Backpackers HQ

Sydney, Australia

This is my second time staying here on a stopover in Sydney. Again staff are very helpful. I was placed in room #3 which is a 4-bed dorm with ensuite bathroom. Convenient having the bathroom but there is no handsoap supplied like there is in the common bathroom. Also the beds are made of a cheap metal and squeak profusely if the either the top or the bottom occupant move on the bed. Nice to have a fridge the room. Breakfast supplied includes toast as well as cereal with milk, a nice touch.

Travellers Oasis

Cairns, Australia

I stayed at 2 hostels in Cairns and this one is definitely my favourite over the two. Very pleasant staff and the place is very clean. Hand soap provided in the bathrooms, bath towel provided, and best of all, free Wi-Fi (that also works very well). Digital safe provided free of charge under the bed. 2 kitchens available for use with pots/pans, dishes and cutlery and Coles the grocery store is about a 5 minute walk away. A/C is $1 for 3 hours but at this time of the year we didn't need it.

Dreamtime Travellers Rest

Cairns, Australia

No towels included and hand soap is not present at all sinks. Wi-Fi is not included either, and the rate starts at something like $2 for 0.5 hour (??) if you want it. I was placed in a room on the main floor just beside the kitchen. Shower room is a little icky because people wear their shoes up until at least the shower stall and the floor gets dirty. $5 transfer from the airport is nice. Would probably not stay here again, would choose Travellers Oasis instead bc of the free WiFi

Hi Brian, Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. Wifi costs $1.00 per hour with the 5 hour card. We now give free Wifi with tours booked here. The 5.00 transfer is a great price only for our guests. Safe and happy travels. The Dreamteam.

Backpackers HQ

Sydney, Australia

Located in a convenient area of Kings Cross, 2 minutes walk from the Kings Cross station and 10-15 minute walk to Town Square. Kings Cross Hotel is located nearby with some cheap eats ($12 steak meal). Hostel is fairly nice although rooms could have a better distribution of power outlets (instead of one power tap for everyone). Shower and washroom sink area has no counter space to put your stuff. Wi-Fi included but gets jammed in the early evening. Breakfast is also included but didn't try.

Grannys Hostel

Kuta, Indonesia

Reserved this hostel online but as soon as i arrived I took one look at the place and cancelled my reservation. First, even in the room with A/C the doors/windows are open and they know this so there are mosquito nets on the beds. 2nd, there are mosquitoes/bugs inside what is supposed to be an A/C room. The adjacent bathroom reeked like hell and when I flushed the toilet some water would seep out from under the bottom. Staff said it would be fixed 'tomorrow' but it looks like an old problem

In Bali there are a lot of mosquitos, that's why we have nets over the beds and this is normal everywhere in Bali. That the windows are open at daytime, thats because its good to get fresh are into the rooms and usally its the guests that opens them!! And do we have a leaking or something like that, we always fix the thing that breaks, so its sad to read that you did not belive that!!

PODs the Backpackers Home

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Stayed here on a stopover in KL. The location relative to KL Sentral is excellent - about a 5 minute walk from the LCCT to KL Sentral bus dropoff point. The layout of the hostel is a giant floor with certain sections with wall partitions (for private rooms) and a large open area for the dorms. As with most hostels, towels, soap and shampoo are not provided. Bathrooms reasonably clean. Wi-Fi works well in the common area only, not in the sleeping area. Would stay here for a brief stopover.

The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

My new favourite hostel in KL. I've stayed at three hostels in this city so far and this is by far my favourite. Why? Because it's clean, conveniently located (near Central Market) and they supply you with a towel as well as as provide complementary body soap and shampoo. I hate going to hostels that don't provide soap at the sink because you know people won't bother to wash their hands properly if no soap is provided. Wi-Fi could use some improvement - currently only provided on the 1st FL

