Location: Germany, Gender: Male, Age: 37

Chillout Hostel

Warsaw, Poland

There are different appartements in this hostel, that's not the best for meeting people. But the common room is nice and the girls at the front desk were great - always friendly and helpful.

• 31st May 2014

Riverside Hostel Gdansk

Gdansk, Poland

The location is really great and from my dorm I had a nice view to the river. The stuff is very friendly and helpful. Clean, good atmosphere - I can absolutely recommend this hostel.

• 30th May 2014

Jimmy Jumps House/Hostel

Vilnius, Lithuania

Excellent hostel, everything is clean and in good condition. Stuff is helpful and always friendly. And you get a fresh waffle in the morning for breakfast.

• 28th May 2014
  • Globetrotter

Vielen dank! Bis spater jaaaa alles gut alles klaar!

You get a welcome beer for free! Common room, dorms, stuff, location - everything is very good. But one thing I want to emphasize: I don't know how often they check/clean the facilities, but they must do it very, very often, almost every time I have been there, the toilet paper was folded.

• 26th May 2014

Tallinn Backpackers

Tallinn, Estonia

Great hostel and a good place when you wanna meet people for a pub crawl. I liked the mix of that there was party but although the hostel itself was quiet at night. At 11 p.m. the common room was closing and the nice stuff took us to places they like.

• 24th May 2014

Eurohostel

Helsinki, Finland

I booked a bed in a dorm (double room) and had the whole room for myself. The stuff was friendly and helpful. There is no hostel atmoshphere at all. You barely meet people. I think for what you get it's very expensive, but considered that everything in Helsinki is sooo expensive, the value for money is ok. Still, when the summer hostels are closed maybe the best affordable place to stay in Helsinki.

• 23rd May 2014
  • Globetrotter

Everthing is very new and clean. The stuff was really great and alway friendly even when there were lot's of people with different questions at the same time. The bar/restaurant is more high class style than a cozy hostel common room. Good live music evey evening and pub crawls with lot's of wodka shots.

• 1st May 2014
  • Globetrotter

Thank you for a great review! We're happy to know you had fun staying with us! Hope you're doing fine

Grampa's Hostel

Wroclaw, Poland

It's a bit far to walk from the central station (but there is a tram line) but ir's totally worth it. Everything in the hostel is in perfect condition and the stuff was very friendly. It's in an easy walking distance to the city center and it's located close to the river (there is a nice spot to sit during daytime and night).

• 30th Apr 2014

El Hostal

Antigua, Guatemala

Good hostel, nice place and helpful stuff... all you need.

• 21st Feb 2014

Quetzalroo

Guatemala City, Guatemala

The owner organized a pub tour and went with us. The hostel itself was quiet. Really amazing was that the girl at the counter wrote down for at least 20 minutes some tips for guatemala while I waited for the shuttle service to Antigua. I didn't ask for that, she offered that by herself.

• 20th Feb 2014

Backpackers Nirvana

Mombasa, Kenya

Very friendly girl at the reception, nice rooftop terrace, they recommended me a safari guy, safari was good, regrettably very bad matresses in the dorm (they are planning to change it - at least they said)

• 1st Sep 2013

JamboHouse

Lamu, Kenya

The owner is most of the time around, he is a very friendly guy, explained everything to me (good restaurants, cheap restaurants, where to buy things, etc.), I booked a sunset dhow trip at the hostel, it is probably a little more expensive than the cheapest price at the waterfront, but you get good service and a safe trip. I met people who were ripped off at the waterfront by some beach boys.

• 30th Aug 2013

Hotel Embassy

Nairobi, Kenya

I arrived in Nairobi at 2pm and had to leave the next morning but wanted to see something of the city center. For this purpose the hotel is a good choice. Nothing special but altogether ok.

• 29th Aug 2013

Astor Queensway

Everything was good, except the staff... they were perfect - very very friendly and helpful. Thanks!

• 12th Jul 2013

Oliver St. John Gogarty

Dublin, Ireland

Good hostel, perfekt location in the center of Temple Bar (of course not absolutely quiet), the next time in Dublin I will stay there again

• 12th Jun 2013

Hostel River

Plzen, Czech Republic

The room was renovated and clean, only the Bath light did not work properly. When we arrived (6 p.m.) the rezeptionist was friendly but it smelled like he had some alcohol before. The most disturbing thing was, that some of the corridor lights didnt work (absolutly dark stairs at night) and the ground corridor smelled bad, when we passed it at night and in the morning (it smells like someone drunk is lying somewhere, but there was no one). Altogether is was ok, because the room was good.

• 10th May 2013

Freedom Traveller

Rome, Italy

Rooms in Rome are very expensive. Freedom Traveller is ok, but nothing special. I liked the night porter, who gave us very good tips for Rome.

• 5th Apr 2013
  • Globetrotter

Checkin was unorganised, the receptionist knew nothing of our booking and the deposit we made and asked for the whole price. After talking to the manager (he checked hostelworld) everything was clear and we got one additional breakfast for free (we arrived early the first day). The staffs seemed little motivated and was not very customer friendly even though not unfriendly (the snorkeling-rental-staff was very friendly). It's such a pity, because the location is really great. Anyway I'd go back

• 30th Oct 2012

Jordan Tower Hostel

Amman, Jordan

Everyone was absolutely friendly and helpful - cleaning stuff and reception. I felt very welcome and there is a good atmosphere. In my opinion there is just one thing that is solved not good: The shower is together with the toilet in one room and the water doesn't flow away very good. Because of that some people leave the room with a wet floor (not nice if you wanna use the toilet after). But the stuff is drying these rooms often. They helped me to get a cheap rental car.

• 22nd Oct 2012

Soul Kitchen

St Petersburg, Russia

At hostelworld it's just my second review but I have been to a lot of hostels before. And: this one was the best ever... and there is a big gap to the one at the second place. It's like someone was travelling around, recalled the best things he had seen and put them all together in one hostel: Soul Kitchen Junior. It's clean, has lot's of space, has everything you need and the beds are fantastic (big, with curtains). And the stuff ist so so great: absolutely and sincerely friendly and helpful.

• 22nd Aug 2012

Nova House

Moscow, Russia

I think it's more a private appartment than a regular (whatever that means) hostel. So if you want to explore a little how it is, to life in Moscow or like an Moscow resident, it's a very good place to stay. The owner is very friendly, everything is uncomplicated and the rooms are ok. There is a housecat which is very afraid of thunderstorms.

• 17th Aug 2012