City Hostel Seattle

Seattle, USA

Camelot Inn & Hostel

Salt Lake City, USA

The reason the staff is very poor is that there is NO staff. That is except for a maid. It's all internet. They give you the key code for the front door and a "key safe" for the room. No front desk at all.

==NO STAFF== Not only do we have friendly housekeeping staff, we also have office staff on site during the morning hours, and help is always a phone call away. ==TESTIMONIALS== ...when I had a problem, my phone call was returned promptly and the issue was solved. Maureen J. ...I had a very nice stay, staff really helpful. Simone Cerioli (8S) Italy ...I appreciated any and all security measures and the helpful staff I met here. Pamela Schechtman (CG) Massachusetts, USA

Global Village Backpackers

Toronto, Canada

It was close to where I wanted to be and the beds worked.

Gorge View

Niagara Falls, USA

HI-Baltimore

Baltimore, USA

HI - Boston

Boston, USA

This is basically the equivalent of a five-star hotel. Luxury all the way, except for the fact that it's got dorms instead of suite3s. This is a total betrayal of the original concept of youth hostels. However I had a good time. They also gave out free theater tickets (retail: $150), although I expect that these will never be offered again.

HI-Eastham

Eastham, USA

HI-Nantucket

Nantucket, USA

the main problem is that the hostel was over a mile away from the nearest bus stop.

Hollywood Youth Hostel

Los Angeles, USA

West Coast Hostel

Las Vegas, USA

This is one of the worst hostels I've ever been to. The staff was nasty to me. This is what the website said: "Then we'll head to Volcanoes National Park 40 miles away, and you will experience the beauty of Hawaiian nature as you pass wild orchids, ferns and Kahili ginger plants. Once in the Volcano Park, you'll visit Thurston lava tube, discover remarkable volcanic formations and steam vents, stop at Jagger Museum to see the awesome fury of Halemaumau Crater." We did NONE of that. NONE.Liar

Hostel Des Artistes

Rome, Italy

i was totally irked by the fact that they don't permit people over 36 to stay in the hostel part, and that they charge 12€ for breakfast (I had coffee and a coissant at a place around the corner for 2€50). As a hotel, it was okay (I was able to get a wake up call at one AM), but as a place to meet fellow travelers and hang out? AWFUL!

Washington DC Guesthouse

Washington DC, USA

one word: Bedbugs!

Lucky D's

San Diego, USA

I've been there six times over the years, what does that tell you?

HI-Nantucket

Nantucket, USA

While ruining my diet was partly my fault (I should have refused seconds at the free barbecue), the sad fact was that Nantucket decided to go on winter bus schedules after labor day, and I had to walk a mile and a half from the bus stop. Other than that it was great.

The good news was that the bed was nice and I had the room to myself. The bad news was, was that I couldn't find the place. Since it was a boat, and they had decided to have an evening's cruise before I got there, there was no way I could find it before they arrived back at Ten PM. I had to sneak onto a private pier on the long warf, where the security guard gave me directions while escorting me off the premises.

Duo Housing DC(1)

Washington DC, USA

ON the second night, they put me with three total bitches who spent FOUR hours laughing at me!!!!! I was falling asleep when, I apparently farted, and they laughed and insulted me from 11PM 'till four in the fucking morning!!!! This is not the fault of the management, and hosteling has it's dangers, but we don't have to be happy about it.

I was only one of two guests, and the main reason I think was the horrific bedbug problem. I spent two nights in agony, even though they gave me a private room the next day. (it had bedbugs too)

Its not a hostel, it's a hotel, and it's not 57 bucks a bed, it's 115 a room, a huge difference if you think about it.

Green 16 Hostel

Cancun, Mexico

The staff wanted to confiscate my passport, the place looked like a prison, and no one was staying there at all. IT was one of the most unfriendly places I've ever seen. I didn't actually stay there, though because who in their right minds would?

Sun Rise Hotel

Amman, Jordan

they had no idea who you were and I had to pay for the full price....you owe me two bucks

Antares Hostel

Nice, France

It wasn't the "Antarise, but a hotel next to it that was connected by a courtyard.