Lovely Nest

Budapest, Hungary

Lovely Nest was comfortable, quiet, and extremely centrally located. The quirky apartment had great local flavour and was outstanding value for money - just a perfect choice for us.

Cheers Lighthouse

Istanbul, Turkey

A great little hostel, rooms very thoughtfully put together

In Old Shoes

Belgrade, Serbia

Lovely hostel - very central location, clean, lockers for your stuff. But what really made it great was the owner, Phil, who is a super guy

Hotel Coramandal Pondicherry

Pondicherry, India

Friendly & relaxed staff, room was on the ground floor, comfortable but damp, nice hot shower 24/7. Ended up staying another couple of nights in a cheaper place in a better room down the other end of town

Jordan Tower Hostel

Amman, Jordan

This is the 3rd hostel I've stayed in in Amman and it's my favourite by far. What a calm place to return to at the end of a busy day in the city - they've made a real effort with the homely sitting room and furnishings, comfortable and clean rooms, and a lovely fresh breakfast. The location is perfect for Downtown, and of course the star of the show gentle Jehad who just couldn't do enough for everybody and most helpfully provided a lot of people with very cheap transportation to the airport.

Thanks for your generous comments regarding our little travelers abode.. We hope our efforts to make people comfortable are successful and your feedback gives us pride and encouragement.. We appreciate that traveling and sight-seeing can sometimes be an arduous and tiring undertaking especially in unfamiliar parts of the world - so we are pleased that you found our humble place calm and relaxing to return to. Our staff are always genuinely pleased to help all guests and love to hear such positive feedback.

Abbasi Palace Hotel

Amman, Jordan

Pros: Staff were very welcoming & friendly, hostel in a handy location in Downtown Amman & breakfast was nice. Cons: The room was very chilly in November, no hot water for the duration of my stay. One staff member told me the wrong bus station to get a shared taxi/bus to the King Hussein Bridge which was annoying as he sounded so sure of himself I didn't double-check the information.

La Posada de Huertas

Madrid, Spain

Efficiently run hostel in an excellent location in Madrid. We were upgraded for free from an 8 bed dorm to a 4 bed, and we appreciated that. The breakfast was nice and although we didn't join in the activities there were plenty on offer. The receptionist had a masterful command of languages!

MuchoMadrid

Madrid, Spain

I was sick, had my passport stolen in Barcelona and was looking for somewhere friendly, relaxed and quiet while I went to the Embassy in Madrid to sort it out. Mucho Madrid was perfect for me, a warm reception by gentle, smiling hosts, a quiet place to chill and sleep, a perfect location in the hub of Madrid. Not a party hostel, no but a thoughfully put together wee home away from home, muy gracias!

Airport Skyway Lodge

Auckland, New Zealand

Nice relaxed hostel, good vibe, great facilities for hanging out waiting for a plane (DVDs, comfy couches, pool, spa & internet). Stayed before & would stay again, thanks.

Kinlay House Dublin

Dublin, Ireland

Very well-run hostel, great location in the heart of the city, very friendly and accommodating staff and spotless bathrooms. Couldn't fault it.

Bahaus Hostel

Istanbul, Turkey

Everything was really great. Staff were especially helpful at recommending good places to visit or where to buy things without getting ripped off.

Abigails Hostel

Dublin, Ireland

Lovely relaxed area for hanging out near reception, friendly helpful staff, great beds. Good job. However, whoever dreamed up the 1 key per bedroom system? It is very, inconvenient, doesn't work & should be changed.

Osbourne Hotel

Edinburgh, Scotland

Excellent Value for money. Not a hostel, obviously so not a place to meet people but a lovely spacious room at a very reasonable price.

Puerto Canoas

Puerto Iguazu, Argentina

We loved this hostel. Nice set up, great sleeps, friendly and informative staff, you can lie in a hammock and watch the hummingbirds feed above you, now that´s bliss!

Hostel Nakel Yenu

El Calafate, Argentina

Booked, arrived, receptionist didn't know anything about Hostelworld or how to log onto the system. And she had no rooms. Had to go elsewhere. Contacted H/W to ask for deposit back twice on 19 and 28 Feb. It's now March 8 and I'm still waiting...