The Garden Backpacker

Seville, Spain

SunnyLakeHostel

Ohrid, Macedonia

This is one of the best hostels I've been at! I fell in love with Djoko (the owner), who is there 24-7. He got us a place when we arrived in the middle of the night and is very kind, very helpfull, always friendly. The garden is amazing, great to hang out all day, so is the balcony. Kitchen is perfect, location excellent, clean, proper rooms, facilities are great. We went out every night with people from the hostel. Thanks to the SunnyLake I had a superb time in Ohrid!

Villa Banana

Dubrovnik, Croatia

I expected some appartments, but this is really a hostel. There's a huge outside kitchen (with barely any kitchen gear in it tho) and a chill area with a good view of Dubrovnik. The pickup is very nice, since the hostel is quite a climb. About 25 min. walking into the old centre. The staff seemed to be very hasty, they didn't give me a very warm feeling. I wouldn't really recommend it, but since everything else in Dubrovnik is very very expensive and quicky booked, it's okay.

Hostel Miran

Mostar, Bosnia And Herzegovina

MIRAN IS THE BEST! A very direct guy, always joking, always busy, always sweet. The hostel is nice with a very good garden. No real partying in Mostar but you don't really need it in this hostel. Go on Miran's tour and you'll have an amazing day. I 100% recommend this hostel!

Balkan Han Hostel

Sarajevo, Bosnia And Herzegovina

I really liked this hostel! Unkas is an amazing guy. I bit messy with the administration, but always up for a drink and a good story! Very helpfull as well. The garden is great, the bar even better. Proper rooms, comfy beds, clean bathrooms, good location. Only thing I missed in Sarajevo was some good partying/dancing, but that's apart from the hostel. I really recommend this chilled-out hostel!

Green Studio Hostel

Belgrade, Serbia

I had an amazing time in Belgrade, also in the hostel. ButI got to say some things were disappointing: the bathroom was not very proper with the toilet and shower more or less hanging together, the pubcrawl was not as exciting as it could be (they take you to 1 party on a boat, that's it, plus they took us to the same boat 3 nights in a row), the bbq was just a take-away bbq.. But I had a good laugh with the staff, playing beerpong, sitting in the backgarden. You gotta make it a party yourself!

Rivoli Cinema Hostel

Porto, Portugal

Best hostel I have ever been at. Loved the staff, loved the hostel itself, the breakfast, the location, the everynight-activities, the cleanliness, the living room, kitchen, how much more do I need to say?

Peaches Hostel

Bucharest, Romania

Loved the owners, loved the garden! Very laidback, good atmosphere, only downside is the bit of a walk to the city centre which you don't want to do on your own late at night probably.

Thank you for the kind words. Generally speaking, Bucharest is a very safe city and the half hour walk to the hostel from the center is almost entirely on one well-lit thoroughfare.

Carpe Noctem Vitae

Budapest, Hungary

Absolutely loved it! Everybody ends up staying longer then they intended to (me included). Great staff, great pubcrawls and parties; great hostel! Definately recommend it to everybody :)

Hostal de l'Alguer

Alghero, Italy

Far away from the city Alghero, the breakfast was not nice, especially the people serving breakfast were very unfriendly. Rooms are stuffed with beds, shared bathrooms.

Hostel Marina

Cagliari, Italy

We really loved the enthusiastic staff, always in for some help or advise. Also, we loved the dj and the barstaff, they were amazing! Nice spacious rooms, quiet after 00:00.