• USA, Female, 18-24
HI San Diego - Downtown, San Diego, USA
27th Mar 2013

I really liked the hostel, the staff were friendly and it is in a great location. The bed sucked, though. I was sleeping in a dip in the center of the mattress for two nights, so it was really uncomfortable. It's also loud at night, but I expected that.

Thank you for alerting us to the bed issue. It appears that the slats underneath it had been separated. It has since been fixed. In the future, please alert us to these things while you are with us and we will be happy to fix any issues for you. Thanks for the feedback and the great review. All the best. HI San Diego Downtown

Traveller's Haven, Bled, Slovenia
9th Aug 2011

A really good hostel, but the bathrooms need soap! The small ones had it, but the one on the second floor with two toilet stalls didn't. But the location is excellent, and everything was very clean. I really enjoyed my time there!

Cracow Hostel, Krakow, Poland
22nd Jul 2011

The location seriously couldn't be better! The view of St. Mary's Tower from the lounge was phenomenal, and it was the perfect spot for seeing Krakow. The staff at reception were all extremely helpful as well.

4.3
7th Jul 2011

I guess you get what you pay for. The bathroom was literally so disgusting that I paid for public toilets. It smelled in the apartment, there was nowhere to lock backpacks, and it felt very insecure. It was close to the train station and near Vieux Nice, but I would definitely never stay there again.

• USA,
Vertigo Vieux-Port, Marseille, France
9.3
3rd Jul 2011

I think this is the best hostel I have stayed at (though I haven't stayed at many). The staff is excellent, very friendly and professional. There is free internet access there, and it's very close to the Vieux Port. The staff at the front desk can also give you hints about where to go (Chateau d'If) and how to get there. The whole place was very clean, and there is a bathroom in every dorm room.