The Mango Tree

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The hostel is located one block from the beach. Excellent location. The staff are not very helpful and not very friendly either. The private rooms are very nice. I stayed one night at the 8 bed dorm. The dorm is nice and has plugs and night lights for each bed however there is not much space.

CityLights Hostel

Sao Paulo, Brazil

Beautiful hostel, rooms are spacious. Only one shower on the second floor where the dorms are but I never had to wait too long. The staff is extremely nice and helpful. Felipe was the best, he makes the best caipirinhas. He invited us to a local party and we all went with him and had a great time. Overall I totally would stay there again if I am ever in Sao Paolo.

The Forest Hostel

Jeju Island, South Korea

Private rooms a spacious. The atmosphere was quite dead when I was there. The common area is nice and big but was dead. Location is good located next to the Korean BBQ street

Good hostel. Private room are very small. Very clean. Nice rooftop terrace and nice common area. Easy to meet people at the bar next to the reception.

Hostel 64 Osaka

Osaka, Japan

Stayed at the dorm room. The dorm is big and spacious. You have your own little cubicle. The bad thing was that the toilet and showers are on another floor and it gets really annoying everytime you need to use the toilet. The atmosphere when I was there was dead and the hostel is located far from everything. Far from where the action is!

The Hideout Hostel Saigon

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

The hideout is great!! The rooms are nice and big. The private rooms seem more like a hotel then a hostel and the toilet is brand new and spacious. The dorms are also very big and have a very good toilet. The best part of the hostel is that they give you 2 FREE beers from 6-7pm which is great. I found myself looking forward all day for the social beers. The owners Tom and Tao and awesome. We went partying with them. I would absolutely come back there!!

The location is great and the partying is great too. Made lots of friends. The rooms are a bit small but it doesn't matter because you spend most of the time either downstairs at the bar or on the chillout are (that has a balcony) on the 5th floor. I definitely recommend it and would come back!

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

Good hostel, not a great atmosphere. The AC only runs after 6PM which is really inconvenient. The beds are divided by a curtain and lockers are big enough for a backpack.

Ringside

Koh Phangan, Thailand

We stayed there for 2 nights and it was awesome. The atmosphere is ridiculously great...get ready to party. Only one shower to share for 2 dorm rooms but I never seemed to wait for it for long. Overall it was an awesome experience. I recommend it.

Wake Up! Sydney Central

Sydney, Australia

The hostel is REALLY great. The atmosphere is incredible, especially for a large hostel, it's still a great place to make friends. They have a cool bar downstairs which is popular in Sydney. They organize free city tours and beach walks. It's very clean and secure. Staff is really nice as well. The only problem were the rooms. Unfortunatly, the PRIVATE rooms are tiny. I never complain about the rooms because I don't expect a 5 star hotel out of a hostel, but they're really small and uncomfortabl

Hi Mate, Thanks for taking the time to leave us review, Its always much appreciated! Good to know you managed to join in with the daily activities, it always ensures you get to mix with all the other guest's at Wake Up! from all around the world. We look forward to your next stay with us, and safe travels! Wake Up! Management

Backpackers by the Bay

Airlie Beach, Australia

Nice hostel with nice staff. The reviews don't lie. Unfortunately it's far from the Main Street and away from the nightlife. If that is what you want, then it's the perfect hostel for you. For us it was a bit too relaxed.

Taupo Urban Retreat

Taupo, New Zealand

We really loved this hostel. Great common room, good to meet people. Good kitchen. Wonderful staff and very clean. What more do you want? Stay here! :)

Crash Palace

Rotorua, New Zealand

We loved the hostel!!!! Full of nice touches like free condiments in their many kitchens that you could use to cook... Also they have a pool table and a free jacuzzi. Really easy to meet other travelers in the common room. It's only a 2 min walk from the spa as well as the main streets of town. They also organize activities for you. Some are even free like the pub crawl. We had a great time! P.s. If you stay in urban retreat in Taupo you can get a discount upon booking, and vice versa.

great stuff we love reviews like this you have taken full advantage of what we offer at the hostel and made the most of your time with us! have a merry xmas and a happy new year !! safe travels

Port Campbell Hostel

Port Campbell, Australia

Great little hostel, surprisingly clean. Very good value for money compared to other ocean road accommodations. They even have a BBQ for you to use. The atmosphere is okay, the town itself shuts down at 9 pm, so it's not the hostel's fault.

City Center Hostel

Kiev, Ukraine

The location is perfect. You can see the whole independence square from the balcony. The showers are very small and do not work very well. There is a very small common area wich is also the reception. The hostel was pretty empty when I stayed there so I cannot comment about the atmosphere.

The Meininger was a mixture of a hostel and a hotel which made the rooms very spacious and clean. The beds are very comfortable and the showers are good. The only problem is that there is a lack of atmosphere in the common area and it is not very easy to meet people. However, at night people hang out at the bar and there is a good atmosphere.

You're right, we try to combine the best of a hotel and a hostel. That's why we created spaces for example for backpackers such as the guest kitchen, the bar or the pool and soccer room - which of course can also be used by non-backpackers ;) We are always open for suggestions which could make our place more comfortable for backies! See you at MEININGER, Alex

The Walrus Hostel

The hostel has a good location and close to the tube. The rooms are extremely small and you can barely find space to put your stuff. The atmosphere was not great when I was there but that can depend of the time of the year.

Langstars