True Friends Inn

Nha Trang, Vietnam

This hostel is great, all because of the staff. From picking us up at the train station to printing off our flight tickets, they couldn't have been mode helpful! Also great breakfast and try the home-made beer!!

• 24th Aug 2013

PP BackPackers

Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

We were actually moved just across the road to a private room. But we still went to and fro to PP. The location is Excellent and the staff were very helpful. Great value for money.

• 21st Aug 2013

Eighty8 Phnom Penh

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

The first thing you think when you walk in is 'this can't be the hostel, its too nice'. The common area is great, lots of space to hang out, have a beer or cool off in the small pool. It was never a big party, but a nice atmosphere. The dorm room was nice with big beds and the staff even picked us up from the bus station for free. Some comments Say its too far out- we walked everywhere. It took about 20 mins to the palace.

• 19th Aug 2013

Central Backpackers Hostel

Luang Prabang, Laos

I think that previous comments have seriously over-hyped What is an average hostel.breakfast is nice, the common space is nice to hang around in.security could be an issue, the locks on the doors are the wrong way around so that you cant use a key and anyone could walk in (we met 2 girls who had a random guy walk in at 3am).we had a four bed dorm, the bathroom wasn't cleaned for the 4 days we(

• 11th Aug 2013

Sihome Backpackers Hostel

Vientiane, Laos

This was a good place to stay and Meet people. Although they do overcharge for facilities and you should shop around (e.g. transfers and laundry)

• 7th Aug 2013

New Joe Guesthouse

Bangkok, Thailand

A double room for less about 8 quid!! Great value for money. It is however quite run down and could do with a deep clean.

• 2nd Aug 2013

Balcony Hostel Patong

Phuket, Thailand

This is a very good hostel. Previous comments from others make you imagine a magical place where all your dreams come true, we didn't have this experience. But defo good for the money

• 31st Jul 2013

O'Malleys

Phuket Town, Thailand

We booked a nights stay. Arrived and it was locked and dark- No message on the door So we had to go somewhere else(sumhuvit hostel-down the road, great staff) Received and email about 3 days later with some electricity excuse. Defo check they are open before booking!!

• 30th Jul 2013

Kinabalu Backpackers Lodge

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

This hostel is fine, a cheap sleep. But it doesn't really have a common room. Also the female staff is not friendly and a bit weird.

• 26th Jul 2013

North Borneo Cabin

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia

This was a great place to stay in KK. Cheap, great location and had everything that you need. We were sad that we had to move on our 2nd night because it was full- book early!

• 25th Jul 2013

Pink Manila Hostel

Manila, Philippines

We had a great time at the pink Manila. Met loads of great people and the staff were helpful on where to go ect. Big shout out to Ian the chef, who made Excellent meals and catered for veggies! It was cool to have a pool and a pool table Also they have a kitten that you cancel play with!

• 10th Jul 2013

JV's Hostel

Taipei, Taiwan

Ok first off: ignore any comments about 'hard to find' just email the hostel and they send you really good maps. We liked our stay at JVs, it was cheap and has everything we needed. I want to give it a higher score, but I has LOADS of bugs in my bed!!

• 5th Jul 2013
  • Globetrotter

Dear Paul, Thanks very much for your comment. After you check out, we had emptied the room, paid for professional chemical cleaning. We keep tracking the guests stayed in the room later. So far no one had problems. Thanks very much for you comment, we treat it seriously and we will improve for the next guests.

Eiffel Tower Hostel Taichung

Taichung, Taiwan

Ok first off: ignore any comments about unfriendly staff. The staff are friendly but there is No English spoken here so there is a communication barrier. The actual hotel is lovely very modern and nice rooms. But this place is in the middle of nowhere it will take at least an hour on the bus from the train station

• 4th Jul 2013
  • Globetrotter

So this hostel is pretty new and they are still ironing out the bugs. But we had everything we needed and our room wad great! Also free beer at the cool local travellers bar!

• 3rd Jul 2013

Petit Summer House

Kaohsiung, Taiwan

We LOVED this hostel. Sally (and Summer) were great hosts. The location was great and the apartment was easy to find. The apartment was awesome and is on the 26th floor- with Excellent views. Defo recommend!!

• 2nd Jul 2013

Hotel Taiyo

Osaka, Japan

This hotel is overpriced- there are defo cheaper, better options nearby. Our room STANK! I couldn't work it out at first, then I realised it was the sheets and the bed!! Also not enough (3) showers for a 9 storey hotel.

• 29th Jun 2013
  • Globetrotter

Great value for money and the staff are very helpful. Quiet side of town, but right next to the subway.

• 19th Jun 2013

The Travel Hub

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Excellent place to stay (although the form beds are very squeeky)

• 15th Jun 2013

Red Inn Cabana

Penang, Malaysia

Is this a new refirb? Because the inside was lovely! Also next door to the red garden for good eatin' times!!

• 13th Jun 2013
  • Globetrotter

A good hostel to spend a night in. It has all that you need and nice staff.

• 11th Jun 2013

Footprints Hostel

Singapore, Singapore

This place has everything you need food value for money. Its really busy all the time, which is a good sign!

