This was a very modern beautiful hostel! The only thing to note, it is a dual hostel/ hostel. So they have families, vacationers and backpackers. I did not know that prior to booking so was a little disappointed because it makes it harder to meet people when you don't know who is a backpacker because there is no communal room. Just the breakfast area and lobby area. However, if you are backpacking with others you will be impressed with the brand new modern facilities and rooms with blow dryer

Dear Julie, you are absolutely right that we have a lot of different clients in our house. But this is the spirit of MEININGER. We are happy to have a big mix off so many people and it seems that you enjoyed your stay with us. So we hope to see you again! Kind regards, Beate

Maverick Hostel & Ensuites

Budapest, Hungary

This was the nicest hostel I have stayed at in Europe! Unique layout, it is an old palace broken into several different apartments and the hostel own several floors. i was in a dorm that was essentially an apartment with several different apartments within the apartment. WOW! I would highly recommend, very beautiful atmosphere and very accomodating hosts! extremely clean and spacious communal room. it is a must Stay in budapest and in europe!!

Hostel Emanuel

Split, Croatia

Nice clean hostel, good location. If you're looking to mingle- a little difficult because there's no communal room. However, very nice modern hostel!

Villa Divine

Dubrovnik, Croatia

Villa Divine is truly Divine!! This is hands down, the best hostel I have ever stayed in. The staff is incredible, ensuring you are having the best experience in Dubrovnik. They help you book anything you need-taxi, excursions, etc. They have a special surprise nightly for their guests whether they are gathering the guests for cocktails, desserts or some sort of treat. Aside from the amazing staff, the breathtaking view of the water was my favorite part. You want to stay at this modern hostel!

Thanks for spreading the word about Villa Divine. We're so glad that we had a guest like you.Looking forward to greeting you again in Villa Divine. All the best!

NapPark Hostel at Khao San

Bangkok, Thailand

There's not really any common area for people to socialize in the lobby. It's hard to meet people if the only place to meet is in the room and they turn off the air from noon until 6pm. So if you're coming in from another trip and need to rest in the afternoon, it's unbearable.

Sant Jordi Mambo Tango

Barcelona, Spain

This is a very nice, clean, unique hostel but smaller then what I´m used to and not centrally located. I ended up moving closer to La Rambla. The staff is great though and the hostel is a nice safe one. You will definitely be happy with your stay. My only suggestion is make sure you do your research on how to get from the Airport to the hostel because the directions on the website only list from the airport, to the aerobus to the metro stop. From the metro stop I got lost in the streets.

I had an incredible time at Alessandro. The staff treats you like friends and the hotel is very unique. It's a perfect location in the city and the rooms are big. I would highly recommend staying here in Rome. There's a bar but it's not loud if you don't want to party. They have a rooftop terrace that fun to hang out with the new friends you meet. A++