Reviews: pamart3664

Location: USA, Gender: Female, Age: 23

Zackry Guest House

Langkawi, Malaysia

My only regret is that I didn't stay longer ;)

• 11th Feb 2014

Sunshine Bedz KL

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Excellent location (close to public transit, good - cheap food, and shopping!), plus the facilities are really nice :)

• 8th Feb 2014

Angkor Wonder Hostel

Siem Reap, Cambodia

Would definitely stay here again :)

• 3rd Feb 2014

Hostel Nomads

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Hostel owner is really quirky (in a good way) - had a great time :)

• 1st Feb 2014

Street Backpackers Hostel

Hanoi, Vietnam

This place was AMAZING. The staff was EXTREMELY helpful - from before we arrived (they responded to my emails within 24h and gave me very useful information) to helping plan daily itineraries and drinking with us in the evening, to seeing us off at the train station at the end of our stay. If you are staying in Hanoi, please, please, please come to this hostel! You will love it :)

• 18th Jan 2014

Sapa Backpackers

Sapa, Vietnam

We had a wonderful stay here, and only regret that we were not able to stay longer. :)

• 16th Jan 2014

Wada Hostel in Guilin

Guilin, China

Best hostel I've ever been to in China!

Seaview Guesthouse

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

Well, it was an adventure, but I don't think I'd want to repeat this one :/

• 3rd Jan 2014

The Hump Hostel

Kunming, China

For all the traveling, I've done, this is the only hostel I have returned to twice and I am so glad I did. If I ever have the fortune to return to Kunming, this will be the place I come to!

• 19th Aug 2013

Penang, Malaysia

• 21st Jun 2013

ET Budget Guesthouse

Penang, Malaysia

Great location - tucked in off the main road, but still right next to the beach, food, and a night market. Ideal for a night in Batu Ferringhi!

• 20th Jun 2013

The Nook, city homestay

Kuching, Malaysia

Frankie (the owner), was sooooo helpful, and friendly! She drove my friend and I too and from the airport, as well as to an Organ-Utan Sanctuary. Although the location was a bit tricky to navigate at first, Frankie was very helpful in pointing out good places to visit and eat. If i'm ever back in Kuching, I'll definitely return to this place :)

• 18th Jun 2013

Kinabalu Backpackers Lodge

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

• 16th Jun 2013

Encore Express Hotel/Hostel

San Francisco, USA

Location was great, facilities were clean (though there were only 3 shower rooms servicing the entire floor, which meant you had to get up extra early in the morning if you wanted to make sure you and your companions all showered on time).

• 14th May 2013

The Only Backpacker's Inn

Toronto, Canada

• 25th Apr 2013

DC Lofty - Convention Center

Washington DC, USA

They were doing construction on the hostel while we were there (though it should be finsihed within a week), so the two buildings the comprise the property were not connected at the time which was a bit of a hassle, but I definitely would return here if I go back to DC.

• 5th Apr 2013

Posada San Francisco

San Juan, Puerto Rico

GREAT location, very friendly staff, interesting travelers to meet, and all for a great price. If I return to San Juan, this is the hostel of my choice, for sure.

Hammock House Hostel

Vieques, Puerto Rico

The most expensive hostel I stayed at while in Puerto Rico, but I was pleasantly surprised to find it worth every additional penny. Topher & Jack (and Izzy) made the 2 night experience I had like visiting friends for the weekend. Considering I was traveling with a very large group as well (10 people), they handled all our issues, questions, and concerns with extreme efficiency. Plus, their recommendations and sincerity went above and beyond. Definitely would return here.

• 6th Mar 2013

Culebra International

Culebra, Puerto Rico

Cheap, clean, great location (walkable the ferry terminal, yet removed enough that you get a feel for the city upon arrival), and friendly staff. The only issue I had was that the showers could have used a little attention in the dorms (water temperature was inconsistent and there was only a curtain for one of the showers, rather than a door).

