USA Hostels San Francisco

San Francisco, USA

This hostel was brilliant - it was a pleasure to stay here. It had everything you wanted

• 29th Sep 2013

We had a bit of an unfortunate time - we arrived when noone was there to check us in; a resident said the rooms were generally open and picked one for us (a little lack of security). They'd picked a room that recently had antifreeze sprinklers set off - so had sticky globules everywhere (it turned out we shouldn't have had that room). Despite this - the bathroom was pretty filthy, along with the kitchen and floor. The staff the next day were very apologetic though & gave a good discount.

• 27th Sep 2013

HI - San Diego - Downtown

San Diego, USA

Really great hostel. Very clean, lovely rooms for what you were paying & really chilled out atmosphere.

• 20th Sep 2013

Thank you very much for the totally sweet review! Come back and see us any time. All the best. HI San Diego Downtown

Adventurer Hostel

Los Angeles, USA

I didn't enjoy my stay here. Staff were too busy to care or be accommodating and really brushed you off, the room was really damp and the bathroom filthy dirty. I felt really unsafe - and a long way from the centre of LA. And "free continental breakfast" is a muffin in a bag (I wish they would just be honest and say "free muffin for breakfast!") Having said this. It was cheap.

• 20th Sep 2013

Big Apple Hostel

New York, USA

I feel this hotel ruined my stay - sure it has a great location, but the atmosphere is dire - no chance to meet or talk to people, no sitting room/activities, no breakfast and then no wifi in rooms (and a broken TV). The room was basic but fine. The aircon was like a gigantic arctic machine if switched on. Bathrooms were fine and it was right by Times Square. Next time, ill compromise on location to have a better stay - as it was a miserable place.

• 30th Aug 2013

USA Hostels Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

Majority of staff were incredible. One (slim, ginger/brown hair) was really sinical and critical of any of our actions & seemed to judge, hence the slightly decreased rating. So clean. Incredible atmosphere - the events really truely made the stay. Great trip thanks

• 16th Aug 2013