• 10th Jun 2013

Mount Lavinia Home Stay

Colombo, Sri Lanka

Great hostel. Best facilities we found in Sri Lanka. Also minutes from the beach. Reccomended

• 6th Jun 2013

Boa Vista

Anuradhapura, Sri Lanka

This was a great place to spend a couple of nights. Really close to the sacred city. The owner couldn't have been more helpful and made us feel very welcome and helped us as much as possible. Defo recommend

• 4th Jun 2013

Kandy Down Town Hostel

Kandy, Sri Lanka

This was a great place to stay in Kandy. The staff couldn't be more helpful!!

• 3rd Jun 2013

Retro Youth Hostel

Cluj Napoca, Romania

This was a good hostel. Excellent value for money considering it came with breakfast. Would have liked wifi in the rooms.

• 28th Mar 2013
  • Globetrotter

Hello! We do have internet in the whole hostel, maybe was just a gadget problem. We look forward to have you again at Retro Hostel!

Freeborn Hostel

Timisoara, Romania

EXCELLENT hostel!! Great location and has everything you need. Super friendly staff- Raul litterally took me go karting!! Wish I'd stayed longer........

• 26th Mar 2013

Bethlehem Youth Hostel

Bethlehem, Israel

The German staff member was very helpful and knowledgeable. The building itself is great with the added bonus that your money goes to help charity.

• 15th Feb 2013

Citadel Youth Hostel

Jerusalem, Israel

A crazy maze of a building with low ceilings and an awesome view from the roof! Helpful staff on hand at all times, What more do you want?

• 14th Feb 2013

Bdeiwi Hostel & Hotel

Amman, Jordan

For the price, can't be beat! Bit be careful not to accidentally leave your chocolate downstairs the cheeky staff will eat it!!

Cliff Hotel

Amman, Jordan

Please don't stay here!!

• 8th Feb 2013

Saba'a Hotel

Petra, Jordan

Great and knowledgable staff make it a good stay!

• 7th Feb 2013

Hagallile Hostel

Tiberias, Israel

Very basic, but cheap. Don't expect too much and you'll be fine!

• 5th Feb 2013

Fauzi Azar Inn

Nazareth, Israel

In my opinion this is the best place to stay in israel! The building has a lot of character, but its the little Extra touches like a range of teas and free homemade cake, Oh and the breakfast- What a spread!!

• 4th Feb 2013

Port Inn

Haifa, Israel

A nice hostel with professional and helpful staff. Has everything you need.

• 3rd Feb 2013
  • Globetrotter

A nice hostel with all the amenities you'd expect- the roof terrace is a great place to hang out. The biggest selling point of this hostel is the staff, they are always helpful and want to lake sure that you have a good time!

• 2nd Feb 2013

Hostel ROOM Rotterdam

Rotterdam, Netherlands

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Great staff,facilities and location!

• 22nd Jan 2013

Boomerang Hostel

Antwerp, Belgium

So I've ready some bad reviews of this hostel and I think the owners have taken your comments on board. Whilst I was there the sheets were clean, as were the bathrooms. The staff were helpful and welcoming. Yes, you cancel smoke in the common room, I am a non-smoker and it didn't bothered me. I think some people should chill out abit. My main advice for the owners would be to get some cheap lockers in the rooms, so that guests feel their belongings are secure.

• 21st Jan 2013

Hostel Uppelink

Gent, Belgium

Great hostel and staff. Nice location- pretty much dead centre. All new facilities in a cool old building!

• 20th Jan 2013
  • Globetrotter

Famous Franks is one of the best hostels I have stayed in. It has everything you need, with helpful staff and a good location. Also look at the price- wow.

• 16th Dec 2012

Bunstel

Tallinn, Estonia

We enjoyed our time here. We were the only people (it being winter) so we had the whole place to ourselves mmwwwwhahahahaha. Anyway, apart from that the owner was really nice and attentive and the hostel had all the amenities you needed.

• 12th Dec 2012

Thanks guys :)

Pergamos Hotel

Athens, Greece

So this is good value for money cheap and cheerful. defo stay here is youre a couple and you dont want to spend alot of money. Location is only like 15 mins walk to main sights although it was a bit sketchy at night- possibly

• 19th Aug 2012

Milingona Hostel

Tirana, Albania

The owner of this hostel is really helpful and know exactly where to go/do stuff ect. and he's good at cards! Pickup from town was a nice addition, it saved walking around in circles!

• 9th Aug 2012

Anchi Guesthouse & Apartments

Dubrovnik, Croatia

This was more than I expected - I only wanted to crash in Dubrovnik for a night and this was the cheapest accomodation I could find - man was it better than I expected. Easy to find from the Bus station. The owners were very friendly and welcoming and my room was as big as an apartment + extra kitchens / bathrooms if i needed. Only downside would be if you wanted to visit the old town - bit of a walk, but Im sure there is a bus

• 5th Aug 2012

Hostel Tabor Ljubljana

Ljubljana, Slovenia

I liked this hostel it had a 'Uni Halls' feel. Everything you need was here + good location. Massive TV in the common room too

• 26th Jul 2012
  • Globetrotter

Ok, So Austria is expensive and this is the cheapest place I could find in Graz. Took me a little while to find it and its a 15 min walk to the centre. I was put in the basement - maybe I look like I cant be trusted, but facilities were good and the breakfast was top-notch

• 25th Jul 2012