Reviews: JFK

Location Poland, Gender Male, Age 30

Funky Fes, Fez, Morocco
30th Sep 2013

I highly recommend the Deluxe Room near the terrace - big and beautiful. The atmosphere is great, staff's very helpful and the place is pretty easy to find if you follow the hostel's directions. The only drawback is the location - this side of medina looks a bit unsafe at night and it's at least 20mins uphill to reach the Blue Gate (Bab Boujloud). On the other hand it's really close to the tanneries :)

Riad Hotel Espagne, Marrakech, Morocco
29th Sep 2013

We had a really good stay at Riad Espagne - the location is great, very close to Jemaa El Fna.

Riad Hotel Espagne, Marrakech, Morocco
26th Sep 2013

Elbrus Home, Kathmandu, Nepal
30th Apr 2013

Very nice hostel with clean rooms, great breakfast and good atmosphere. The owner himself took us on his bike to the hospital when I needed medical help instead of calling a taxi, which was very kind of him. The only drawback is that the "Double room" was somehow occupied when we arrived and we had to stay in a twin room, which was a bit disappointing.

Nepali Cottage Guesthouse, Pokhara, Nepal
28th Apr 2013

After arriving from busy and noisy India, this place was exactly what we needed. Guys that run the guesthouse were very helpful and the view from terrace amazing!

Hostel New King, New Delhi, India
7.1
24th Apr 2013

I'd recommend taking an airport transfer offered by the hostel since it's really hard to find. There's no hostel name at the entrance or even inside.. The staff isn't very talkative, so you have to speak with the owner if you need anything. Also, location is horrible but at least the place is very clean and comfortable. For this price you shouldn't complain.

Mrs. Julie, Rome, Italy
17th Nov 2012

Too bad that there was only cold water in our en-suite room and we had to use a shared bathroom, otherwise it would be excellent. Hostel is located in the heart of Rome with easy access to almost everywhere. A friendly girl from the staff made us feel very welcome, gave directions and let us leave our bags when we came a couple of hours before check-in time. I've also never seen such clean place as Maison de Julie - I wish there were more hostels like that!

Chill Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
5.4
14th Nov 2012

Location is amazing, but the staff (except one girl, which name I unfortunately forgot) is permanently stoned and doesn't give a f* what happens at the hostel.We received a room with a shared bathroom instead of en-suite with no explanation (however the money was returned). There were problems with hot water, rooms were dirty and beds & pillows were stinking. Beside my own expectations, I think that Oscar Niemeyer's house deserves some better treatment than it gets right now from the owners.

Bellas Artes Guest House, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
12th Nov 2012

Definitely the best place we stayed at during our trip to Rio. Beautiful neighborhood, easy access to any part of the city and, what might be the most important, rooms and showers were clean, which as you'll probably notice is not too common in Rio. I wish we stayed there longer instead of moving to Chill Hostel in Leme which was a total disaster.. Anyway, we've been to 3 different places in Rio de Janeiro and Bellas Artes was a shining diamond in a pile of $*#^ - keep that in mind guys! :)

Rio Nature Hostel, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
9th Nov 2012

Great location on the hill with an amazing view. Rooms are huge with comfortable & clean beds. Tasty breakfast is served every morning on a terrace where you can feed little monkeys with bananas. We really enjoyed our stay in Nature Hostel - even climbing up the hill with our baggages was a great experience ;) The only thing I would improve are the bathrooms, cause even after cleaning, which was done very often, the smell was still there (maybe the wooden floor boards may need to be exchanged).

Central Station, Milan, Italy
7th Nov 2012

We stayed here only one night, but the staff was very kind, we received a free map and could leave our baggage after check-out. Room was very clean and there was no problem with the shared bathroom. Located 5 mins from Central Station, which was very convenient for us :)

Perfect Hostel, Paris, France
23rd Jun 2012

Very nice, clean and friendly hostel. Close to the metro station and with tasty breakfast every morning included. What do you need more? Well, it may be a bit far from the main tourist attractions, but Paris is a huge city and if you'd like to see everything you'd have to use the subway anyway. I spent 3 great nights there and I'd highly recommend this place. Also, there's a convenience store next to it and some pretty good places to eat :)

New Peking Guest House, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
18th Oct 2011

Clean, safe, well located in famous Chungking Mansion (the building goes through a huge renovation process and probably won't be called "shady" anymore). Lady who owns the guest house is very friendly, staff cleans the room everyday and changes towels. Room was bigger than I expected with a huge tv, quite big bathroom (for HK standards of course), 2 windows - definitely better than what I got in Sincere House in Mong Kok (except the location, since I find Mong Kok more interesting than TST).

The InnCrowd Backpackers Hostel 2, Singapore, Singapore
6.7
15th Oct 2011

Not a bad place, however I'd go for Chinatown instead of Little India next time if you ask me about the location. Character? I have a strange feeling that this hostel doesn't look exactly the same as in the photos here on hostelworld. Also, I couldn't find here any info about curfew which starts at 11PM - a big surprise if you're a night owl. Then, if you like staying in bed till noon, might be disappointed, 'cause the staff turns off the AC during daytime and makes laundry in your room.

Fernloft KL @ Chinatown, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
6th Oct 2011

Rooms are nicely decorated and quite big (compared to HK, Shanghai or even Seoul). Free laundry and breakfasts were also a nice and unexpected feature. Also the cleanliness was v.good - the staff cleaned the bathrooms&toilets everyday. Now, one drawback - my bed was extremely uncomfortable and 'cause of that I felt huge pain in my neck and couldn't move for 2 days. The case got so serious that I decided to visit hospital and had to pay 218MYR for the injection and some pills to get some relief..

A-Inn, Hong Kong, Hong Kong
29th Sep 2011

Very good location in the heart of Mong Kok! Rooms are nice and clean, staff is helpful and made no problems when I accidentally chose a wrong room here on Hostelworld and wanted to change it later. If you're looking for fun though, you probably won't find it, since all Hong Kong hostels are more like guesthouses with no social room for meeting people - be aware of that before visiting Hong Kong alone or just go out and take a MTR to SoHo :) All in all a nice place to stay in this amazing city.