Average. Good location by the riverside. You have to do a lot of climbing to get away from there, though. The room had AC, but it was straight above my bed, and when other guests wanted it to blow really cold air it was not a good bed to be sleeping in. Also, only one remote control for the AC's, meaning you always have to go to the reception when you want to adjust it! Nice staff. Nice music and atmosphere in the lobby was often spoiled by the TV, which seemed to be on ALL THE TIME.

Very nice hostel, one of the coziest I've ever been to in China! Definitely worthy of its good reputation. The food they offer was tasty and the staff were very friendly (especially the ayis). One minor flaw in our opinion was that some of the staff (especially at the bar) insisted on speaking English to us, in spite of the fact that we are quite fluent in Chinese and always wish to practise when in China. That was pretty annoying in the long run. Otherwise, everything was great!

The Hump Hostel

Kunming, China

Very nice hostel experience!

Caffy&Ken Backpackers' Hostel

Xishuangbanna, China

• 14th Jan 2014
  • Finland

Five Elements Hostel

Dali, China

It's my second stay here, and this time we stayed for seven nights. Clean, cozy, peaceful, they have everything you need and the staff is friendly and helpful.. Very nice lounge area, too, though I must comment that they could make it so much nicer in the evening by replacing all the awful white light bulbs with warmer, yellow light... Recommended!

Five Elements Hostel

Dali, China

A nice, basic hostel with good atmosphere and nice rates.

Thank you so much for telling the world our value for money. Thx!

Mama Naxi`s Guesthouse

Lijiang, China

Mama Naxi will never let you down, it is always such a nice place to stay!

Plum Flowers House

Guangzhou, China

Really nice place, recommended!

Very nice experience again! Owing to problems with flights I arrived one day late, but the people at the reception were very understanding, did not charge me any extra and also found me another room to stay in when they had already given my bed to someone else the previous night. Recommended.

Yesinn @CAUSEWAY BAY

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Spent a nice week here, will definitely choose this one next time I'm back to HK!

Very nice, it was my second time here, and probably not the last!

Very nice place, excellent location and helpful staff! I will stay here again if I return to Hangzhou, and I will recommend this hostel to my friends. The only negative thing was that the Wi-Fi never worked in my room in the evening, and the connection seemed slow in the lobby computers as well. I could only really get online in the mornings.

hi friend, real appreciate for your great rating and your personal suggestion during your time in the hostel. we keep going, and more work to figure out the internet surfing. welcome back, and have a good time

Yesinn @Fortress Hill

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

I booked for seven nights but decided to extend my stay by a further 12 days. The mixed dorm room I stayed in (actually I'm still here) is quite nice and it is cleaned every day. The people at the reception are also very nice and helpful.