Villas Jacquelina

Quepos, Costa Rica

Beautiful hostel! Very relaxing environment with great scenery, hammocks, very clean. About a 5-10 minute or $7 cab ride to Manuel Antonio national park, all the touristy restaurants,and a 15 car ride form the beach. We preferred staying a bit outside the tourist area: the food was much better and cheaper and it was so relaxing. The owner was incredibly friendly, welcoming and accommodating.

• 2nd Feb 2015

Overall, everything was pretty average. The high point was the group activities (such as dumpling night)- great opportunity to meet other travellers. The place had too much of a "party" vibe for me- with drunk travellers and staff stumbling in at all hours of the night. Unfortunately, the bedroom (6 bed) smelled strongly like a pet shop (courtesy of ? tatami mats - I never had this issue elsewhere) and I had to clean all my clothes to get rid of the stench. Wifi didn't work in room.

Great hostel. I stayed in a 4-bedroom females dorm and it was very clean and spacious. Good access to bathrooms and showers. Hostel is in a great location- 10 minute walk from a-bomb dome and museum.

Takamatsu Century Hotel

Kagawa Pref Takamatsu, Japan

I stayed in a 10 bed dorm and was the only one there. The carpets were very dirty in the hallway (stained black and green). The room seemed clean but had a pungent odour (I'm not sure if it was old food - I couldn't identify the source). I liked the little fridge and sitting area in the room, and the bathrooms were clean. Overall, this was the worst place I stayed in in Japan and all other places had a much higher standard for cleanliness. Would not recommend.

Rooms and bathrooms were very clean, staff was helpful. Great kitchen and communal area upstairs. Stayed in a 4-bed dorm. Small, simple, clean - had curtains covering beds. Would recommend.

Shaq Big House

Kanazawa, Japan

Great place to stay! Very clean, easily accessible from the train station (~15 minute walk- follow Shaq's directions, very easy to find). Wifi worked in the bedrooms. Shaq was very helpful and was happy to make last minute reservations for me. Highly recommended.

J-Hoppers Hida Takayama Guesthouse

Hida Takayama, Japan

Very friendly vibe, clean and welcoming. Staff eager to help with all planning, good kitchen facilities. The shower is only on the main floor, but this didn't pose much of a hassle. Would definitely recommend and stayed at a second j-hoppers after this positive experience.

Thank you for your encouraging comments. It is always our pleasure to provide the help our guests need. Please come back to stay again in the future if you have a chance!

Really enjoyed this hostel and the included breakfast every morning- great opportunity to meet other travellers. Stayed in a 4 bed dorm. The room was small but comfortable with curtains separating the bunk. Not the best location but close to the train station and easily accessible. Very friendly and helpful staff. Would recommend.

JUFA Salzburg City

Salzburg, Austria

- Great amenities: showers had great water pressure, 2 euro deposit lockers, breakfast included (best breakfast I've ever had at a hostel!). It was a little noisy at night, in part because they 8 person dorm rooms were connected, so you heard noise from both rooms. Loved that they played the Sound of Music every night. Good food, good location (maybe 10 minute walk from the center).