Backpackers Lucerne, Lucerne, Switzerland
10th Aug 2013

Great little place next to the lake. Not much atmosphere in the evenings (most other places I've been have had a lively bar) but had just everything we needed, and was very comfortable. Very friendly staff.

8.0
5th Aug 2013

This could have been a great stay for us - a lively bar, great breakfast, clean rooms. But, it was not acceptable to be kept up until 2am because of the noise from the bar. The music was so loud that I might as well have been bunking down under the speakers themselves. After midnight I asked for the music to be turned down and they gave me a pair of earplugs, which worked well enough but didn't get rid of the pumping bass beat that I could feel from my bed. Not a place to stay if you want sleep.

Snuffel Backpacker Hostel, Bruges, Belgium
8.0
4th Aug 2013

Good breakfast, lively bar with lots of games, short walk to centre, helpful staff.

Hostel Uppelink Ghent, Gent, Belgium
3rd Aug 2013

I was amazed by this place - having expected a small hostel on a side street, we arrived at the Uppelink which looks over the river, right next to Ghent's most beautiful bridge, which I could see from my bunk bed. Great breakfast, cleanliness, staff, everything.