Reviews: Tomasz_Koprowski

Location: Poland, Gender: Male, Age: 33

Gion Ryokan Q-beh

Kyoto, Japan

In short: a cross between a hostel and a capsule-hotel -- a perfect mix in a wonderful location. The common areas are very nice, especially the one on the top floor., showers are clean albeit scarce. Staff are nice and helpful. The capsule-style dorms are brilliant and provide this little bit more of privacy you don't get in a normal dorms. I can highly recommend Q-beh.

Thank you very much for your comment:) Our staff also loves the common room on the 3rd floor, view of the garden and sunset time there is just great:) Arigatou! and hope to see you again soon enough!

Guesthouse Namaste

Kanazawa, Japan

Namaste may have a little more rules than an average hostel, but I wouldn't hold it against it. After all, this is a guesthouse rather than a hostel. The host, Makoto-san, is a very nice and open person. The guesthouse is located just a short walk from the station, albeit a bit away from the city center (still within walking distance). The facilities are clean, although the showers could use a bit of an overhaul. All in all, I recommend staying at Namaste.

Khaosan Tokyo Kabuki

Tokyo, Japan

This was my second trip to Japan, the second time I chose to stay in Kabuki, and I wasn't in any way disappointed. This hostel is located very close to a metro station, the facilities are well maintained and very clean, the staff are super-nice, friendly and helpful and the common area is conducive to meeting fellow travelers. In short, Kabuki delivers all I expect from a hostel and I'm certain the next time I visit Tokyo I will stay there too!

DEN's INN

Mount Fuji, Japan

The location may seem a bit remote, but is in fact EXCELLENT if you're in Kawaguchiko for the views of Mt. Fuji. Lawson's and 7-eleven are just a block away. The rental bikes are a very, very nice bonus. Overall, if I'm ever in Kawaguchiko again, I will definitely stay in DEN's INN.

YMCA Hostel

Auckland, New Zealand

The main advantage of this hostel is its central location. Disadvantages are its enormous size and inadequate kitchen/dining facilities. It's fine if all you're after is a cheap bed, not so much if you want to meet fellow travelers. It has no character whatsoever, but that was to be expected.

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. Happy you find our Location to be good. In regards the kitchen, we do have a project to renovate and the near future. In terms of fellow traveler just tonight we have about 38 different nationalities staying with us, we do have a more family environment as we are not a party Hostel, I'm sorry if we have not fulfilled your expectations. Kind regards, Andre Vidoto Centre Manager

YHA Rotorua

Rotorua, New Zealand

Like most hostels run by the YHA its size is on the "big" end of scale, the long, dark corridors make it feel somewhat dehumanized. On the plus side it has adequate facilities and nice, professional staff. Oh, the smell or Rotorua in the morning...

Ducks and Drakes

New Plymouth, New Zealand

Ducks and Drakes has nice common areas, kitchen and dinning room. The girl at the reception was at first baffled by our request to arrange a late check-in, but in the end it all went smoothly, so no gripes here. The room we got was a bit cramped even for backpacker standards but adequate for a one night stay. One remark for the owners: please add a few coat hooks here and there. It costs next to nothing but makes you guests' life so much easier. In short: not bad, but not extraordinary either.

Thank you for sharing your impressions of your stay at Ducks & Drakes - I have checked our records and see you stayed in one of 3 bed share rooms - there are 4 coat-hooks on the back of the door - I am sorry you didn't spot them during your stay. I am pleased to hear that you liked our common areas, kitchen and dining room - the dining room with its long table is a popular spot for our guests to not only eat but to get to know each other.. Thank you for staying - Enjoy the rest of your travels

YHA Nelson Central

Nelson, New Zealand

If you're not intimidated by the size of this hostel you may find it's actually a nice place. It might not by cozy, but it has all the facilities you need and is really clean. Not a home away from home, but definitely a good choice for a no-thrills one-night stay.

Noah's Ark Backpackers

Greymouth, New Zealand

Noah's Ark is a nice, well located hostel. While we were there it was almost empty which gave an eerie atmosphere to this place. But it has a whimsical, clearly defined theme, friendly staff and enough common spaces so I'm sure it must be a great place to hang out when there's more folk around. I put "average" in the "Facilities" score for one reason: guys, please, re-think the bathroom facilities! You have an adequate number of toilets and showers, but you're too short on washbasins...

YHA Wanaka Purple Cow

Wanaka, New Zealand

Purple cow seems huge at first but we got one of the cottage rooms at the back. A well equipped kitchen, a (smallish) bathroom and a dinning area shared between just two rooms - excellent! Staff was friendly and helpful, too. Overall a very nice place to stay.

5footway.inn Project Bugis

Singapore, Singapore

Overall, we had a great stay at Project Bugis. Good location, good atmosphere, great staff. Facilities are good if you don't mind bare concrete floors and no window in the room (I wouldn't hold it against this hostel, as it is a de facto standard over there). One thing I would suggest is to move the AC unit to a different place in the room so that it doesn't blow directly onto a bed.

Minsyuku Ikedaya

Hiroshima, Japan

This isn't really a hostel, more of an affordable-hotel type of place. The upside is you get towels and basic hygiene accessories, the downside - you don't get to mingle with other guests. Good location, just outside peace memorial park. There is no 'fun' factor to this hotel, it's just a place to take a shower and spend a night or two. Overall it's OK. There is nothing that would make me either recommend it, or discourage anyone from visiting. A bit steep price-wise for a backpacker.

SPA Hostel Khaosan Beppu