Reviews: doyouwannadance

Location: Canada, Gender: Female, Age: 22

Samsen Skyline Hostel

Bangkok, Thailand

I stayed in both a single room and a mixed dorm. The bed in the single room was pretty uncomfortable and there was a cockroach (but only one). The bed in the dorm was a bit better. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Bathrooms were always pretty gross but that's what you get with the whole open shower system in Thailand. Good location if you want to party on khao san road, it's close but not so close that you'll be up all night.

Santorini Breeze Studios

Santorini, Greece

Lovely staff with good suggestions on how to spend your time in Perissa. Clean rooms and bathrooms, the mini kitchen could have been more well stocked though (a kettle or even a pot for boiling water would have been nice). Pool was a bit dirty.

Heraklio Youth Hostel

Heraklion, Greece

Meh. Wasn't as bad as the reviews had me worried it would be, but it's definitely just a cheap place to crash for a night. Room was clean, bathroom wasn't.

Youth Hostel Plakias

Crete, Greece

I can definitely see why everyone spends longer than they plan on here. If I hadn't been on a tight schedule during my time here I would have done the same! The hostel is in a beautiful location, it's well kept and has a great social atmosphere. If you're into hiking this is definitely the place to be, the owner has a lot of great advice. He also runs a fantastic restaurant up on the hill and took a group of us up there one night for a discounted meal.

Youth Hostel Oia

Santorini, Greece

Nice open courtyard in the middle of the hostel, lends itself to a social atmosphere. The rooms are reeeeeally hot with no air con and the staff were alright but not very friendly. Gorgeous location in Oia but if you want to experience nightlife I'd say stay in Fira and make Oia a day trip - it's €1.60 each way on the bus during the day, but if you stay out late it's an €18 cab ride.

Jimmy's Hostel

Paros, Greece

Loveliest staff in the whole world. I loved my stay at Jimmy's and was so happy to have picked this hostel. My friends and I were treated like family. Marco is just the best guy, always giving us advice and sitting down to chat with us. The kitchen could have been cleaner but I fault the other guests for this more than the staff - wash your dishes guys, honestly.

Athenstyle

Athens, Greece

Our key cards never worked and we always had to go downstairs to have the receptionists let us into the room (they were always really friendly and helpful though and they did work on fixing the door, although we never had it work while we were there). Wifi was spotty and the breakfast was probably the saddest hostel breakfast I've ever seen. Good location though, and the rooms were clean.

Fantastic hostel! They do the greatest free walking tour around the town and caves, and organize and really fun hike around Sierra Nevada and the waterfalls for €15. The atmosphere here is so relaxed and really lends to a social time that includes guests and staff alike. Had the best time here, would definitely recommend. Good breakfast for €3 too!

Really fun staff, clean rooms (although my linen hadn't been changed before I checked in, I let them know and they fixed it right away - simple mistake and it was handled well). Breakfast was a little sad though, warm milk for the cereal and cold coffee. But lots of good advice at reception!

Nice staff (although they're not usually at reception, you can ring them to come down) and a good location, but my door didn't lock. Breakfast was very average, just one type of bread and coffee or tea. Rooms were clean and comfortable though, so can't complain too much!

Hostel Freedom Marrakech

Marrakech, Morocco

You get what you pay for at this place. It's a good price but the rooms don't lock and when I asked to store my luggage I came back to it sitting outside a locker. Good breakfast and a nice terrace though.

The Hideout Hostel

Dingle, Ireland

Lovely little hostel run by a great people! Michael gave me some helpful recommendations on things to do while in Dingle and even gave me a ride out to a great hiking spot. Very homey, clean, and quiet place.

Kick Ass Hostels

Edinburgh, Scotland

Probably the best hostel I've ever stayed in! Fantastic staff, fun free walking tours and pub crawls, and a great bar. It's really nice that some of the rooms have seating areas and they all have separate lockers and outlets for each bed. Brand new, clean, and most importantly, super fun. Thanks to the whole staff team for helping make my stay so great!

Budget Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Such a great hostel. The free walking tours and pub crawls are a blast and the staff are all amazing. I stayed in the 30 bed dorm and was surprised that it actually had two levels, so it was like being in a 20 bed. Can't complain about a thing, had a wonderful time here!

Not a bad place. Friendly staff, decent food at decent prices. Comfortable beds, bathrooms aren't kept in the best state though. Can't beat the location.

Hello Good to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our rooms get cleaned daily but we do rely on the guests to keep them clean and tidy during their stay. We do hope to see you again soon! Regards Ash

Travel Joy Hostels Chelsea

I only stayed one night but it was a good one. The staff are really friendly and helpful and will greet you with a free soft drink and show you to your room. The breakfast was great! Curtains around the beds offer some privacy which was nice. The bed was a bit lumpy and the room could have used some more outlets but I'd still definitely recommend this place.

Thank you for this nice feedback! Hope next time you’ll stay longer! See you soon!

Hostel Buffalo Niagara

Buffalo, USA

I understand that budget accommodation is budget for a reason but this hostel was just awful. Our key card stopped working so we got locked out of our room outside of office hours, no money, ID, or even shoes, and there was not a single contact number for any of the staff in the entire place (other than the office phone which was completely pointless because no one was there). It was four hours before a staff member showed up. As a side note, most of the dishes in the kitchen were filthy.

Fireside Lodge

Whistler, Canada

A friend and I stayed in a dorm and it was all in all a pretty good experience. If you value your privacy you should know that the dorms don't have doors, just curtains (didn't bother us much except for when another guest poked her head into our room while we were inside and said to her friend "these are the cheap rooms"). Seems like the regular guests who book privates are a bit snobby. Staff were very helpful and it's is a short bus ride or a nice, scenic walk from the village. Very clean.