• 5th Mar 2013

Moon Light Bay Hostel

Fajardo, Puerto Rico

Staff was very friendly and helpful, despite our really large group (10 people). Hostel was in an extremely convenient location (~2 minute walk to the Fajardo Ferry terminal that you can take on day trips to Culebra and Vieques). Hostel is brand new, so it was very clean and all the facilities were in excellent conditions. Only downside I can think of is that there were only 2 working bathrooms at the time, but there are 2 more soon to be up and running.

• 4th Mar 2013

Yesinn @CAUSEWAY BAY

Hong Kong, Hong Kong

The hostel facilities, location (2 minute walk from the subway), and value were EXCELLENT. A great place to stay in Hong Kong!

Holo Family House

Taipei, Taiwan

The hostel is in a GREAT location - you can see the building from Taipei Main Station, and it's across the street from the Bus Terminal (meaning, it was very easy to catch an early morning bus back to Taoyuan International Airport in the morning). Plus, the lower floors of the building are a mall, so on those bad weather days, you can still find lots of things to do. Definitely a plus on location.

Dear Patricia, Thanks a lot.

Corner Backpacker

Taichung, Taiwan

Came in really late, and left really early, so I didn't get much of an impression of the place. Got what I needed out of it though - a place to sleep and shower. It was kind of annoying however that there were no plugs in the shower / hall, so when I wanted to dry my hair in the morning, I feared disturbing the others in the dorm with me by the sound. Plus, the place could always use a thorough cleaning. Finally, find the place was a little confusing (especially since I came after hours).

OOpium Hostel

Taipei, Taiwan

I really appreciated this hostel -- it was exactly what I was looking for when I needed a place to crash in Taipei for 3 nights. All the guests appeared to be long term, but they were still really friendly and had quite a nice relation with the staff. The facilities were really clean (though not 100%, yet perfectly acceptable). Also, I must say that the adorable cat (1 yrs. old) was quite a special feature of the hostel. :D

SPA Hostel Khaosan Beppu

Beppu Spa City Oita, Japan

Wonderful location, great staff (fun personality & helpful recommendations), clean & safe. If I ever get the chance to return to Nagasaki, this is surely the place I will be staying at!

Loved the common room area - great place to chill and meet people from all over the world. My only complaint was that the girl's shower room on the 3rd floor looked like it really needed to be scrubbed down. All the bathrooms on the 1st floor were really clean, though.

Hiroshima Hana Hostel

Hiroshima, Japan

When I come back to Hiroshima, this will be the hostel of choice! I meet such interesting people - both the travelers and the hostel staff. On a smaller note - I really appreciated who the dorm rooms had a curtain you could wrap around your bed to give you a little more privacy as well as block the light when your neighbors where coming in late / leaving early -- thank you!

Thank you very much for staying at Hiroshima HANA Hostel! Also your comments! We all happy to know that you enjoyed your stay here.  We all hope you had good sleep and rest in the Dorm. If you have any opportunity to visit Hiroshima again, please visit us!! Thanks again for your comments!! Hope to see you again in the future!! Best regards, Hiroshima HANA Hostel

Bong House

Seoul, South Korea

Sam Won Jang

Busan, South Korea

N/A - was only there one night, so it served its purpose

Kamakura Guesthouse

Kamakura, Japan

Very unique experience - being a part of the family for the night :D

It's what I need for the night - so nothing amazing, but economical none the less. The guests I met there were really friendly, so I wish I had the chance to interact with them a little more.

The Hump Hostel

Kunming, China

Kunming was my favorite city that I visited in while staying in China for 10 weeks. I highly recommend the city to any one, and staying at this hostel - The Hump Hostel - was definitely a plus. It's located near LOTS of restaurants and shopping, plus it is easy to access the bus network so you can go pretty much any where you need to go.

The hostel staff was very helpful in recommending what places to see and what places to eat. The panda adventure was amazing, and I've eaten some of the best Sichuan hotpot and mapo tofu while in Chengdu, all on the recommendation of the hostel. Score!

Happy Chopsticks Hostel

Beijing, China

My travel buddy and I had lots of trouble initially finding the hostel in the hutong. I would have been more convenient if there could have been a sign towards the subway station, pointing us in the right direction? Of course, once we found the hostel, we were very pleased. I was particularly happy that internet on the common computers was free - that made planning the next leg of our trip extremely convenient.