Vertigo Centre, Marseille, France
5.7
27th Jul 2013

Everything was fine about this hostel at first besides the fact that there was no air conditioning. A few hours after I left however, I started getting these marks that looked like mosquito bites on my arms and legs. This is when I realized that this hostel had bed bugs. Not saying the whole hostel has them, but just a warning to check before you sleep in a bed here!

Lisbon Destination Hostel, Lisbon, Portugal
20th Jul 2013

Best hostel we've stayed at yet during our backpacking trip through Europe! You can't beat the unlimited crepe pancakes for breakfast in the morning and the location inside the train station is so perfect! Also, you must do the buffet style Portuguese dinner if they offer it - excellent food, excellent people, excellent hostel. If the beaches in Lisbon weren't so amazing, I would've just hung out at the hostel with the staff the whole time!

6.6
14th Jul 2013

Having to walk 15 minutes to get to the nearest tube station wasn't ideal, but it was nice that the Victoria station was a major bus and train station.

Abigails Hostel, Dublin, Ireland