Location: Switzerland, Gender: Male, Age: 21

5footway.inn Project Boat Quay

Singapore, Singapore

Excellent new hostel in a premium location at Boat Quay. Friendly staff, nice terrace to meet new people and hang out. Clean rooms, good wlan and nice hot showers. Definitely would come again!

Bunk Backpackers

Brisbane, Australia

Excellent Location, but sometimes cockroaches in the toilet. Staff is friendly and the bar next to it is cheap where you also can meet people. Definitely a party hostel!

Thanks for the review! It's great to hear that the staff are making people smile! We have pest control specialists in weekly to make sure we're bug free, A quick word to the reception team has the occasional bug eliminated post haste! Love from the Punks and Spunks @ BUNK

Dreamtime Travellers Rest

Cairns, Australia

Awesome atmosphere! You meet many interesting people in the common area and the different events (including the bbq with the fireshow). Not a party hostel but the center of Cairns is accessible in about 10 minutes by foot. Also the staff has good tipps and is really helpful. Definitely would come again!

Ace Inn Shinjuku

Tokyo, Japan

Good and cheap hostel. Awesome for meeting people in the common area. Shinjuku is in walking distance, but a little bit far away. Coin operated showers are a little bit weird, but the facilities were clean. Would come again

Jimmyz Backpackers

Sapporo, Japan

I really enjoyed staying at Jimmyz! The beds were really clean and you meet many people in the common room. The staff gave me good tipps of places to go. The hostel is pretty close to the main outgoing area Susukino. So you can easily walk back.

Stayed there for 2 nights. It was a nice experience, but it's not the place to meet new people. It's mainly meant for people, who didn't catch the last train. Facilities were great, especially the in the price included Onsen. The staff wasn't really friendly - at least for Japanese Standards... But they helped me and were really fast. Inconvenient was that you're kinda living on 3 floors: Capsules, Lockers, Bath.All in all would do it again for the experience, but just a night.

Dyeing and Hostel Nakashimaya

Kumamoto Shi, Japan

Really lovely hostel in Kumamoto! Good rooms, showers and just a good atmosphere in there. The receptionist even helped me book my motorbike rental what I reall appreciated.

SPA Hostel Khaosan Beppu

Beppu Spa City Oita, Japan

I just stayed for one night in the single room. The facilities were great, especially the onsen directly inside the hostel!

Dyeing and Hostel Nakashimaya

Kumamoto Shi, Japan

Hiroshima Hana Hostel

Hiroshima, Japan

Very clean hostel and really good/hot showers with lots of space :) You can easily walk from the station and the staff is very friendly.

With a little bit fear I went to this hostel and was luckily surprised in a good way. Yes the showers are really small and you have to go outside to change the floors, but these were really the only downsides of the hostel. Friendly staff, clean and enough space to store your stuff. And they have a really cool rooftop (If just it haven't been hat cold...). You also meet many people in the common room.

A-yado Gion

Kyoto, Japan

Very good location close to Ginza and also to some good bars (Ask the staff). You don't have much space to put your bag, but for me it was ok.

Thank you for your comment. we think our location is the best in Kyoto. It is easy to anywhere. We hope we will see you again!!

UK OSAKA

Osaka, Japan

Very friendly staff and perfect location (10-15 min walk to Dotombori and Shinsaibashi). So if you go out you can just walk back. The shower and toilet is clean and quite spacious. The sink with cups and everything was quite a mess when I stayed there, but all in all it was a really nice hostel.

Ohsu Plaza Hostel

Nagoya, Japan

Khaosan Tokyo Ninja

Tokyo, Japan

Very good hostel with great staff! You can easily meet other travellers in the bar or in the room. The location is good, but could be a little bit better. Totally worth for the price!

• 14th Sep 2012