Location Canada, Gender Male, Age 43

• Canada, Male, 41+
Kismet Dao Hostel, Brasov, Romania
17th Oct 2015

Great, fun, place to stay in Brasov! Good location- a short walk to pubs, eateries, and a short hike to the old town square. Big, clean rooms, toilets and showers. Helpful staff with lots of good info to see local sites. Big kitchen to mingle and socialize. Another great hostel in Romania!

X Hostel Bucharest, Bucharest, Romania
16th Oct 2015

A great place and a great city! Come to Romania! On site bar with reasaonably priced drinks in a BIG lounge area with ping-pong, couches, ect. Would def stay here again!

Thank you for your review! It was a pleasure hosting you!

Jimmy's Hostel, Paros, Greece
25th Sep 2015

Had a fantastic time at Jimmy's! Very social/friendly hostel (short term backpackers and the long-term students) with pleasant staff! Stayed and extra night & would def return to Paros and Jimmy's.

DREAM House hostel, Kiev, Ukraine
6th Aug 2015

I don't normally leave reviews but this place deserves a plug- A GREAT place to stay in Kiev! Clean, spacious, temp. controlled rooms, ultra clean BR, Shower, toilets. Lively bar with a good mix of backpackers and young locals! A great location near the metro and Andrew's Descent Street. Friendly, helpful, staff (and cute) staff too! Def stay here!

Many thanks for a feedback! We are glad to be useful. You have kindly highlighted a lot of our pros. DREAM team will do our best to keep the level high. Hope to host you again soon!)

Riad Verus, Fez, Morocco
3.7
19th May 2015

Terrible place. I booked this riad a week earlier and showed up to this dark, dirty, dingy riad. My room was not ready. I waited over 30min. then walked out. While I was waiting they presented a list of rules which were not shown on the website and additional costs which were not mentioned. After listening to their hollow threats I left I and went back to Funky Fez Hostel which was great! :) There are lots of good Riads in Fez but Riad Versus is not one of them.

Hostel Riad Marrakech Rouge, Marrakech, Morocco
12th May 2015

Helpful and friendly staff without being pushy.

Edge House, Antwerp, Belgium
6.3
12th Nov 2014

I've been in and out of hostels for 9 years and I've never been told that I could not use the common room after checking out! But that happened here; how cheap can you get!?! Also the place stinks of smoke from the owner.

6.6
27th Jun 2014

Will not stay here again. I chose this hostel because it seemed like it had a good atmosphere and be a fun place, but between all the rules and paying 4-6 Euros for beer at the bar- the atmosphere gets killed pretty quick. One of the many rules is you can't bring in outside alcohol so you're stuck paying their ridiculous prices if you want to stay and get to know fellow travellers. PS- you also can't sleep in your bed between 10-2! Crazy.

Hello Thank you for your comment We are a licenced hostel and its correct that outside alcohols are not allowed inside thé hostel .its the reasons why we are among the cheapest bar in paris.our guests do usually appreciate our rates when They GO in other bars;-)we are surprised you couldńt sleep between 10:30:Check out Time and 2pm:Check in Time !.the thing is that we clean the rooms at that Time so you might be bothered while we clean..our apologies but its nécessary ! Best regards

La Controra Hostel Naples, Naples, Italy
4th Jun 2014

I usually don't leave reviews on Hostelworld, but will make an exception in this case. This was a great hostel- excellent, helpful, friendly, staff! Something good going on in the courtyard every night! Big, clean rooms. Thanks! Would def stay here again!

Saint James Backpackers, London, England
22nd Aug 2013

The event I was coming to London for was cancelled short notice, therefore I politely asked to cancel my first night. They refused as their policy is 48hrs (even though it was impossible for me to give them 48hrs notice). Instead of forfeiting £22, I came and spent the night. The sad part for this hostel is that they lost a lot of repeat business from me. I come to London twice a month for overnight stays (this was my second stay with them). But now I will not come back.

Leuven City Hostel, Leuven, Belgium
5th Aug 2013

Inconvenient with the standard lack of check-in between 10-4. Unexpectedly they were able to check me in in early afternoon. No wifi in room. Staff very friendly, helpful. Great location.

Brussels Hello Hostel, Brussels, Belgium
2nd Aug 2013

Was a 15-20min. walk from old town centre. Nice big, open courtyard & bar area for partying. Reasonable prices at bar. Big room, with lots of space. Take away food nearby and small food store. Only 1 power outlet in room though. Poor wifi in room.

Kipps Hostel Canterbury, Canterbury, England
4th Jul 2013

Was in a big dorm room (approximately 12 beds). However, there were only two people in the room (including me), so was very enjoyable but likely the exception not the rule. New renos in room. VERY clean. Includes a towel (nice!). Friendly and helpful staff. A short hike from the historic town centre.

Smart Hyde Park View Hostel, London, England
6.6
1st Jul 2013

Very poor ventilation in the room & only ONE outlet. Not a fan of the triple bunks- no room to store your backpack unless you pay extra for the locked cabinet which nobody did. Cheap drinks at the bar though. Wouldn't be my first choice to stay when I return.

• Canada, Male, 18-24
6.3
5th Jun 2013

Lots of problems with the key card. Had to recharge it almost everyday. At least no deposit on the card though. Not much atmosphere. No activities going on that are put on by the hostel. Staff were friendly and helpful though.

Hi In fact, no deposit for key cards. For security we ask to our guests to come down at reception once a day in order to programm the keycard. Events are organised once a month, and if you miss it, we can suggest "what to do" in the city. For instance, we have special rate to go to nightclubs, or to benefit from happy hours in the neighbourhood. The Manager

Saint James Backpackers, London, England
2nd May 2013

Rooms are small. Very limited space for 6 peeps to have their backpacks in any sort of useful space.

Smart Russell Square Hostel, London, England
7.4
2nd Nov 2012

Over crowded rooms. Triple-deck bunk beds. Unless you pay extra for the locked storage you have no place to keep your backpack (which even in a good hostel is limited anyways). I ended up keeping my backpack in my bed while I slept. No street sign out front. If I had not known the street number, I would've walked right past it.

30th Sep 2012

Wombats City Hostel Berlin, Berlin, Germany
14th Sep 2011

I had a medical problem the evening of Sept. 16th. The staff that night did a great job getting me the help I needed. Many thanks! Chris