Hostel Slotania

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Staff have us no information upon arrival at all, just the room number and key. We ordered a double private but it was two singles pushed together so they would alway separate which was very annoying. The mattress had little bumps with no mattress protector. It was nice but could have been nicer as this was supposed to be a treat for my partner and I.

Amsterdam Hostel Janson

Amsterdam, Netherlands

It's good for a hostel! Breakfast is very plain but better than nothing. The bathrooms are one of the worst I've come across. One door wouldn't lock, the light didn't work in one and the other way tiny. None had a spot to out your clothes or toiletries. Would really stop me from going back. Wifi was good. There's a cat that eats nice which is filthy. Alright location as Amsterdam is pretty easy to get around by foot. No information on welcome though! Would have helped lots !!

Bostel Amsterdamse Bos

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Okay... This was a bad place to stay for travellers. It is 5€ a day for the heater in the cabin (which you need. 1€ per shower which is poor. 2.50€ for sheets. The kitchen is filthy. We stayed here because it was cheap, it worked out to be more expensive than a hostel in the centre of Amsterdam. Especially paying for transport. All in all totally regret my decision to choose camping bos.

Inn-Berlin

Berlin, Germany

Great hostel, nothing bad to say about it! I stayed in a private room so I don't know how the dorms are

Lollis Homestay

Dresden, Germany

Cool rooms ! Wifi was good in the rooms, kitchen had good facilities. Breakfast was sooo bad When we checked out on Saturday 16th November the man at reception was so rude to us! So we left with a bad veiw on lollis. I thought it was his job to make us feel happy and at home. He also made us go back up 3 stories with our backpacks on after we had just said that we were running late for our bus. Said something under his breathe as we went to leave. Wasn't very nice. The hostel is good!

Frankfurt Hostel

Frankfurt, Germany

Had a really good time! The only problem was the other guests in our room who had extremely loud sleeping habits! Free breakfast is good and free pasta every. Single. Night!! What a great hostel

Camping Fusina

Venice, Italy

It's a campsite. They shut the restaurant and supermarket so there is nothing to eat there. The sheets ripped when we sat on them and the blanket was filthy. Showers were hot but either like a hose or a sprinkler. The staff made out the bus was very tricky to get in to Venice but it is actually extremely simple and we didn't pay once. Wifi costs which sucks. Very happy to leave here!!

Probably the best hostel I have stayed in over 8 months of travelling Europe! Wifi is 10/10, showers and toilets in the rooms are kept very clean and you get comfy sheet and a towel! The only downside was the crazy man in our dorm who would pretend he was punching and stabbing people with his knife and had the police in to interview him. Very good stay And the staff weren't helpful on directions when I emailed beforehand! Breakfast is expensive, BackWerk shop close by is cheaper!

Hostel MOJO

Prague, Czech Republic

More an apartment! Not a hostel vibe but really really nice rooms. Lovely coffee and lovely staff who were always helping. Would definitely stay again! Loved it.

St Christophers Prague

Prague, Czech Republic

What a lovely stay we had here! More of an apartment than hostel. The staff were so nice. There isn't much of a hostel vibe but I did stay in a private room. The shower and toilet door didn't lock which sucked and the bathroom flooded. Besides that everything was good, wifi was great. Would stay again

Budget Backpackers

Edinburgh, Scotland

Easy to find with instructions, the walking tour was great. Food portions are massive. The wifi doesn't work well and showers were freezing!? Kitchen facilities were great

Brunsko

Dubrovnik, Croatia

BRUNSKO is a nice place, very quiet and a long walk from the centre or the port.

SOHO

Athens, Greece

The only bad thing was that our room stunk of cigarettes, we could hardly breath! It kept in our clothes too so that was kind of gross. Other than that we accidentally booked the night after than when we were there and the man was kind and changed it when we got there

The Dictionary, Shoreditch

The hostel could have been good although it was in the middle of renovations which they didn't warn us to what extent. They were okay just wooden and dirty common room. The 18 bed dorm is where I slept and I would highly advise them to do something about it. There was no air flow making it boiling hot and smelt disgusting. On top of that the shower was literally half a metre squared with no hooks for a towel or anything. The worst part was that the toilet had no sink to wash your hands.

We are sorry that you got caught in the renovations! Builders just don't know what clean is and we have had a heck of a time chasing them :) Thankfully, all the messy bit is over and it can only get better from here. Sorry again and we hope that you will come and give us another shot at getting it right!

St Christopher's Village

Awful wifi. None in rooms and rarely available downstairs. The staff weren't overly friendly and always felt like I was being talked about by them. Awesome location but due to the unpleasantness of staff I would not go back there.

• 18th Jun 2013

Hi, Apologies if your stay with us was not what you had anticipated. We have been having issues with the WiFi but we are in process of dealing with this! If you would like to email us information regarding the staff who dealt with you we will look into this. Regards Your team at the Village