Smart Hyde Park Inn

I chose this hostel for the location, which is great. But the staff were rude and unhelpful, there is only one shower in the entire building that works normally (the rest require you to push a button that gives you half a minute of cold water) and worst of all I woke up COVERED in bed bug bites. I would NOT RECOMMEND staying here.

• 27th Jul 2013

Shelter City

Amsterdam, Netherlands

I am a non-religious person and felt very comfortable and welcomed here, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Only let down was my dorm got very hot when people shut the windows (not sure why they did, possibly because of noise) so air-conditioning would have been good. Otherwise a fantastic hostel.

• 25th Jul 2013

Hostel HOMEr

Prague, Czech Republic

FANTASTIC hostel, best I've ever stayed at (and I've stayed in upwards of 30)! The staff were very friendly and helpful (even carried my bag up the stairs for me!), the location was unbelievable (just on the outside of the Old Town Square, about 5 seconds walk), and it had the most beautiful interior that felt more like an actual house rather than hostel dorms. The rooms stayed nice and cool even though it was summer, and the beds had real, padded blankets. RECOMMEND

• 22nd Jul 2013

Friend's Hostel

Paris, France

This is the WORST hostel I've stayed in yet (and I've stayed in upwards of 30). The location was in a horrible area, I felt extremely unsafe here even in the middle of the day. DO NOT STAY HERE if you're a single female traveller. There was only one shower and toilet for a floor full of dorms. The room was so hot at night I felt like I was going to die of heat exhaustion. During the night I realised that my bed was crawling with bugs (different kinds, some looked like small cockroaches).

• 20th Jul 2013