Eighty8 Phnom Penh

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Met some nice people here and had a great time touring Phnom Penh. The hostel is a little far from the night market area which is close to most of the tourist restaurants, but a $2 tuk tuk ride does the trick. Also it's in a shady area that you wouldn't want to walk at night unless you're in a big group. The pool is nice but no one uses it. Wi-Fi is spotty unless you're in the reception or bar area, or you are lucky to have a room close by. Bathrooms (1 per room) are not the cleanest

Thanks for the feedback

Vietnam Inn Saigon

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

I had a great time at Vietnam Inn Saigon. As a single traveler I found several nice people to hang around with during my stay in Ho Chi Minh. It's located in a very central location, 5-7 minute walk away from Ben Thanh square. Easy access from the airport, just take Bus 152 outside Burger King at the airport for 5000 dong and it will take you straight to Ben Thanh square. Staff at Vietnam Inn Saigon were very helpful and tours booked through the hotel were reasonably priced and convenient..

Beary Nice! by a beary good hostel

Singapore, Singapore

This hostel has absolutely no atmosphere. The common area is too small to socialize in and no place for single travelers to mingle. The staff were less than helpful - nobody was at reception to let me in when I arrived, so I rang the bell and got no answer. I then called the 'sister' hostel, and the receptionist came out shortly after and accused me of not having rung the doorbell (which I heard). Seems like staff watch TV all day. Bathrooms not clean, only 1 toilet for men. Don't stay here!

BackHome Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

A modern, chic hostel located about 3 minutes away from Masid Jamek LRT station and about 10 minutes walk to Chinatown. Staff were very nice, and other guests were open and friendly. Large common area for socializing. Simple breakfast included. Laundry is a tad expensive, wouldn't recommend that you do it here. Wi-Fi access is good. The area around the hostel is a little dodgy at night (but that's like many places in KL), but if I were to stay in KL again I would definitely recommend here.

BackHome Kuala Lumpur

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

In a dirty city like KL, BackHome was a place I could find comfort, cleanliness and sociable people to talk to. Within 3 minutes walk to Masid Jamek LRT station, which is only two stops away from KL Sentral. Fast food and 7-Eleven are nearby, and Chinatown/Petaling Rd. are a very short walk away. Staff were very nice, rooms were kept clean, light breakfast and free filter were provided. Internet WiFi worked well. I will be staying here again :)

Kimchee Sinchon Guesthouse

Seoul, South Korea

Stayed here for one night during a stopover in Seoul. The check-in counter is on the 5th floor, which can only be reached by stairs. Location is close to the subway and Myeong-dong..There is only one washroom with a shower, and the other is toilet/sink only. My bed wasn't made, instead I was given a pile of bedsheets + towel to do it myself. The sheets were too short to cover the bed. The comforter isn't washed after each stay. Fridge space provided. Good WiFi. Good price for location.

STAR Hostel (Taipei)

Taipei, Taiwan

Excellent hostel with modern chic look, free simple breakfast, good WiFi and friendly staff. Good location close to Taipei Main Station and within 5 min walk to subway. Lots of good eats around. They provide umbrellas when it's raining. Huge lockers in the room. Complimentary shampoo and soap are available. Kitchen facilities are available, and you clean after yourself. Clean bathrooms. Would definitely stay here again, I've stayed in many hostels and this one is definitely a winner.

Thong Ta Resort And Spa

Bangkok, Thailand

Airport pickup and dropoff included. Staff was very efficient at check-in and the place was clean. The person who called me for my wake-up call was pretty rude, and called me 5 times even though I said I would make the 4am bus to the airport. They called me at 3:30am (as requested), then again at 3:50am, and finally at 3:57am. All 3 times the guy hung up on me after I told him I was coming. There's a 7-Eleven and a bar nearby. At night these are the only choices plus some food stalls.

Smile Society

Bangkok, Thailand

Run by a husband and wife team, very genuine people. Very, very clean. Body wash and shampoo included. Strong A/C.

WE Bangkok

Bangkok, Thailand

Excellent staff made me feel very welcome. Good proximity to BTS Skytrain. Walkable to Pat Pong night market, and 7-Eleven convenience is nearby. Rooms were clean, 4 persons to each room May you are the best!! :)