USA Hostels San Francisco

San Francisco, USA

The hostel had some really nice details like outlets in the lockers and small screens on the bunk beds so you had a little more privacy. There was also a lamp and outlets right near every bed. They also had free alcohol on Saturdays. However, they could have used some toilet brushes in the bathrooms as the bowls of the toilets sometimes could have used a little cleaning.

• 24th Jan 2015

Banana Bungalow Hollywood

Los Angeles, USA

Good place to meet people. Many things going on. I was there for New Years - they had done a lot to make a nice party. Arrived there at 1 am and was so tired I didn't see the receptionist decided to keep my driver's licence. I discovered it in a drawer by chance when I two days later asked another receptionist for directions. The receptionist also only gave me a thin sheet for my bed and I was so cold the first night - the next day I found out they have blankets. Out heater broke three times.

• 30th Dec 2014
  • Denmark

Dorms were very nice - you have your own lamp, lockers and outlet. You meet people here but it caters to the stereotypical drunk British or Australian backpacker. I like to party, but I found that this place was too much. The music in the bar was way too loud way too early and the girls serving the drinks in the bar were so skimpy with the alcohol that you might as well just order a coke instead of vodka coke - it would taste the same. The pub crawl at 9.30 killed the party in the hostel.

• 6th Aug 2013

Spicypai Backpackers

Pai, Thailand

It was a really sociable place because all beds were in the same room and I made some good friends there. The owner took us out the first night for dinner and a cabaret show which was a good way to get to know people. He booked things for us, but did charge 100 baht extra for a bus trip to Pai. It's a place you should stay if you'd like to meet people. It is quite small - only about ten beds, but the room itself is very spacious.

• 17th May 2012