St Christopher's Village, London, England
6.9
29th Apr 2013

The experience is generally the same in all St Christophers; the price is the main appeal, but you obviously pay for it in character. It is massive and the breakfast on offer is one of the worst I've ever had.We had a particularly bad experience staying in the largest and cheapest room and I would definitely recommend NOT staying in one of these- unless you enjoy theft and pant-less perverts! It's just not worth it!The staff however were helpful and friendly.

La Posada de Huertas, Madrid, Spain
5.1
18th Apr 2013

While the location is exceptional, it lacks too many important qualities which could greatly improve the overall experience. We weren't shown around this large hostel (common practice in most), the layout was so cramped as to exclude a common area and so, because there is no wifi in the rooms, there is no where to simply sit. We were woken up every night by people coming in and once by the owner because of confusion over beds- something which could have been avoided with better organisation.

Sant Jordi Diagonal Hostel, Barcelona, Spain
15th Apr 2013

Very clean and well organised hostel. They arrange pub crawls for people wanting to venture out at night, which allows any one who doesn't to have a peaceful nights sleep. The location, though about half an hour walk from La Ramblas, was very safe and still closer to other things like Guell park, Sagrada Familia and many beautiful gaudi buildings. There are also multiple wifi points throughout the hostel! We really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely return!!

Giovanni's Home, Naples, Italy
13th Apr 2013

Our stay here was excellent! Giovanni went above and beyond- with dinners, sing-alongs and in depth knowledge of the city. It was like being at home. We love you Giovanni- love from two lazy koalas. x

Cool & Bed, Lyon, France
6.6
7th Apr 2013

This hostel is okay. The free breakfast was nice and available till quite late. The staff were also very friendly. The location is poor- quite a distance from the city centre and the surroundings aren't great or terribly safe. Also, there was no key required for access into the building, the main foyer or rooms! So the security is lacking in quite an alarming way. Considering there are so few hostels in this expensive city, it's the cheapest option if you're in Lyon.

Kipps Brighton, Brighton, England
2nd Nov 2011

Easily the best hostel in Brighton (and i have stayed at a few). Friendly staff, amazing breakfast and warm atmosphere. Good for going out or just chilling out in the common room. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Journeys Brighton Hostel, Brighton, England
6.7
27th Oct 2011

The staff here are great- very friendly and helpful. The cleanliness is average, the walls next to my bed for instance were filthy, and there is limited storage within the rooms.

Dear guest, thanks for the feedback and i was especially pleased to hear my team made your stay an enjoyable one. Re the marks on the wall, thank you for bringing this to my attention and I have had my Housekeeper deal with this immediately. Thanks again for the feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Brighton. Regards Steve Stott

Journeys Brighton Hostel, Brighton, England
14th Oct 2011

Okay hostel. Reasonably clean and the staff are very helpful.

Dear Guest, thank you so much for the feedback, really appreciate you taking the time and I hope you enjoyed your stay with us. Regards Steve Stott

5.0
5th Oct 2011

A pretty average hostel in an awesome location. We had to request toilet paper for our bathroom and the soap was empty the whole week that I was there. Also, the card system that they use is useless to the point of faulty. No one from my room could get access to the room as the strip on the card wouldn't work and constantly had to go down to reception to get it fixed. I don't think there was one time when I went up to my room that the card actually worked without me having to go to reception

Hi thanks for your feedback. with regard to your comments about our card system, we understand that some of our locks can be a bit tempramental and as a result we are looking into getting them all updated in the near future. regards Russell Newby General Manager

Raise a Smile Hostel Berlin, Berlin, Germany
28th Sep 2011

STAY AT THIS HOSTEL! I have been to Berlin many times and have stayed in many different hostels around Europe but this is hands-down the best place I have ever stayed- hotels included. The worst thing I could say about it is that it is so hard to leave. Activities every night, amazing staff and terrific location. I can't recommend it enough! Stay here- you won't be disappointed.

The 4You Hostel Munich, Munich, Germany
5.3
26th Sep 2011

A combination of the most expensive and the most average hostel I have ever stayed in. Unclean and in a seamy location (being near the Hauptbahnhof). I wouldn't recommend staying here.

6.3
24th Sep 2011

Slightly disappointing. It's okay and I had one really nice staff member when I checked in but the next day I forgot that I had to move rooms and the girl at the time accused me of being aware of this fact and that i had been informed (which I had not) that I had to move and that I had ignored it. So I wasn't impressed with the service. The hostel itself is clean enough but not the best place I have stayed by a long shot.

Hostel Ruthensteiner Vienna, Vienna, Austria
9.0
20th Sep 2011

I would definitely recommend this hostel! Great location and awesome set up. It's one of Europe's famous hostel's for a reason.

City Hostel Nürnberg, Nuremberg, Germany
18th Sep 2011

Good hostel in a good location, very close to the station and the main streets. The staff were very friendly and it was quite clean. The only thing I would take issue with is that you have to pay for Wifi. Which is ridiculous because hostels generally offer this service for free. Other than that it was quite nice.

St Christophers Prague, Prague, Czech Republic
7.7
15th Sep 2011

Regular St. Christopher's. Clean and great location. More like a hotel than a hostel. Not much character but so cheap it's easy to overlook.

Lollis Homestay, Dresden, Germany
12th Sep 2011

Lovely hostel in a great location. The rooms are nicely decorated, the staff are friendly, the bathrooms are clean and the wifi is free (very important!).

• Australia,
7.7
6th Sep 2011

Very nice Industrial Hostel. You pay for everything and it's a bit lacking in character but it's clean and in an amazing location for going out and loitering around the East Side gallery.

St Christopher's at The Winston, Amsterdam, Netherlands
4th Sep 2011

So clean and central. It's basically like a hotel with several other people in the same room. If this is what you want, stay here! However it's not altogether personal and it does feel like a chain (probably because it is!).

• Australia,
8.7
3rd Sep 2011

Very clean and well set-up. It's a St. Christopher's so you know what to expect. It lacks a personal atmosphere but it's clean and well situated.

Snuffel Backpacker Hostel, Bruges, Belgium
9.0
1st Sep 2011

Awesome hostel with a great atmosphere! Not the cleanest and you have to walk outside to get to the bathrooms but the staff are great and the beer is cheap!

Sleep Well Youth Hostel, Brussels, Belgium
5.7
31st Aug 2011

Though this hostel is in a very good location (i.e. right next to the high street), it was definitely one of the least impressive hostels I have stayed in. It feels unclean and has almost no character. It's quite basic and the staff were reasonably friendly but I didn't enjoy my stay here and wouldn't return.

5th Aug 2011

Amazing location and facilities. Definitely coming back!