Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 25

Duo Housing DC

Washington DC, USA

Hostel was okay, nothing spectacular. I've definitely been to better, but if you're looking for a cheap place to stay in DC, it will do.

Yesinn @CAUSEWAY BAY

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Had a great experience here. The location was fantastic as it was only a few minutes' walk away from the Causeway Bay metro station, and there's tons of shopping to be had in the area. Lockers have electronic key passes, so I didn't have to worry about leaving my passport or valuables in the room. Roommates could be pretty noisy when coming back after late nights out, but I guess you can only expect so much when staying in a 9-bed room. No free breakfast, by the way!

Fernloft KL @ Chinatown

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay. The hostel is in a great location right next to the Pasar Seni metro station in the Chinatown area. I stayed in the female dorm and slept very soundly. The staff was so lovely and helpful. I would definitely stay here again!

2W Cafe & Hostel

Phuket, Thailand

What a lovely hostel! The ground level is a cafe that serves a lot of yummy fare, and the hostel aspect of 2W is located upstairs. The rooms were pretty tiny and cramped, but the beds were cozy, and I slept well the two nights I was here. The staff was very helpful, too! I would definitely stay here again if I ever revisit Phuket. Should be noted that it's not really a hostel for those who want to be right next to the beach, but it's great for an overnight stay in Phuket town.

Rumblefish Adventure Inn

Phuket, Thailand

I really enjoyed my stay at Rumblefish. Kata beach is just a short 10-minute walk away, and the hostel is located in a quiet area away from downtown Kata. I felt that this hostel was definitely a great bargain for the price. My recommendation is to come here with a group - I came as a solo traveler during the off-season, and there was one night during my stay when I was the only person staying on the floor for the night. Talk about feeling little lonely. Overall, though, great hostel!

The Explorers Guesthouse and Hostel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Great hostel close to the Pasar Seni metro station and KL's Chinatown. Rooms were very cozy, and it was very easy to talk with fellow travelers. Free breakfast in the mornings. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel!

the Cats Pajamas

Taipei, Taiwan

Cat's Pajamas is a very fun, cool place for the young traveler passing through Taipei. It's especially convenient for students just arriving to the city who will be studying at ShiDa or TaiDa as both universities are within walking distance. Rooms were a tad bit small, but other than that, I had an excellent experience here!