Location: USA, Gender: Male, Age: 27

Hostel Mostel

Sofia, Bulgaria

Awesome hostel in a great location in Sofia. The nightly dinner and pubcrawl were a great way to meet people. The staff is also extremely friendly and answered all the questions I had. My only complaint is that there was no toilet in the ensuite bathroom in the 8-bed room (you had to walk outside to use the shared bathroom and it was cold at night!)

Moloch Hostel

Cancun, Mexico

This is a very clean hostel for staying a night or two to catch up on some rest. The location is perfect since it's only a couple of minutes from the ADO bus station. There isn't too much of an atmosphere since this place was almost hotel-like but I did manage to have some interactions with other guests. The staff is friendly enough. If you are looking to party, look at other hostels in the same area but if you want a good night sleep, come to Moloch Hostel.

Next2 Metro

Taipei, Taiwan

I spent around 5 nights at Walkers' Hostel in Taipei. It is a great hostel located in a very convenient area (steps away from Daan MRT Station). The staff is very friendly, and it is fairly easy to meet people. Oh, the free laundry (washer and dryer!) is awesome (I have neither seen anything like this at other hostels). I will definitely stay here again if I'm back in Taipei.

Aline Hostel

Chefchaouen, Morocco

Although the staff at Aline does not speak much English, they are extremely nice! The rooms are clean, and the terrace is awesome for chilling out. The hostel seemed to be half full when I was there, and there wasn't too much atmosphere (hey I didn't expect much for Morocco during Ramadan!) The location is great,; out of the center, but takes only a few minutes walking to the main plaza.

JJs Yard

Lagos, Portugal

Really great atmosphere at JJs Yard! Definitely a party place. There are actually several buildings which belong to JJs. There are only a few rooms in my building, and it was extremely easy to meet everyone, especially for a solo traveler. Furthermore, free laundry was a blessing especially if you've been on the road for a while! My only complaint is that it can get hot in the rooms at night!

Yes! Lisbon Hostel

Lisbon, Portugal

One of the better hostels I've stayed in Europe. Having awesome AC was a blessing in 45 degree C weather in Lisbon! The nightly dinner at the hostel was an awesome way to meet people, especially if you are traveling by yourself. Furthermore, the pub crawl is a lot of fun and a great way to meet people from different hostels! Do stay at Yes! Lisbon...you won't be disappointed. My only complaint is that I arrived in Lisbon on an overnight flight in the morning and couldn't check in until 3 PM.