to lights; yes, the showers are down in the basement; and there's only 2 working hobs in the entire kitchen. But, if you're just looking for somewhere secure and clean to crash for a night or so, then this is fine for that.