Backpackers Holiday Village

Byron Bay, Australia

Lemon Spirit Hostel

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The hostel is in a great location one block away from Leblon beach. The bathrooms and common areas were clean. Everyone in the hostel was friendly. The staff was hit or miss. Some people were helpful and others not so much.

The Yellow

Rome, Italy

Frendz Resort Boracay

Boracay Island, Philippines

I had an amazing time at Frendz. The staff was super friendly and it is the best place to meet people on the island. The breakfast was really good and cheap and I enjoyed having happy hour with live music.

I stayed at Eight Elephants for two nights and I had a great time. All of the staff are friendly and will give you suggestions on things to do and how to get there. There were three or four shower rooms so I never had to wait and it is a small hostel so it has a homey feel. There is a kitchen you can use but it is probably easier to go out and find food. Everyone is very friendly and hangs out in the common area in the basement. I would definitely stay again if I return to Taiwan.

Ashanti Lodge Green Point

Cape Town, South Africa

Red Cube Hostel

Koh Phangan, Thailand

This is a nice hostel with individual rooms so it is more like a hotel than a hostel. The room and bathroom were clean but they only give you a small blanket that covers half of your body. There is a common room downstairs with a bar area but it isn't very lively. We rarely saw anyone else on the way to our room. It is also a little far from Haad Rin for the party scene. It only costs 100 baht in a taxi but it takes about 25 minutes. There are a few bars and restaurants near the hostel.