Community Hostel, Quito, Ecuador
2nd Jan 2016

Community Hostel is an amazing hostel. All the staff and guests are so inviting and friendly; you feel at home instantly. The beds are really comfortable, there are activities and communal dinners offered every day (everybody raves about the food) and the facilities are all spotlessly clean. I ended up extending my stay and rebooking when I returned to Quito. One of the best hostels I have ever stayed at.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
ChiChi Babylone Backpacker, Montanita, Ecuador
23rd Dec 2015

This has to be the best hostal I have stayed in! At first it doesn't look like anything special, however our first impression could not be more away from the truth. This hostel has the best party atmosphere! and, as it has a lovely terrace everyone feels like family. It may not be the most spotless hostel however it is clean (get the 4bd with a/c. me and my friends planned only to stay two nights but ended up staying the week!' I highly recommend it!!

Smart Hyde Park Inn Hostel, London, England
24th Jun 2013

Location is perfect for the price. By hostel standards the staff are a little cold and impersonal. Beds were quite comfortable and the common/dining room area was great but I had to literally walk through a shower/toilet area to get to my room which isn't very hygenic. You have to ask reception for cutlery which is ridiculous but for £8 a night it was a bargain.

Welcome Home, Rome, Italy
30th May 2013

Good location in regards to public transport and the Vatican. Check-in procedure not clear - we were left waiting out the front with our bags waiting for staff to turn up for about 30 minutes. Staff friendly and helpful but it wasn't explained to us that we couldn't use the kitchen. Water pressure/heat poor.

Aparthotel Davids, Prague, Czech Republic
28th May 2013

It was a nice little B and B, clean and close to the station. Great breakfast. The only real negative for me was it was more hotel type accommodation rather than hostel; so if you are looking to meet fellow travelers and pub crawl, go elsewhere. Would suit older people/couples.

• Australia, Mixed Group, 25-30
MacDonald Hotel, London, England
8.0
18th May 2013

Clean and close to transport links but lacked atmosphere. Staff enter your room when they think you're not there which we weren't too fond of for security reasons. Very good location. Breakfast finished too early.

Travel Joy Hostels Wimbledon, London, England
17th Apr 2013

Very clean, friendly staff, safe and secure. Nice warm showers and a really strong wifi connection. I love the free soft drink, lollies and the omelettes for breakfast!

Boomerang Hostel, Antwerp, Belgium
11th Nov 2012

This hostel had a very nice ambience. The lounge area has a lot of character & the staff were warm, friendly and work so hard. Rooms were great value for money & the little curtained area with shelves was a nice touch. Rooms could use some more power sockets. Staff sit & interact with the tenants so the hostel has a nice atmosphere. Security is pretty terrible though. I've never stayed in a hostel before where there are no locks & keys for the bedroom doors. The luggage room isn't secure either.

Youth Hostel Van Gogh (Chab), Brussels, Belgium
7th Nov 2012

This hostel was 'good' overall. I liked the bar area and the room with the billiards table. The breakfast was generous and the rooms were nice and roomy. However, the staff took too many cigarette breaks and the reception was often left unattended. I was moved on my last night which I wasn't very happy about. When I changed rooms the old linen was still on the bed and I had to remove it myself. So basically my bed was not cleaned and I find this unacceptable. The security room is a joke.