Adventura Hostel, Warsaw, Poland
9th Apr 2016

I liked the location, close to tram links and some very nice shops and cafes. The hostel was clean, warm and comfortable and had a big, well-equipped kitchen. Fairly quiet while I was there (good for sleeping, less good for socialising!)

City Circus Athens, Athens, Greece
8.0
4th Oct 2015

Nice location. The hostel itself is something of a work of art with beautiful decoration and furniture. Rooms, bathrooms and communal areas were always clean; even my bed was remade each day. The free breakfast was the usual mix of bread, jam, cereal, fruit etc. but good quality. One member of staff was spectacularly unhelpful - "No I don't know how to get to xx, why don't you Google it?" (!!). The others were nice enough but the whole place could have been more welcoming and friendly.

Dear Emily, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us. We are sorry for the encounter with one of our colleagues, it is a challenge to have good crew and "to separate the wheat from the chaff" takes time. However, since your visit we improved in this field as well and I believe that during your next stay, nothing such as will happen again. We wish you safe travels and who knows, maybe we'll see you here again :) Best, City Circus

Youth Hostel Plakias, Crete, Greece
27th Sep 2015

One of the nicest hostels I've ever been to by far. It's cleverly designed with a central outdoor communal area and outdoor kitchen, making it really easy to meet other travellers. The whole place is clean and well maintained. Everyone was friendly. The shops and restaurants of Plakias are nearby, as is the main beach (just a standard tourist beach) but there are other nicer beaches not too far away. No lockers or room keys but that kind of adds to the open, trusting feel of the place.

Heraklio Youth Hostel, Heraklion, Greece
4.9
26th Sep 2015

A very beautiful building with very little life inside! Seems like the staff make very little effort as far of the upkeep of this hostel is concerned. The facilities in the rooms were basic; the beds a bit shaky and no ladders to get to the top bunks; one of the toilets was missing a seat; everything a bit dirty; the kitchen consisted of a table and a kettle which had to be filled in the bathroom. Central but noisy location. For a one-night stay it was ok but for longer I would look elsewhere.

Hostel Majdas, Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina
18th Oct 2014

Really lovely, homely hostel. I wish I'd had more time so that I could have stayed longer.

Hostel Villa Angelina Old Town, Dubrovnik, Croatia
16th Oct 2014

My favourite thing was the terrace overlooking the old town. The staff are really friendly and the beds are comfy. I enjoyed my short stay!

Tchaikovsky Hostel, Split, Croatia
11th Oct 2014

Small, clean, friendly hostel. Very simple but it really had everything I needed for just a few days. The layout of the rooms is very comfortable and well thought out and the staff are super helpful and friendly. One drawback is that it's not very lively, but on the other hand the relatively small communal area meant that it was easy to find other people to hang out with. Thanks :)

Grampa's Hostel, Wroclaw, Poland
18th Apr 2014

Great, very friendly and very clean hostel. I enjoyed my 3-night stay a lot, even though it was Easter weekend and therefore a bit quiet. Only very small issue is that the hostel was kind of hard to find - take a map and don't rely purely on the directions (although I got there on my own in the end).

Hey Emily! Thank you for your review! Highly appreciated, and just wait until your "go along the river" direction will find itself on our website :) Best wishes

Hostel City Bed 2, Berlin, Germany
5th Jun 2013

Very clean, very comfortable and close to transport links. The staff are also very helpful. It was a bit on the quiet side (which in any case was perfect for me), but I still managed to meet people.

Jetpak Alternative, Berlin, Germany
22nd May 2013

Great hostel - I ended up extending my stay by a few days. I especially loved the location and as a lone traveller it was very easy to meet people.

EastSeven Berlin Hostel, Berlin, Germany
14th Dec 2011

Really lovely stay for three nights! Staff are very friendly, beds are the comfiest I've ever slept in in a hostel, bathrooms were the cleanest... This is the 3rd hostel I've stayed in in Berlin and definitely the best : )

• England,
Alibi M14 Hostel, Ljubljana, Slovenia
18th Jul 2011

Perfect location, close to the station and the central square. Staff were friendly, room was nice. Kitchen facilities were good... we only stayed one night but it was all fine!!

• Germany, Female, 18-24
Alibi B11, Piran, Slovenia
7.7
16th Jul 2011

Location is amazing! ! We loved Piran. There's just not much to do at the hostel... no communal space or whatever so not a great place to meet people.