Location: Switzerland, Gender: Male, Age: 47

Lisetonga Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The hostel and staff were very welcoming. Owing to an early flight arrival, the hostel welcomed me an even invited me to breakfast although my check in was due only later in the afternoon. It is a steep walk, one that I did once otherwise it is a BRL10 taxi ride if not there is a moto taxi ride option for BRL2.50 ( helmet provided ). It is very close to a favela and provides an interesting view into the lives of ordinary people in that area. Not once did I feel unsafe - locals were friendly.

Mamas & Papas Hostel

Gdansk, Poland

If I could find the hostel at night, I am sure others will have no problem finding it as well. Just about 100m from the terminus stop of the airport bus No. 210. The local station GdaƄsk Orunia is less than 50m from that same bus stop. By train, it costs PLN9.55 per adult to Malbork, about an hour away. The host even gave printouts in EN and PL to assist in buying tickets onboard from the conductor as well as in common situations e.g. asking for directions, which I thought was very helpful. Top!

Euro Inn

Barcelona, Spain

Kogut czy Kura Hostel

City Sleep-In

Aarhus, Denmark

Hostel is located some 800m from the Central Railway station. There are bus options ( Bus No. 20 DKK 20 ) but I chose to walk ( 15 minutes max. ). I spent a night and chose the Eco Breakfast, which was OK ( convenient as it was raining ). The rain did not go away and the staff was helpful enough to call a taxi for me ( DKK 50 ) to the railway station. Even after checking out, I was allowed to use the internet terminals and leave my luggage in a separate room. I brought my own linen.

Hostel Happy Seven

Gdansk, Poland

Flexible staff ( prepared an ealy breakfast for me which I appreciate very much ). Not all bunk beds have ladders, best to ask the hostel in advance of your preferred buink bed.

The hostel ( a private home ) is located some 150m away from the last tram 1 or 2 stop. I stayed in the Tramp room, with a good view and balcony for 2 nights, both of which I slept in soundly. The host is a pleasant lady and was flexible enough to prepare an earlier breakfast to accomodate my rather busy schedule & print my boarding pass. The place is very clean and a credit to the host. I had issues with internet connectivity, the signal of which could not reach upstairs - small issue.

Camera Hostel

Warsaw, Poland

Easy to reach location. Flexible staff, can leave luggage even after checking out. Lots of power points around - great for notebook users. Wifi signal could not reach my room most unfortunately. Slept well and utilised the supermarkets around the corner for affordable meal options.