Suncheon Hostel

Suncheon, South Korea

A very small hostel, whilst comfortable and friendly, the parties every night were very disturbing as I'm not much of a party goer.

• 26th Jul 2014
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

Hotel Sun Plaza

Osaka, Japan

I guess you pay for what you get, it was cheap BUT you had to pay additional money to take a shower at a normal time, there were cockroaches in my room, the pictures show western beds but it's actually a very thin futon on the floor (traditional is fine, but nice to know what to expect) tt took a while for the staff to find our booking and then the room stank of smoke. If you just want somewhere to get a fews hours sleep and to store your stuff it's ok, but if you want quality, go elsewhere!

• 27th Mar 2014

Not sure if there was one and I missed it, but a free food shelf in the fridge is always good! I ended up throwing perishable food away when it could have gone to a good home!

• 26th Mar 2014

HI - Monterey Hostel

Monterey, USA

Staff were pretty good, beds were amazing, location great but someone stole my food! And when the rooms got cleaned the door was always left propped open, kind of defeated the object of having entry code for the doors! And no lockers in the room made it inconvenient to secure your stuff which I wouldn't ordinarily be too wary about but since the food theft I was bothered.

• 17th Aug 2013

HI - Sacramento Hostel

Sacramento, USA

Comfy bed and nice spacious room. Felt a little insecure as the rooms were codes so people who had stayed previously could pop in if they liked. Probably wouldn't but it did occur to me. The door was super creaky, just needed some wd40 or something.

• 10th Aug 2013

AAE Portland Downtown

Portland, USA

It was ok, had a kitchen area but no utensils and only one bathroom for at least 8people. The beds were ridiculously squeaky. The staff were ok, rather blunt but helpful enough. The location was good!

• 8th Aug 2013

Ok, so no luggage in your room, but it's up for 3flights down from your room, and no lift. And don't forget, no air-con. You cannot access your luggage between the hours of 11pm and 8am. So don't have an emergency. Can't lock your room. Booked in for a dorm room, got a private and yet they want to promote social interaction. I've never felt so unsafe on a bunk bed, it was dangerous. Asked to leave as we weren't happy, not even asked if there was anything they could do to improve our stay.

• 10th Jul 2013