B&B La Conchiglia

Bologna, Italy

Malone's Old Town Hostel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Too high price. I paid something like 45£ for one night to stay in a dorm of 12 people. Ok, it was during the Fringe Festival and this may have increased the price. I'd say something between 15£ and 20£ would be a fair price. Also don't bring with you anything valuable.

The Backpackshack

It's ok for a very short stay because it's cheap. I was there for a couple of days and people started to fight punching each other at the pub downstairs (which is often frequented by weird and aggressive dudes). People at the reception seemed friendly. To give a clear-cut answer: I do not recommend it.

• 25th Jul 2013

I can understand to an extent why you have given us a bad review. There was a fight in the pub and of course that would give a bad impression. I should point out though that this is very rare and the incident that you witnessed is the worst I have experienced in 4 years of running this hostel. I should also point out that the guy who started the trouble is now banned for life from my property. The point about money is wrong - the balance due was £54 and that is what you paid when leaving.