Beware of the aircondition. It was so cold I got sick. You only get a thin sheet, but can ask for a blanket which they should just provide from the beginning. The place was clean enough but needed some maintenance. Some nights it was a social place, others more quiet. You could meet other travellers here. Their tours were only some days and some of them got cancelled. You can use public transportation to get there from the airport but consider renting a car as there isn't much to do in Lahaina.

• 22nd Mar 2015

Al Son de los Santos

Guanajuato, Mexico

The place is decent to stay. I wouldn't recommend against it, but it is not a place where you meet people. I had my 8 person dorm to myself and didn't see many people staying at the hostel. The door to the dorm couldn't be locked, the lock to the bathroom didn't work, the place was definitely not cleaned every day. There was no hot water in the sink and the sink drain was almost clogged. It wasn't a bad place, the dorm room looked clean enough, but there were some details that could be improved.

• 2nd Mar 2015

USA Hostels San Francisco

San Francisco, USA

The hostel had some really nice details like outlets in the lockers and small screens on the bunk beds so you had a little more privacy. There was also a lamp and outlets right near every bed. They also had free alcohol on Saturdays. However, they could have used some toilet brushes in the bathrooms as the bowls of the toilets sometimes could have used a little cleaning.

• 24th Jan 2015

Banana Bungalow Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

Good place to meet people. Many things going on. I was there for New Years - they had done a lot to make a nice party. Arrived there at 1 am and was so tired I didn't see the receptionist decided to keep my driver's licence. I discovered it in a drawer by chance when I two days later asked another receptionist for directions. The receptionist also only gave me a thin sheet for my bed and I was so cold the first night - the next day I found out they have blankets. Out heater broke three times.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Denmark

Dorms were very nice - you have your own lamp, lockers and outlet. You meet people here but it caters to the stereotypical drunk British or Australian backpacker. I like to party, but I found that this place was too much. The music in the bar was way too loud way too early and the girls serving the drinks in the bar were so skimpy with the alcohol that you might as well just order a coke instead of vodka coke - it would taste the same. The pub crawl at 9.30 killed the party in the hostel.

• 6th Aug 2013

Spicypai Backpackers

Pai, Thailand

It was a really sociable place because all beds were in the same room and I made some good friends there. The owner took us out the first night for dinner and a cabaret show which was a good way to get to know people. He booked things for us, but did charge 100 baht extra for a bus trip to Pai. It's a place you should stay if you'd like to meet people. It is quite small - only about ten beds, but the room itself is very spacious.

• 17th May 2012