Location: Canada, Gender: Male, Age: 42

The 3 Ducks

Paris, France

Will not stay here again. I chose this hostel because it seemed like it had a good atmosphere and be a fun place, but between all the rules and paying 4-6 Euros for beer at the bar- the atmosphere gets killed pretty quick. One of the many rules is you can't bring in outside alcohol so you're stuck paying their ridiculous prices if you want to stay and get to know fellow travellers. PS- you also can't sleep in your bed between 10-2! Crazy.

Hello Thank you for your comment We are a licenced hostel and its correct that outside alcohols are not allowed inside thé hostel .its the reasons why we are among the cheapest bar in paris.our guests do usually appreciate our rates when They GO in other bars;-)we are surprised you couldńt sleep between 10:30:Check out Time and 2pm:Check in Time !.the thing is that we clean the rooms at that Time so you might be bothered while we clean..our apologies but its nécessary ! Best regards

I usually don't leave reviews on Hostelworld, but will make an exception in this case. This was a great hostel- excellent, helpful, friendly, staff! Something good going on in the courtyard every night! Big, clean rooms. Thanks! Would def stay here again!

Saint James Backpackers

The event I was coming to London for was cancelled short notice, therefore I politely asked to cancel my first night. They refused as their policy is 48hrs (even though it was impossible for me to give them 48hrs notice). Instead of forfeiting £22, I came and spent the night. The sad part for this hostel is that they lost a lot of repeat business from me. I come to London twice a month for overnight stays (this was my second stay with them). But now I will not come back.

Leuven City Hostel

Leuven, Belgium

Inconvenient with the standard lack of check-in between 10-4. Unexpectedly they were able to check me in in early afternoon. No wifi in room. Staff very friendly, helpful. Great location.

Brussels Hello Hostel

Brussels, Belgium

Was a 15-20min. walk from old town centre. Nice big, open courtyard & bar area for partying. Reasonable prices at bar. Big room, with lots of space. Take away food nearby and small food store. Only 1 power outlet in room though. Poor wifi in room.

Kipps Hostel Canterbury

Canterbury, England

Was in a big dorm room (approximately 12 beds). However, there were only two people in the room (including me), so was very enjoyable but likely the exception not the rule. New renos in room. VERY clean. Includes a towel (nice!). Friendly and helpful staff. A short hike from the historic town centre.

Smart Hyde Park View

Very poor ventilation in the room & only ONE outlet. Not a fan of the triple bunks- no room to store your backpack unless you pay extra for the locked cabinet which nobody did. Cheap drinks at the bar though. Wouldn't be my first choice to stay when I return.

Vintage Boutique Hostel

Paris, France

Lots of problems with the key card. Had to recharge it almost everyday. At least no deposit on the card though. Not much atmosphere. No activities going on that are put on by the hostel. Staff were friendly and helpful though.

Hi In fact, no deposit for key cards. For security we ask to our guests to come down at reception once a day in order to programm the keycard. Events are organised once a month, and if you miss it, we can suggest "what to do" in the city. For instance, we have special rate to go to nightclubs, or to benefit from happy hours in the neighbourhood. The Manager

Saint James Backpackers

Rooms are small. Very limited space for 6 peeps to have their backpacks in any sort of useful space.

Smart Russell Square

Over crowded rooms. Triple-deck bunk beds. Unless you pay extra for the locked storage you have no place to keep your backpack (which even in a good hostel is limited anyways). I ended up keeping my backpack in my bed while I slept. No street sign out front. If I had not known the street number, I would've walked right past it.

Wombats City Hostel Berlin

Berlin, Germany

I had a medical problem the evening of Sept. 16th. The staff that night did a great job getting me the help I needed. Many thanks! Chris